PDA

View Full Version : New Website - Billiards Review - CCB Sneak Peek

ObeOne
07-18-2002, 01:54 AM
Hopefully you won't consider this spam /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

I'm launching a new website. The basic idea is that people can go there and read reviews about pool products, and post there own reviews. With so many products out there, it can be quite difficult to decide what to buy. The purpose of this site is to help elimate some of that confusion.

Currently, the only pages up are the main page and the forums. I'm posting this now as sort of a preview for the CCBers. You will be able to register and use the forums, but you can't review anything quite yet. I plan to get reviews going tomorrow (friday). I also need to redesign the look of the forums, and get the other pages of the site up and running.

Here's the link: http://roadrage.sports-gaming.com/billiardsreview

If the site becomes popular enough, I will register a domain.

Let me know what you think!

--Mike

Rich R.
07-18-2002, 04:03 AM
The site looks good and you have a good idea. I'm looking forward to seeing how it progresses. Rich R.

PQQLK9
07-18-2002, 06:52 AM
Looks real good Mike...nice presence...easy to read ...loads fast ...not cluttered...the Pool and Billiard community will benefit greatly from your site...thanks

griffith_d
07-18-2002, 07:01 AM
So far I like it,...I would like to be a moderator, but I am not sure how much time I would need to invest.

Griff

9 Ball Girl
07-18-2002, 08:49 AM
Looks good. I'd like to see how it progresses.

Ross
07-18-2002, 08:51 AM
Mike,
Excellent idea and nicely implemented. I like the way the site is organized.
I have one suggestion - the colors are a bit drab and could be spruced up a bit. The contrast indicating that a link has been visited previously is faint as well. Finally, I think the Billiards Review logo could be spiffed up graphically with a more striking font. There is nothing wrong with using fancy graphic design to help generate excitement about a site! Just my two cents...

ObeOne
07-18-2002, 01:38 PM
Griff: A moderator can invest as much or as little time as he wants. Once we get about 5-10 moderators everything will run quite smoothly. All moderators really need to do is delete inappropriate posts and post new products as they are requested in the product request forum. When you are logged in as a moderator, when you read messages on the forum, an extra button appears on the bottom of each message to delete it. It's quite simple.

RE Graphics: Thanks for the suggestions. I will see what I can come up with today.

Anyone interested in becoming a moderator, make sure you're registered on the forums, and then either email or message me using the PM feature on the BR forums.

--Mike

Wally_in_Cincy
07-18-2002, 01:39 PM
Great idea.

Let us know how it's going.

ObeOne
07-18-2002, 04:51 PM
Ok I've changed the color scheme and I'm working on some new logo graphics. After that I'll get the forums changed to match the site, and then we can start reviewing!

ObeOne
07-18-2002, 10:27 PM
Ok, the site is nearly ready to go live. All that's left is to get the reviews started, and put up the other pages of the site... should be done tongight. I also have to remake all the forum graphics, but that can be done after the site goes live.

We still need moderators, so if you are interested, register on the forums, and PM me.

You can also start posting products in the 'add product to review' forum. This will help get things rolling.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

--Mike

Rod
07-18-2002, 10:59 PM
Perhaps a lighter blue background to read the text on the main page and especially the forums.

ObeOne
07-18-2002, 11:15 PM
I made the background on the main page lighter as you suggested. Good suggestion. As soon as I finish the other pages on the site (should be in about 30mins) I will get to work on the forums (graphics and color changes).

--Mike

ObeOne
07-19-2002, 01:27 AM
The site is now fully functional! I will be adding more products tomorrow... I need sleep now /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif. Enjoy the site!

--Mike