PDA

View Full Version : Disillusionment !!

wolfdancer
11-22-2006, 12:21 PM
A terrible thing happened yesterday. I found out that a boyhood hero of mine...Batman...is a Republican.
Sure all the signs were there to begin with....rich, politically connected, living with a teen-age page, they called 'em wards in them days.
But watching the movie "Batman Begins"...there was the absolute proof....... a shipping carton labeled Wayne Industries, and "made in China".
Tells me that Bruce is anti-American labor, anti-union,contributing to the imbalance of trade....might even be a Wal-Mart supplier. A sad state of affairs...I'm switching my allegiance to the Hulk...he's big, he's ugly (might even be a Dem?)...but he ain't selling out the country.

Gayle in MD
11-22-2006, 12:42 PM
Ha ha ha...what a mind you have, LOL. hey,...I'm in love with the hero guy at the other table, in the insurence commercial, you know, the one who finally jumps up and does the Hymlick Maneuver to save the choking patron at the next table, while all the diners at the choker's table sit talking about how to do the maneuver, while their friend is choking to death, LOL...anyway, he's a hunk for sure!!!

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wolfdancer
11-22-2006, 12:49 PM
Haven't seen that one yet....it's got to be better though, than the Geico "star" commercials.

Deeman3
11-22-2006, 01:14 PM
I had a moment, a few years back that reminds of the commercial you cite. A young man was missing for several minutes in a swimming area at a lake. We heard the yelling and came running. Another stranger and I jumped in and found the boy, about 17 years old. He had been in the water much too long but, because his family was there, we would not quit CPR until the ambulance arrived. He was dead. I am trained in CPR but am the first to admit I am not an ER doctor. A few days later a newspaper article came out quoting a man (a bystander)saying we had not performed CRP correctly, but, of course, with not details of the errors he saw. Now, if he was standing there, why do he not step forward and assist us? I just can't figure people out. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

DeeMan

Gayle in MD
11-22-2006, 01:43 PM
Well, atleast you tried. that's what is important. I'd be wondering the same thing. Did the man give his name?

My dear husband would kill me for telling this, but years ago, when he was nineteen, a fighter jet crashed, after bouncing down on the highway, right in front of his car as he was driving down Pennsylvania Avenue Extended, around dusk, one summer evening, near Andrews Air Force Base. It rolled up after bouncing, in a ball of fire, on a knoll, which was accross a four lane highway from a (Golf) Driving course, where my Dad happened to be driving golf balls. Dad was the only man at the range, that ran to help. It was an awful crash, and the plane had burst into flames. Jim pulled over, and ran to wreckage, which was intermittently making loud hissing sounds, about to blow. The pilot, was trapped, his feet caught in the side window, and his upper body, dangling down the side of the plane. Jim had to stop and run back away once or twice, from the heat, and the pre-explosion sounds, but about the time my Dad got there, Jim had managed to get the pilot out. Jim kept asking him throughout, if there was anyone else in the plane, but I guess the noise, or something, he never answered. There was a co-pilot, Jim learned later, who parished, but Jim saved the life of the Captain. His Mother wrote a beautiful letter to Jim, and the Airforce had a reception in Jim's honor, and gave him a nice, official Certificate Of Bravery. Naturally, I'm very proud of him. Jim never mentions it. It must be a great feeling, though, to know that you have saved a life.

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
11-22-2006, 02:12 PM
Hey, that's a great story, about saving a life, even though another was lost. Jim should not be embarrassed, it might inspire someone else to act, if the time arises.
My cousin crawled through a house "fully involved" to rescue a couple of young kids that were trapped. He got them out but the smoke had killed them. The city had a parade though in his honor. He's a big, strong guy....and another time, some fellow fireman were trapped under a heavy steel door that had fallen on them. He wedged himself underneath,and managed to lift enough to get them out.
Very sad story on Deeman's part....can't understand the other guy, not assisting if he knew the "right" way.

Gayle in MD
11-22-2006, 06:54 PM
Yeah, I thought the same thing. Maybe he really didn't know, and was just the kind that always thinks everyone else is doing it wrong...who knows, but I can't imagine anyone saying that, and If Deeman took the course, I'm sure he knew what he was doing. The other guy sounds sort of suspect, to me...

Gayle in Md.

Drop1
11-22-2006, 07:12 PM
I once saved a girl's reputation....needless to say I got nothin.

Qtec
11-22-2006, 07:30 PM
This is gutter journalism of the worst kind.
Was he there at the time of the incident? Or is he quoting someone who 'says' he witnessed the event? He probably made it up, just to spice up a straightforward but sad story. ie Kids drowns. Two guys give him CPR but its too late.
The problem is that if this hit the mainstream press you might be 2 steps away from a lawsuit and a Grand Jury!

You gave it your best shot. You can't do any more than that.
Q

Drop1
11-22-2006, 07:52 PM
I know this will come as a shock to many,but no person,is obligated by law to come to the aid of another person. Read Prossor on Tort Law.

TomBrooklyn
11-30-2006, 12:01 AM
We are moving to a global economy. Eventually all the earth's people's will have to join to fight off Aliens.