PDA

View Full Version : Cloth Recover - Is it done wrong?

isumba1999
11-26-2006, 02:28 PM
I just had my Gold Crown covered with Simonis and the mechanic cut v's in the corners and the pockets do not cover them up. It looks like it is not done right to me. I have a photo of what it looks like. Three of the pockets look good and the other three have the v's and you can see the fringe on the cloth and everything. Should I be asking to have it done again?

BigRigTom
11-26-2006, 05:43 PM
If it is like I think, that is not unusual to use that method to help keep the cloth from wrinkling when you stretch it...but you SHOULD NOT see the V or the fringe once the installation is complete.
Chances are that your installer could stretch the cloth a bit more so the V is tucked under and out of site underneath. If he can't do that he has screwed up and you have every right to request it be corrected. MHO Why don't you post that photo so we can see what you mean.

TennesseeJoe
11-26-2006, 06:57 PM
Where is the photo?

isumba1999
11-27-2006, 04:34 AM
I don't have the photo on a web server so I can't post it but I can email it to you.

BigRigTom
11-27-2006, 10:09 AM
Since you have emailed it to me, I could post it for you if you like. Just say the word.

bsmutz
11-27-2006, 11:13 AM
I agree, installer f'ed up, have it redone.

isumba1999
11-29-2006, 05:20 AM
Tom that would be really cool if you could post the picture for me. I talked to the manager of the billiards store who employs the mecnanic who did the recover and he is not convinced that it is done wrong. He said he has new tables on the floor that have the "v" showing just like mine. I need all the help from people who know about this to convince him that it is wrong. He is charging me $500 for the cloth and the recover and I want it to look nice when I am done. Thanks for your help!

BigRigTom
11-29-2006, 08:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote isumba1999:</font><hr> Tom that would be really cool if you could post the picture for me. I talked to the manager of the billiards store who employs the mecnanic who did the recover and he is not convinced that it is done wrong. He said he has new tables on the floor that have the "v" showing just like mine. I need all the help from people who know about this to convince him that it is wrong. He is charging me $500 for the cloth and the recover and I want it to look nice when I am done. Thanks for your help! <hr /></blockquote>
Here it is:
http://209.35.239.118/images/Gold-Crown-Table-Covered-Wr.jpg

bsmutz
11-29-2006, 12:52 PM
There is no way I would accept that! Over time, that V is going to continue to rip up to the top. Most installers cut a number of Vs for each pocket, but they shouldn't be up on the edge of the slate like that. They should be underneath the slate down where the stapling is going on and shouldn't be visible in the pocket. It could be difficult and/or expensive to fix at this point, but they are the ones that screwed it up... I have 12 pockets at home that I could take pictures of if you would like. 6 of them are on 2" slate, too. There are no Vs showing in any of them and the only place I've seen anything even remotely like your picture were on the most poorly maintained of bar tables.

BigRigTom
11-29-2006, 01:08 PM
I agree and if the supplier thinks this is ok then I would have to say he does not know what he's talking about. The installer should correct this problem at NO Charge to you and if he doesn't I would be sure to mention it to all my friends because it is definitely substandard work.

isumba1999
11-29-2006, 01:56 PM
Actually none of the staples are on the under side of the slate frame. They are all on the side of the frame and even the pockets that don't have a "v" cut in them I can see the staples because the pockets do not cover them up.