PDA

View Full Version : 751 Urban No-Go Areas in France

FatsRedux
11-29-2006, 08:47 AM
French Police Can Not Protect Themselves

PARIS (Reuters) - Stoned, beaten and insulted, their vehicles torched by crowds of hostile youths, French police say they face an urban guerrilla war when they enter the run-down neighborhoods that ring the major cities. –end excerpt

ATLAS DES ZONES URBAINES SENSIBLES (SENSITIVE URBAN ZONES)

751 areas in France are not controlled by the French, they are essentially no-go zones for non-Muslim French citizens. Here they are, complete with maps and street by street perimeter delineations as per official French government site:
751 French No-Go Zones (ZUS) (http://i.ville.gouv.fr/divbib/doc/chercherZUS.htm)

Fats

Deeman3
11-29-2006, 10:46 AM
Makes me glad we decided to fight them over there than fight them over here... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

DeeMan

Gayle in MD
11-29-2006, 12:32 PM
Official government estimates project 1200 alQaeda in Iraq, less than two percent of the warring extremists. The rest of the killing is being done by Iraqis. The worst of alQaeda escaped Afghanistan, because we were fighting in Iraq, and failed to send troops in when bin Laden was cornered, hence, he escaped. Our borders have been competely open, and neglected, since 9/11. Do you really think they are not here, and in many many other places also? We aren't fighting "Them" over there. We're supposedly Nation Building, remember that, just what George Bush assured us he wouldn't get involved in. Our troops are not killing alQaeda, they're being slaughtered, by warring Iraqis, who have been fighting one another for thousands of years. We are no safer now, than we were on 9/11, we just have thousands more radical Islamists, ready and willing to kill us, and dispersed over a greater number of nations. Those are the facts.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
11-29-2006, 01:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Official government estimates project 1200 alQaeda in Iraq, less than two percent of the warring extremists. The rest of the killing is being done by Iraqis. The worst of alQaeda escaped Afghanistan, because we were fighting in Iraq, and failed to send troops in when bin Laden was cornered, hence, he escaped. Our borders have been competely open, and neglected, since 9/11. Do you really think they are not here, and in many many other places also? We aren't fighting "Them" over there. We're supposedly Nation Building, remember that, just what George Bush assured us he wouldn't get involved in. Our troops are not killing alQaeda, they're being slaughtered, by warring Iraqis, who have been fighting one another for thousands of years. We are no safer now, than we were on 9/11, we just have thousands more radical Islamists, ready and willing to kill us, and dispersed over a greater number of nations. Those are the facts.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Gayle in Md.
<hr /></blockquote>

Gayle,

Your arguments are all sound except, they are not roiting in our streets nor turning over vehicles by the dozens as in France, a "friend" and defender of the Islamic people.

Are you saying, as Democrats gain more control, that this will begin happening here? Once we display that kinder, gentler attitude toward them....

DeeMan

Gayle in MD
11-29-2006, 02:13 PM
I'm saying this. I'd much rather have our borders gaurded, our Immigration and VISA programs tightened, our armed forces in good shape, and defensive weaponry updated, our allies, willing to back us up, and our troops right here, searching for terrorist cells, and overseeing our airports, ariplanes, bridges, tunnels, power plants, than to have them fighting in a civil war in Iraq.

I'm saying, we aren't fighting "Them" over there, as you said. If the "Them" you are referring to, are radical islamists, al Qaeda, and bin Laden, the longer we stay in Iraq, the more we are promoting terrorism here, degrading our military, wasting our resources, and the more danger we are in, right here, because money we could have spent in safe gaurding our own country, is being wasted in Iraq.

We're not fighting Them, over there. We're helping them to strengthen their cause, and their numbers. We're giving Middle East enemies, just what they wanted.

Also, no, I don't think that Democrats display a kinder, gentler disposition toward terrorists, or terrorism. Those sentiments, were just more Bush/Republican bull$**t, used to mask their failed policies, and tarnish everyone who spoke out against them. I hope, the Democrats will expose the gross incompetence of this administration, and bring our troops home, since leaving them in Iraq, isn't doing anything to make us safer here, or to quell terrorism, according to our own National Security Intelligence Agencies, 16 of them to be exact, who say, that our presence in Iraq, has emboldened their cause, and greatly increased their numbers. That is what I'm saying.

What are you saying? Are you still saying that going into Iraq, was a good policy, and that you think we are fighting terrorist and terrorism in Iraq? Are you saying that fighting in a Civil War, between Iraqis, is a worthwhile cause for our people to die for, on the other side of the world? Are you saying that this adventure in fantasy, has been a success? That Bush was right? Told us the truth? Has done a good job? That the Republicans who afforded him the opportunity to continue failed policy, with no accountability, were being hard on terrorism? That you think our people are dying in an Iraqi Civil War, to keep terrorist from attacking us here?

Gayle in Md.