PDA

View Full Version : Powell Speaks Out On Civil War

Gayle in MD
11-29-2006, 12:40 PM
Powell: Iraq Is In A Civil War And Bush Should Stop Denying It
Speaking with CNN reporter Hala Gorani in Dubai today, former Secretary of State Colin Powell said Iraq’s violence meets the standard of a civil war and thinks President Bush needs to acknowledge that. According to Gorani’s report, Powell said if he were heading the State Department right now, he would recommend that the Bush administration adopt that language “in order to come to terms with the reality on the ground.”

How long does George Bush think he's going to be able to continue to govern with lies? How many more of our people are we willing to sacrifice in a Civil War, on the other side of the world?

Gayle in Md.

Sid_Vicious
11-29-2006, 06:35 PM
"How long does George Bush think he's going to be able to continue to govern with lies?"

I'd hazard to say, "Until Ed is the last holdout." /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif sid

Qtec
11-29-2006, 09:26 PM
It doesn't matter what we call it. It won't change anything.
The absolute basic neccessity for any free country is that you can go to your bed and sleep in reasonable safety. Every morning bodies are found on the streets of Bahgdad of people who have been kidnapped the night before.
That you can at least go shopping without the constant fear of being blown to pieces. Last week, in one day, 200 people died in bombings in Bahgdad alone.
Anarchy rules in Iraq. Niether the US nor the Iraqi Govt are in control and this Govt doesn't know what to do about it. I don't know if its a civil war or not, but I know its a mess.
Q

Gayle in MD
11-29-2006, 10:29 PM
No question, it's a mess. Tonight I heard two things, that Bush is sending in ten to twenty thousand more troops, and that the long awaited panel will advise drawing down troop levels, but with no time line. What good is that advice, with no time line? Jeeze...I think our troops have given Bush, and Maliki, and the Iraqis, enough time and blood, to get their $**t together.

I do think though, that it matters that both the media, and former cabinet members, and representatives, and now going against the White House Semantic BS, and calling the so called War On Terror, an Iraqi Civil War. The correct term, represents further proof that our troops should come home. Bush, being blown off by Maliki for the big meeting, should also be significant in showing that no matter how many of our people die in Iraq, you can't force peace and democracy at the end of guns, in an area where hatred, revenge and violence have simmered for generations. Maliki is as much caught in a no win situation over there, as our troops are, IMO.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
11-29-2006, 10:32 PM
Some will never admit to Bush's dishonesty, and incompetence. I would venture to say, Ed will be one of those. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Gayle...

eg8r
11-30-2006, 06:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Some will never admit to Bush's dishonesty, and incompetence. I would venture to say, Ed will be one of those. <hr /></blockquote> In the end does it matter? W is your President and he will be there until the next President is elected.

eg8r

Fran Crimi
11-30-2006, 06:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Some will never admit to Bush's dishonesty, and incompetence. I would venture to say, Ed will be one of those. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Gayle... <hr /></blockquote>

That's right. Very good, children. Antagonize each other. It's what you all live for here, right? I especially like the smirk after the last comment.

eg8r
11-30-2006, 06:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote mother hen:</font><hr> That's right. Very good, children. Antagonize each other. It's what you all live for here, right? I especially like the smirk after the last comment. <hr /></blockquote> Thanks momma bear. The problem here is that with your comment, I am having trouble seeing the difference between yourself and the children. You are just antagonizing Gayle. Hypocrisy is running rampant.

eg8r

Fran Crimi
11-30-2006, 07:26 AM
Nah. Don't try to turn it around. I'm not the bad guy here. You don't like it because I'm just pointing out how you guys act right at the time you all do it. Would you all act that way towards your family and your children? I really hope not for their sakes.

Hey, feel free to ignore my posts. I'm just stating my opinions just like all of you have been for the past few years now.

wolfdancer
11-30-2006, 09:06 AM
There must be a subtle distinction between sarcasm, antagonizing others, and just expressing one's opinion. I guess it depends on who the poster is.
What some people take for hate and antagonism here is really just one group of liberal Democrats trying to point out what is really happening, trying to educate the other group.
While they are able to get through to the famous Lipizzaner Stallions with voltage...we're restricted to using mere words. You do have to yell at the kids sometimes, and be a little harsh...but it's worth it if you can open the eyes of just one person

Qtec
11-30-2006, 09:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Some will never admit to Bush's dishonesty, and incompetence. I would venture to say, Ed will be one of those. <hr /></blockquote> In the end does it matter? W is your President and he will be there until the next President is elected.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Unless he is impeached, tried, found guilty of treason and throw in jail. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Q

Gayle in MD
11-30-2006, 09:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> "Our lives begin to end, the day we decide to become silent." [ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

Martin Luther King

Just makes one wonder, why they continue to read, and then complain after they have made their choice? Is that adult behavior? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
11-30-2006, 10:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nah. Don't try to turn it around. I'm not the bad guy here. <hr /></blockquote> It would be childish to call anyone a bad guy. It is what it is and your activity lately has been nothing short of what you accuse the others of doing.

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, feel free to ignore my posts. I'm just stating my opinions just like all of you have been for the past few years now.
<hr /></blockquote> Now we are talking. Finally someone willing to step up and admit their hypocrisy. I guess in the world of Fran, two wrongs do make it right. Who said they are going to ignore your posts?

eg8r

eg8r
11-30-2006, 10:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Unless he is impeached, tried, found guilty of treason and throw in jail. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote> Yeah, you have a better chance of something happening in PlameGate. Could you imagine the Dems changing their minds and actually going for an impeachment. I can just hear Gayle now yelling from the treetops about Pelosi lying. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Qtec
11-30-2006, 01:35 PM
If they are not going for impeachment they are a bunch of whips!

Q

9 Ball Girl
11-30-2006, 01:41 PM
NBC finally had the balls to call it what it is:

That old expression "they don't know whether to $hit or go blind" certainly takes on new meaning:

Bozell (http://mediamatters.org/items/200611290009?src=item200611290009)

It's a good thing that I don't watch Fox news and spare myself from the constant barrage of bull$hit that fox news spews out!

9 Ball Girl
11-30-2006, 01:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> If they are not going for impeachment they are a bunch of whips!<hr /></blockquote> http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid220/pc4cb9b94762232641be3ea01bf144adf/ebd29a71.jpg

Son, you're making the same mistake with Iraq that I made with your mother. I didn't pull out in time...

Sid_Vicious
11-30-2006, 01:55 PM
I was listening to CNN for about an hour last night concerning the options and outcome of each for the future of this war, and I'll tell you, it was depressing. To me, the certainly be a head to roll over the decision and the following execution of this Iraq snafu. It is PITIFUL! Impeach, yes. This guy has sold this country out..sid

Qtec
11-30-2006, 02:30 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid220/pc4cb9b94762232641be3ea01bf144adf/ebd29a71.jpg

Son, isn't it amazing how some people will believe any crap you tell them! Kerry is a war veteran and you dodged active duty but you came out on top. See what connections can do?
Its a crazy world Son, and you have to work with it. Who cares what the masses think do or how they live. As long you can convince them to vote for you - that's whats important.
Even if we have to pull out of Iraq, we have made millions and our friends have made millions and all our backers are happy, what more do you want.

Just to maintain some semblance of order in Iraq, you need at least another 1/2 million men!
Then it comes to the crunch.
To maintain these amount of troops in Iraq not forgetting Afghanistan, a draft /would be needed. It only took a week to take over the country and since then the Rummy etc have made a total F85k Up of the whole situation.

IMO, GW is sacrificing the future of the ME ie Iraq for the sake of political expedience!

Q...eg, ...........GW is a coward. He proved that when he signed a form where he said he didn't want to Vietnam.

ie,
George, we have trained you at great expense of the taxpayer's money to be a pilot. Do you want to serve your country in Vietnam against the Communists.
GW- No thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

wolfdancer
11-30-2006, 03:28 PM
Et Tu ????
Say, I could understand it when nAz made these kind of hate posts.....considering the boy can barely read or write, but you???
web page (http://www.dailywav.com/0101/nicegirl.wav)

Bobbyrx
11-30-2006, 03:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr>
"Kerry is a war veteran and you dodged active duty but you came out on top. See what connections can do?"
No he tried to get out of going but couldn't probably because he hadn't married his first millionairess yet. So
he joined the NAVY, I'm sure to be in the thick of things.
It really is amazing that the pot headed liberals of the 60's who championed burning their draft cards and going to Canada now complain about Bush's military record. Kerry wasn't their hero for going on his 4 month tour and bringing his own camera to film his own staged exploits, it was when he came home and called his fellow servicemen war criminals and murdurers and tossed his purple hearts (but somehow still has them). If Bush did try to get out of going Vietnam by joining the National Guard, this only became a problem for the left the day Bill Clinton left office.

Sid_Vicious
11-30-2006, 05:08 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Reminds me of a line Al Bundy said in "Married With Children" after Bud pulled one of his original dumbos(dubyas)..."All for the lack of one prophylactic!" sid

9 Ball Girl
11-30-2006, 08:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Et Tu ????
Say, I could understand it when nAz made these kind of hate posts.....considering the boy can barely read or write, but you???
web page (http://www.dailywav.com/0101/nicegirl.wav) <hr /></blockquote>You know how some people can throw their voice? I guess nAz threw his hands over to my keyboard! LOL

9 Ball Girl
11-30-2006, 08:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Reminds me of a line Al Bundy said in "Married With Children" after Bud pulled one of his original dumbos(dubyas)..."All for the lack of one prophylactic!" sid <hr /></blockquote>ROFL! I remember that!

Sid_Vicious
11-30-2006, 08:58 PM
I actually mis-quoted Al. It was condom instead of prophylactic. That snarly, sarcastic twisted grin when he said it of his was choice....sid

Fran Crimi
12-01-2006, 06:39 AM
You can kick and scream all you want, eg. But in case you haven't noticed, with the exception of a few who can't let go of their overwhelming ego issues, the discussions around here have become much more civil. Hats off to the civil posters.

Fran

Gayle in MD
12-01-2006, 09:18 AM
You got that right gal! I lived near Andrews Air Froce Base for years. Have had many many Military friends, Air Force, and other, high and low ranking, and I'm well aware of the politically correct stance necessary for advancment in the Military. Most say what will insure their promotions. Then you have those men who stand head and shoulders above the rest, put the troops, and the truth in front of their personal agendas, and although they're rare, they manage to get the word out, in spite of whichever political party is in power, or how it impacts their salary. Their loyalty is to their fellow servicemen and women. Without their determination to protect them, we wouldn't know much of anything!

We're all too familiar with this administration's constant denial of the facts, and their overly optimistic predictions. I think it's clear, that Maliki, has been taken to the woodshed by the administration for speaking the truth before. This administration has agressively sought secrecy, denial, and retribution against any and all truth, or truthful statement, by anyone, at any time, right down to creating a whole new language to cover the truth, and slander their critics.

Does anyone else notice their hand holding with the Saudis? The real story of this so called war on terror, is in the secret meetings with Saudis, and the Oil Industry right here, Halliburton, and other Corporations. George Bush has assembled the most agressive bunch of greedy despots this country of ours has to offer in order to advance his personal global position of power, and covered his evil hidden nature beneath a phoney religious facade, which blinds the public of his true nature, and unamerican agendas.

You're right Wendy...Fox News is nothing more than a Republican Propaganda News channel, and regardless of what the right says about the liberal press, anyone who reads, or studies, knows which press, Liberal or Conservative, puts the truth out....

"Eventually, the truth has a way of rising to the surface."

Bob Woodward....

Thanks for the link!!!

Love,
Gayle

Bobbyrx
12-01-2006, 03:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>
Fox News is nothing more than a Republican Propaganda News channel, and regardless of what the right says about the liberal press, anyone who reads, or studies, knows which press, Liberal or Conservative, puts the truth out....

<font color="blue">(A)Dan Rather (B)Peter Arnett (C) Bagdad Bob (D)CNN News chief Eason Jordan</font color>

Gayle in MD
12-01-2006, 05:00 PM
Hey, why not be more specific? You obviously have your heros, and I have mine. Dan Rather, happens to be one of them. In fact, I have his picture on my mantle, posing with my daughter, at the national Radio and Television Correspondants Dinner, when she was working for none other than Fox news! Yeah, imagine that, if you can. I know a little about Fox News, and a lot about Dan Rather. He's a great reporter, and a fine man, who has courage, and is kind.

Gayle in Maryland

Bobbyrx
12-01-2006, 05:30 PM
Quote from Rather when Bill Clinton congratulated him on his on-air partnership with Connie Chung:
"Thank you, Mr. President. Thank you. Thank you. Mr. President. If we could be one-one-hundredth as great as you and Hillary Rodham Clinton have been together in the White House, we'd take it right now and walk away winners." Never would expect bias from this guy.

What would be an example of "Republican propaganda" put out by Fox News. Not the comentators but the news reporters. The commentators are a majority on the right but the news itself is pretty much down the middle without the anti-republican spin

Gayle in MD
12-02-2006, 04:17 AM
Hey, ya know the old fable about the blind man, feeling the shape of the elephant? You're posts always remind me of it somehow, lol.

Here's what I think about you're Rather quote...Hillary and Bill WERE a great team. Do you deny that? Stop and think how far they advanced together as a team. I venture to say, that except for perhaps, Elenor and Franklin, this country never had a harder working couple in the White House. Clinton's White House tenure, looks pretty damn good to me, compared to the mess we have now.

As for Fox News, If you think that Fox, is fair and balanced, overall, and that their reporters don't favor the Republicans, you're way way off base, my friend. I could give you plenty of examples of this, but not on the internet...however, the recent exposure of the Internal Memo advising reporters to be on the lookout for positive reactions from terrorists in the wake of a Democratic win recently, is a good example of how they endeavor to spin their reporting of the news in favor of Republicans.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2006/11/14/fox-news-internal-memo-_n_34128.html

Not to mention, they refuse to refer to the Civil War in Iraq, as being what it is, a Civil War. Their phraseology, if taken straight from Republican Talking Points Memos.

I don't think you want a debate on this one....Fox, is a Republican Propaganda channel, period. Just look who's standing in the White House Press Room....

Gayle in Md.

Stretch
12-02-2006, 08:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Hey, ya know the old fable about the blind man, feeling the shape of the elephant? You're posts always remind me of it somehow, lol.

Here's what I think about you're Rather quote...Hillary and Bill WERE a great team. Do you deny that? Stop and think how far they advanced together as a team. I venture to say, that except for perhaps, Elenor and Franklin, this country never had a harder working couple in the White House. Clinton's White House tenure, looks pretty damn good to me, compared to the mess we have now.

As for Fox News, If you think that Fox, is fair and balanced, overall, and that their reporters don't favor the Republicans, you're way way off base, my friend. I could give you plenty of examples of this, but not on the internet...however, the recent exposure of the Internal Memo advising reporters to be on the lookout for positive reactions from terrorists in the wake of a Democratic win recently, is a good example of how they endeavor to spin their reporting of the news in favor of Republicans.

Not to mention, they refuse to refer to the Civil War in Iraq, as being what it is, a Civil War. Their phraseology, if taken straight from Republican Talking Points Memos.

I don't think you want a debate on this one....Fox, is a Republican Propaganda channel, period. Just look who's standing in the White House Press Room....

Gayle in Md.

<hr /></blockquote>

Gayle, the first casualty of war is always truth. St.

Gayle in MD
12-02-2006, 08:56 AM
Honey, you said a mouthful on that one! Bush needs to address the facts, for once, make the appropriate concessions of failure, and cut a deal with Malliki to ask us to leave, and end his on-going fantasy of saving his legacy.

We stayed all those years in Vietnam, another war we didn't ever need to get involved in, 58,000 dead, and for what. Our presence there only made everything worse. We didn't change a damn thing. Another time, when the reasons for going in, were trumped with fear, and the misconception that guns can change ideology.

This time it's even worse. We've created a haven for terrorism, where none previously existed, and there's not a damned thing that CAN be done about it now. It won't make a hill of beans, how long we stay, or how many more of our people die. It's too late. The damage is done, and there is no hope of a successful mission. We don't have enough soldiers, anyway. Iraqis want us out of there. Iran and Syria are blazing a path for more terrorists over the borders, and I'd bet my life that Saudis, are still pouring money into the Terrorists pockets. The so called government is corrupt, and we're financing supporters of terrorism, in one part of the Middle East, calling them "Friends", buying their oil, and turning our heads away from the fact that they, Saudi Arabia, were spending loads of money on terrorist organizations, while Saddam wasn't spending a dollar to support terrorism.

If after 9/11, we had instituted the draft, built up our surplus, and armed forces, spent all the money we've wasted in Iraq, on an emergency effort for energy independence, and strictly gone after bin Laden, and alQaeda with Special Forces, we'd have been a thousand times better off right now. But, a President who holds hands with Saudi Prince's, and has decades old business ties with our true ememies, was the worst thing that could have happened to this country.

I know the Democrats won't impeach Bush, but no President ever deserved impeachment more than this one,.... and Cheney, should have been impeached right along with him.

Neither Gore, or Kerry, would have made the massive mistakes that this bunch of neocons have created. We're just spinning our wheels now, while our troops are being slaughtered. It's disgusting. The number of permanently disabled troops has doubled since last April!!! It only going to get worse. I just hope that Americans will wake up to the fact that their kids are dying for George Bush's bullheaded will to save his legacy, and continue the money flow to our ememies. He's nothing but a traitor.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
12-02-2006, 09:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> Even if we have to pull out of Iraq, we have made millions and our friends have made millions and all our backers are happy, what more do you want. [ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

And that's the whole story right there. Houdini didn't have anything on George Bush!

Gayle in Md.~Looking to buy old school desk to jump under when bin Laden launches his next attack. I'm sure that will save me. That's what they told me all through the fifties and sixties /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Bobbyrx
12-03-2006, 09:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Stretch:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>

Here's what I think about you're Rather quote...Hillary and Bill WERE a great team. Do you deny that? <font color="blue"> YES!! they weren't even a good husband and wife </font color> Stop and think how far they advanced together as a team. <font color="blue"> Team ??? the only time they worked as a team was if it furthered their individual agendas </font color> I venture to say, that except for perhaps, Elenor and Franklin, this country never had a harder working couple in the White House. <font color="blue"> Fortunately Hillary's socialized medicine failed and who elected her in the first place. The point is Rather is supposed to be NON BIASED yet he's foaming at the mouth over B and H in public. </font color>

<font color="blue">Where else exept the fair and balanced Huffington Post can this be found. Anyway if you read Ahmadinejad's recent letter, it's true, they are happy about the election </font color>
Not to mention, they refuse to refer to the Civil War in Iraq, as being what it is, a Civil War. Their phraseology, if taken straight from Republican Talking Points Memos. <font color="blue"> and the entire "civil war" term flap from the dems talking pts </font color>

<font color="blue"> Lets see...a Fox commentator who had a conservative radio show and never hid his political leanings and is well spoken is asked to be press secretary...a good move. However George Stephanopoulos is the Chief Washington Correspondent for ABC News and anchor of ABC's Sunday morning program, "This Week with George Stephanopoulos" not a commentator but a REPORTER. Who was that president when HE stood in front of the White House Press.........??? If a Democrat is elected in 2008 and wants Alan Colmes as press secretary, big deal, he doesn't hide his leanings.
</font color>

Gayle in MD
12-03-2006, 02:04 PM
LMAO, well, atleast one of them WAS elected, when B. and H. were in the White House!

Let's stick to the point, shall we? In order to see where we're going, here, we should first determine our possibilites, so are you saying that we are not in a Civil War in Iraq? Because if that's where you are, in your head, I'll save myself from typing two paragraphs explaining to you the difference between such events as:

The difference between lying while others are dying, and your average run of the mill political BS lies.

Then, I'd have to go into the difference between a great reporter, showing his bias, liking certain political figures, and being friendly, and a right wing pundit radio commentator, who also represent Fox, as White House Correspondant, as both fox, and Snow follow White House directions on how to spin in the propper direction, their us of semantical propaganda, to decieve the American people, while masquerading as fair and balanced, news reporting of the news.

Then we'd have to go into you're failure to notice right wing media lapping up to their own party. Don't both parties have their policy friendly media people? Hey, the Republicans don't have a whole network, helping them skew semantics? Rupert's an independent? Ha ha ha.

BTW, Stephanopoulos, was a press secretary, BEFORE he was a political commentator. Snow, on the other hand, was the White House's favorite FOX Representative Brown Nose....in the White House Press Corp, it was Snow who e-mailed new semantical requirements from Ken Mehlmen, straight to Fox, every morning, even before he was Press Secretary. A daily Crash course, on what to say, and how to put it, straight through to Fox, every day. Fox, you know, that fair and balanced, bi=partisan channel that Dick Cheney has to have blarring when he enters a hotel room?

We'd have to go into the difference between the fall out from a failed health plan, and the fall out of a failing, on-going, unwinnable, bloody masacre, where our President leaves our Military to struggle and be slaughtered, in a Militarily unwinnable war.

I guess, along with everything else you are overlooking, you're forgetting that Colin Powell, along with a number of other Republicans, called this a Civil War, before NBC used the term. In fact, NBC, has, or had, a list of officials they consulted with before determining that term to be the correct term, in spite of Snow, his daily Snowjob, and George Bush's delusions of granduer, and state of denial, over exactly how big a mess he had lied us into, right down to hiding the bodies of our troops.

Gayle in Md.

DickLeonard
12-04-2006, 07:10 AM
Bobbyrz. I don't think that is bias Dan was stating what he thought to be a fact. President Clinton and Hillary's IQs total 400 plus while George and Lauras border in the low 230/240. It is pretty hard to hide stupidity and Dan is smart enuff to see it/know it when he sees it.####

DickLeonard
12-04-2006, 07:37 AM
Gayle what is IT. You knock one down and another takes his place. Gayle in my youth when I caddied at the same CC that Gov Tom Dewey was an Honorary member. Dewey was leading Truman in the polls and to a one, 75 caddies said how can the country elect this Pompous ass.

The next year when the caddie shack was full, everyone was elated that we were smarter than the Polls. How did the country find out what we all knew. That is the same way I feel now how the CCB board knew the pulse of the people and George and Karl didn't. Of course I could add eight or ten from the board but they knew that George and Karl have a seat waiting for them on the Bus out of town.

I think I am back.You can never rest Freedom is to Precious to put on hold. I watched Mr. Smith goes to Washington yesterday just by changing a few of the names. It's 2000 all over again.####

Gayle in MD
12-04-2006, 08:02 AM
Bravo my friend. Been missing you! We need a kiss icon on here!

Love,
gayle

DickLeonard
12-04-2006, 11:10 AM
Gayle about the Kiss Icon you will have to check with the Censors. I am thinking of Calling you Rocky because your starting to remind me of Rocky Marciano. Continious punching to the arms and body, you don't have to worry about hitting them in their head. I was going to write there wasn't anything in their head but I will refrain from that.####

Gayle in MD
12-04-2006, 11:53 AM
LMAO...hey, looks like reality has finally shown its ugly face, in spite of the administration's expensive public relations campaign to replace it with fiction.

From Representative Kucinich

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> Without the cost of the Iraq war the Department of Defense's budget exceeds $400 billion annually. In a period of just two years, from FY2007 through FY2009, the combined DOD and the Iraq war spending could cost our nation over $1 Trillion!

It is a destructive fiscal policy. Worse than destroying itself, our government in choosing destruction is destroying our children's future and the future of our nation. We are borrowing billions from Beijing (with whom we have a $220 billion trade deficit), to fight in Baghdad. How can we control our own future if our driving national purpose is to deprive others of their own future?

The longer term costs of the war reveal a darker nightmare. Nobel Prize winning economist Joseph Stiglitz and Linda Bilmes of the Kennedy School at Harvard University wrote "The Economic Costs of the Iraq War: An Appraisal Three Years After the Beginning of the Conflict" Their study, was released in January of 2006, estimates moderately that the total economic cost of the Iraq war will be $2.239 trillion.

Congress must act now to reclaim its rightful role, to repair the damage and to restore the nation. It must act now because everything about going into Iraq was wrong: Iraq had nothing to do with 911, with al-Queda's role in 911, with the anthrax attacks. Iraq had neither the intention nor the capability of attacking the United States, was not trying to get uranium from Niger and did not have weapons of mass destruction. The United States has no inherent right to initiate violent regime change anywhere, notwithstanding the Administration's national security strategy of unilateralism, preemption and first strike.

This dichotomized thinking of this US vs. THEM, whoever they are, leads to chaos and is always a precursor of war. It is exemplified by a major neocon operative with close ties to the White House, Michael Leeden, as quoted in Vanity Fair: "Leeden repeatedly urged war or destablization not just in Iraq but in Iran, Syria, Lebanon, even Saudi Arabia. 'One can only hope that we turn the region into a cauldron, and faster, please,' he wrote. 'Faster, please' became his mantra, repeated incessantly in his National Review columns." [ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

We've got to get out of Iraq. If Bush continues to dig his heels in, he's going to have the country supporting impeachment, and the world demanding his removal. The gig is up, now there's nothing left but the continued waste of life, limb, and treasure, and the on-going National disgrace over a President, who was obviously, not Presidential material. Never before has a moment of such potential for spreading goodness, expanding world unity, and promoting peace in the world, been so horribly bastardized, and wasted, than when Bush decided to use 9/11, American patriotism, and International sympathy, to forward his own selfish, ill conceived and faulty agenda. I remember, seeing Iranians, holding candles in vigile over our losses on 9/11. How very far down the road of disaster Bush has taken this country, and whether the damage can be reversed, or atleast stopped, remains to be seen. In the meantime, every American should stand and speak, write, e-mail, gather and protest against our present futile self-destruction in Iraq.

Love,
Gayle...aka...Rocky

Bobbyrx
12-05-2006, 03:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Bobbyrz. I don't think that is bias Dan was stating what he thought to be a fact. President Clinton and Hillary's IQs total 400 plus while George and Lauras border in the low 230/240. It is pretty hard to hide stupidity and Dan is smart enuff to see it/know it when he sees it.#### <hr /></blockquote>
<font color="blue">Or if he doesn't then just make it up. The point is he was supposed to be non biased and finally got caught with his liberal pants down and was fired. (That 1970's version of Microsoft Word was really hard to use) And I don't remember the first lady elections. When were they held. I wouldn't like Laura Bush trying to make policy anymore than Hillary. SHE was not elected president. And as for the IQ bit...why don't we just go to MIT to get our leaders every 4 years...who needs elections...John Nash or Howard Hughes would have been great...</font color>

Gayle in MD
12-05-2006, 09:06 PM
Laura Bush...make policy, BWA HA HA HA...she can't do that, she's too busy teaching George how to read! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Gayle in Md.

DickLeonard
12-06-2006, 08:29 AM
Bobbyrx if you can find George's Air National Guard records in any Natinal Data Base good luck. You need 1970 Microhard Version Cause it is hard to find his Service records/arrest records.

When I want any info on GWB I just google the Bush Crime Family. Funny how there is so much info there on a reputable family.####

Bobbyrx
12-06-2006, 03:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Laura Bush...make policy, BWA HA HA HA...she can't do that, she's too busy teaching George how to read! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue"> That's pretty good. Letterman or Leno might want to use that one /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>