PDA

View Full Version : What paint to use on black gold crown pockets

isumba1999
11-30-2006, 08:52 AM
I want my pockets on my gold crown to be gray. They only sell red and black. I bought the black ones and sprayed them with vinyl paint but it is peeling off. Any ideas as to what to try next?

SpiderMan
12-01-2006, 03:41 PM
Black gold? How about "oil" paint?

SpiderMan

Paul_Mon
12-02-2006, 07:14 AM
Being that they are aluminum I would suggest powder coat paint or anodizing, with anodizing being the more robust finish. I doubt that any enamel paint would hold up.

Paul Mon

mattman
12-02-2006, 07:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Paul_Mon:</font><hr> Being that they are aluminum I would suggest powder coat paint or anodizing, with anodizing being the more robust finish. I doubt that any enamel paint would hold up.

Paul Mon <hr /></blockquote>He's talking about the plastic pockets themselves and not the caps on top. Too bad you painted them. I have a set of orginal gray ones that I would have traded you straight across for some black ones. I am getting ready to buy some new replacement pockets from Muellers. Where did you get yours and how much were they?

Matt

isumba1999
12-02-2006, 02:56 PM
I bought mine at Muellers last week and now they are back to black. The paint flaked off and they look like they did when I bought them. I can handle black if I have to I was just trying to get gray. Send me a picture of yours and let me see them. I paid like $7 each I think but will check.

mattman
12-02-2006, 08:44 PM
I looked at mine today and I was wrong, they are black. They are just old (20 years old) and are just beat-up on.

Matt

HALHOULE
03-11-2007, 01:43 PM
black of course

Tony_in_MD
03-11-2007, 08:32 PM
I am also looking for replacement pockets for a Gold Crown II. How do the pockets you got from Muellers fit and look?