PDA

View Full Version : Chat with Allison



jjinfla
12-01-2006, 07:21 PM
That was a nice, informative session. A wonderful lady. And she settled, once and for all, the question of why she didn't play Mike Sigel.

Maybe someone, KT, can set up a grudge match between the two of them. Gerda could be her second while Nick Varner could be Mike's.

It would be nice but I don't see it happening.

Jake

slim
12-02-2006, 09:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> That was a nice, informative session. A wonderful lady. And she settled, once and for all, the question of why she didn't play Mike Sigel.

Maybe someone, KT, can set up a grudge match between the two of them. Gerda could be her second while Nick Varner could be Mike's.

It would be nice but I don't see it happening.

Jake <hr /></blockquote>

Jake I missed it, what did she say, was it the WPBA guidelines or something else.
As far as KT , the credibility issue, a HUGE obstacle.

jjinfla
12-02-2006, 06:05 PM
She said she had the contract, talked to Kevin about some rules, while she was checking with the WPBA to get a waiver the IPT went behind her back and signed LJJ.

Jake

Stretch
12-03-2006, 04:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> She said she had the contract, talked to Kevin about some rules, while she was checking with the WPBA to get a waiver the IPT went behind her back and signed LJJ.

Jake <hr /></blockquote>

LOL, geeze that sounds like Mike got cold feet and insisted he get a woman pro that wouldn't embarrass him to bad. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jjinfla
12-03-2006, 05:41 AM
$125,000 for first place and the opportunity to play in the KOTH puts a lot of pressure on a person.

Better to take the sure win and easy money.

It's not about winning it's... oh wait, yes, it is all about winning, and getting the MONEY.
Jake

slim
12-03-2006, 06:35 AM
You know whats sad, if Allison played and won, that could of done more for pool than the color of money.

It's like the Bobby Riggs and Bille Jean King tennis match heard around the world.

Her own organization going behind her back. Sad but it would of worked out better for the gals if she played and beat the Mouth.

It was an opportunity missed by the WPBA board and someone "REALLY" screwed up by not letting Allie play.

One would of thought the history of the classic match of the sexes in tennis would of given em a clue, guess not.

av84fun
12-04-2006, 10:33 PM
EXACTLY Jake...and I KNEW that for a fact when I posted essentially that information on the AZ forum...at which point, Randy Goldwater went BALLISTIC on me saying that the WPBA actively FORBID her to play...and then FORBID LJJ to play...and then LJJ QUIT the WPBA in order to play...(when in FACT...according to "sjm" and others, LJJ had withdrawn from WPBA tour membership more than two years prior!

Given Randy's (NYC cue dude)ONSLAUGHT directed at me for DARING to contradict him...he must be (at least OUGHT to be) pretty embarrassed now that Allison herself has revealed the TRUTH. Others my guess where my information came from...but it was given to me in confidence at the time and I will NEVER reveal who told me...but those who can't guess, need to turn in their Dick Tracy decoder rings! (-:

Stretch
12-05-2006, 10:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote av84fun:</font><hr> EXACTLY Jake...and I KNEW that for a fact when I posted essentially that information on the AZ forum...at which point, Randy Goldwater went BALLISTIC on me saying that the WPBA actively FORBID her to play...and then FORBID LJJ to play...and then LJJ QUIT the WPBA in order to play...(when in FACT...according to "sjm" and others, LJJ had withdrawn from WPBA tour membership more than two years prior!

Given Randy's (NYC cue dude)ONSLAUGHT directed at me for DARING to contradict him...he must be (at least OUGHT to be) pretty embarrassed now that Allison herself has revealed the TRUTH. Others my guess where my information came from...but it was given to me in confidence at the time and I will NEVER reveal who told me...but those who can't guess, need to turn in their Dick Tracy decoder rings! (-:

<hr /></blockquote>

Vindication is such a sweete drink. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif St.

av84fun
12-05-2006, 11:46 AM
&lt;&lt;Vindication is such a sweete drink. St.&gt;&gt;

It sure is! It was utterly AMAZING to watch a man like Randy Goldwater, who is so well known in the pool community LOSE IT like that over an essentially petty matter.

Oh well. (-:
Regards,
Jim

Rich R.
12-05-2006, 12:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote av84fun:</font><hr> &lt;&lt;Vindication is such a sweete drink. St.&gt;&gt;

It sure is! It was utterly AMAZING to watch a man like Randy Goldwater, who is so well known in the pool community LOSE IT like that over an essentially petty matter.

Oh well. (-:
Regards,
Jim <hr /></blockquote>
It must not have been too petty of a matter. You kind of lost it too, calling one poster's employer and threatening RG with a law suit. I wouldn't exactly call that rational behavior.

av84fun
12-05-2006, 01:09 PM
Rich...I don't want to start that thread all over again and I won't mention any names but regarding the person whose employer I called...
1. That person had been on a vendetta to determine my personal identity and POST it on the forum...including name, address and phone number.
2. In fact, he DID post that information about some guy by the name of Jim Redmond who the poster GUARANTEED everyone was me...but it was not as he now knows.
3. I gave FAIR WARNING for him to stop harassing me and TOLD him that if he wouldn't stop voluntarily, I would inform his employer...to which he replied..."Go ahead little man...call whoever you want." Therefore, not only was I given permission to call, I was DARED to call.

4. Regarding Randy Goldman YES I told him to stop SLANDERING me or I would file suit. The man called me a fraud, a blackmailer, an extortionist a "psychotic" and a man so "dangerous" that he was in fear of his own safetly and that of his 5 year old daughter.
5. And speaking of calling people, he said on the forum that he called his "friends" and the Pentagon and/or the Departments of Defense and Homeland Security TO OBTAIN MY PERSONAL IDENTITY...WHICH HE DID!. Do you have ANY IDEA what he must have told those government officials to get them to release my personal identity to a private citizen???

It is easy for some people...like you...to comment negatively about measures taken BY OTHER PEOPLE to protect their reputations and privacy but how would YOU like it if you were "reported" to the Department of Homeland Security and called a CRIMINAL on a public forum...which is what blackmailers and extortionists are.

With respect to maintaining privacy, I would imagine that if there was a forum rule requiring the posting of true and verifiable personal identity information...including HOME and OFFICE phone numbers, there would be about 2 posters left on the forum...if that many.

But if privacy is not an issue with you, please just post your name, address and phone numbers and then anyone on the forum who wants to chat with you by phone can do so.

I would just suggest that unless things like this happen to YOU, you should not sit in judgment of other people...but of course, I support your right to express you opinion.
Regards,
Jim

jjinfla
12-05-2006, 02:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote slim:</font><hr> You know whats sad, if Allison played and won, that could of done more for pool than the color of money.

It's like the Bobby Riggs and Bille Jean King tennis match heard around the world.

Her own organization going behind her back. Sad but it would of worked out better for the gals if she played and beat the Mouth.

It was an opportunity missed by the WPBA board and someone "REALLY" screwed up by not letting Allie play.

One would of thought the history of the classic match of the sexes in tennis would of given em a clue, guess not. <hr /></blockquote>

Don't blame the WPBA Slim. I am sure that Allison getting a waiver from them was just a formality. My understanding is that all women who play in on the WPBA Tour must get a waiver whenever they play on a non-WPBA tournament.

Jake

Rich R.
12-05-2006, 03:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote av84fun:</font><hr> Rich...I don't want to start that thread all over again and I won't mention any names but regarding the person whose employer I called...<hr /></blockquote>
Jim, for someone who didn't want to start that thread all over again, you made a pretty lengthy post. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

It seems you have missed my point. That thread was one huge pi$$ing contest on that forum and no one involved, including you, was without guilt. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I, for one, would appreciate it if you would leave that entire discussion with the other forum and not bring it hear. Please join in the discussions on this forum, but please leave the trash on the other site.

BTW, welcome to this forum. I hope we didn't get off on the wrong foot, but I would hate to see that thread be rehashed here. Many of the same people are members of both forums and a rehashing can only lead to more hard feelings.

slim
12-05-2006, 04:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote slim:</font><hr> You know whats sad, if Allison played and won, that could of done more for pool than the color of money.

It's like the Bobby Riggs and Bille Jean King tennis match heard around the world.

Her own organization going behind her back. Sad but it would of worked out better for the gals if she played and beat the Mouth.

It was an opportunity missed by the WPBA board and someone "REALLY" screwed up by not letting Allie play.

One would of thought the history of the classic match of the sexes in tennis would of given em a clue, guess not. <hr /></blockquote>

Don't blame the WPBA Slim. I am sure that Allison getting a waiver from them was just a formality. My understanding is that all women who play in on the WPBA Tour must get a waiver whenever they play on a non-WPBA tournament.

Jake <hr /></blockquote>

I know, but an opportunity like this comes along how often. Think of the Buzz if Janette Lee played him? If either gal won, WOW for the whole industry, I'm sure there were allot of politicing going on behind the scenes. Oh well cue ball under the table.

av84fun
12-05-2006, 04:45 PM
Rich...Excuse me but YOU are the one that brougt up the ugliness on the other forum...not me sir.

You wrote: "It must not have been too petty of a matter. You kind of lost it too, calling one poster's employer and threatening RG with a law suit. I wouldn't exactly call that rational behavior."

My post was in RESPONSE to yours.

My ORIGINAL post merely pointed out that according to Allison...who should know...Randy Goldwater's version of what happened was totally incorrect and that he sould be embarrassed about the SCATHING attack he launched on me for daring to disagree with him.

I mentioned NO specifics about that episode....YOU DID. So, my advice to you...with all due respect...is to take your own advice.

Regards,
Jim

Fran Crimi
12-05-2006, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure there were allot of politicing going on behind the scenes. <hr /></blockquote>

Me thinks there's some 'politicing' going on right here, and the name is 'slim.' A little propaganda never hurt no one, eh, slim? /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

All those oohs and aahs and missed opportunity comments lately. Boy, you'd think the WPBA was the worst thing to come along since trans fats.

So tell us, what's on the agenda, eh? What's the plan, slim? Where you headed with all this?


Fran

slim
12-05-2006, 05:56 PM
Hopefully within the next month or two. Change is good, look at Texas Holdum. We have an industry that needs proper tending before "every one" wants in and gets in. Been turning stones for 2 years, my baby is "all inclusive" (industry). I just tire of samo/samo because we have so much more to offer, archery in the olympics instead of billiards, come on.
Billiards probably won't happen in our life time, but I want to give it a good kick while I'm still KICKIN'. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif Keep up your good work.

Rich R.
12-06-2006, 04:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote av84fun:</font><hr> Rich...Excuse me but YOU are the one that brougt up the ugliness on the other forum...not me sir.

<font color="blue"> Jim, your original post, which I responded to, is as follows:</font color>
<font color="red"><blockquote><font class="small">Quote av84fun:</font><hr> &lt;&lt;Vindication is such a sweete drink. St.&gt;&gt;

It sure is! It was utterly AMAZING to watch a man like Randy Goldwater, who is so well known in the pool community LOSE IT like that over an essentially petty matter.

Oh well. (-:
Regards,
Jim <hr /></blockquote></font color>
<font color="blue">As you can see, you indicated that RG lost it. My post, which you quoted below, simply indicated that RG wasn't the only one who lost it.</font color>

You wrote: "It must not have been too petty of a matter. You kind of lost it too, calling one poster's employer and threatening RG with a law suit. I wouldn't exactly call that rational behavior."

My post was in RESPONSE to yours.

<font color="blue">My post, in no way, required such a long and detailed response, concerning the thread from the other forum. </font color>

My ORIGINAL post merely pointed out that according to Allison...who should know...Randy Goldwater's version of what happened was totally incorrect and that he sould be embarrassed about the SCATHING attack he launched on me for daring to disagree with him.

<font color="blue">I only pointed out that a number of people, including you LOST IT, in that thread. However, you seem to be hell bent on proving yourself right concerning Allison. Frankly, that is all old news and I really don't care who was right concerning Allison and the IPT. It no longer matters. After all, as you stated earlier, it is a "petty matter". </font color>

I mentioned NO specifics about that episode....YOU DID. So, my advice to you...with all due respect...is to take your own advice.

<font color="blue"> I only mentioned a few items, without a lot of details, in order to support my statement that RG was not the only one to LOSE IT, in that thread. However, it appears you need to have the last word in any discussion, to prove your self to be right, so go ahead. I'm done. </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

slim
12-06-2006, 06:57 AM
Did the dog get too close to the tree? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Fran Crimi
12-06-2006, 09:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote slim:</font><hr> Hopefully within the next month or two. Change is good, look at Texas Holdum. We have an industry that needs proper tending before "every one" wants in and gets in. Been turning stones for 2 years, my baby is "all inclusive" (industry). I just tire of samo/samo because we have so much more to offer, archery in the olympics instead of billiards, come on.
Billiards probably won't happen in our life time, but I want to give it a good kick while I'm still KICKIN'. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif Keep up your good work. <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks, and well...good for you. Innovators are always welcome in our industry. I like your honesty, too. Don't see enough of that these days.

Fran

av84fun
12-06-2006, 11:20 AM
Rich...

&lt;&lt;My post, in no way, required such a long and detailed response, concerning the thread from the other forum.&gt;&gt;

Excuse me...I am new here. Are you a moderator of this forum? If not, while I respect your right to comment on the length of my posts, I will make the decisions as to their length. And as you should note, my responses were in direct reply to your negative assertions about my initial post.

&lt;&lt;However, you seem to be hell bent on proving yourself right concerning Allison. Frankly, that is all old news and I really don't care who was right concerning Allison and the IPT. It no longer matters. After all, as you stated earlier, it is a "petty matter".&gt;&gt;

I am not "hell bent" on anything sir. This happens to be a DISCUSSION FORUM where opinions are supposed to be expressed...and yes...debated within the context of forum rules. And if it is "old news" why don't you criticize slim and jjinfla for bringing up Allison's remarks about the subject at hand? And in that same regard, Allison's comments on that subject are only a few days old...so this is NOT "old news" it is BRAND NEW news because as far as I know, Allison has never before offered her comments on the matter in public.

&lt;&lt;However, it appears you need to have the last word in any discussion, to prove your self to be right, so go ahead. I'm done. &gt;&gt;

Your being "done" is fine with me. And you seem to feel that the best interest of a discussion forum is to leave INCORRECT statements stand and that is, of course, your decision to make. My decision, on the other hand, is that the subject generated HUNDREDS of posts and therefore, was clearly deemed to be important and that finally arriving at the TRUTH of the matter...from a FIRST HAND source, is what discussion forums are all about.

Possibly, you don't think that the TRUTH should be "the last word" on a topic...but I do.
Regards,
Jim

Qtec
12-06-2006, 08:20 PM
You said.
[ QUOTE ]
Rich...Excuse me but YOU are the one that brougt up the ugliness on the other forum...not me sir <hr /></blockquote>

How it went down. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
JJ said,
[ QUOTE ]
She said she had the contract, talked to Kevin about some rules, while she was checking with the WPBA to get a waiver the IPT went behind her back and signed LJJ.

Jake <hr /></blockquote>
Your reply.
[ QUOTE ]
EXACTLY Jake...and I KNEW that for a fact when I posted essentially that information on the AZ forum...at which point, Randy Goldwater went BALLISTIC ..... <hr /></blockquote>

Rich didn't bring up the thread on AZ, you did.

Qtec..............Bad-A-Boom /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

jjinfla
12-07-2006, 06:35 AM
Here is the exact conversation:

jjinfla: Were you offered the opportunity to play Mike Sigel?
allison: Yes I was. I had the contract and while talking over a couple of rules with Kevin and then asking the WPBA for a waiver Loree Jon was signed up behind my back. My personal feeling is the Mike was scared to play me. He needed to win to be King of the Hill for the first IPT event where he was guaranteed another $100,000. He admitted he didn't want to play me after the fact.

Jake

This sounds like a challenge to me. Mike can't just let this go now can he? He has to step up to the plate and get KT to promote a match between these two champions.

eg8r
12-07-2006, 07:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
3. I gave FAIR WARNING for him to stop harassing me and TOLD him that if he wouldn't stop voluntarily, I would inform his employer...to which he replied..."Go ahead little man...call whoever you want." Therefore, not only was I given permission to call, I was DARED to call. <hr /></blockquote> You both acted like little children. You were "dared", isn't that grade school "speak"?

It sure did not take long to ignore both of you pretty quickly over there. I just hope you don't carry the same attitude over here.

eg8r

av84fun
12-07-2006, 12:00 PM
eg8r...&lt;&lt;You both acted like little children. You were "dared", isn't that grade school "speak"?&gt;&gt;

Yes, I totally agree. I think the last time I dared someone was in the 6th grade. But please note...I DID NOT DARE HIM....HE DARED ME. I am sure that in all fairness, you would not be critical of anyone who RECEIVED a dare from someone else. How can anyone control what others say to them?

You say that we "both" acted like children and of course I support your right to that opinion. But forgetting about the debate over securities-related matters...which were FAIR GAME becuase of the purported Initial Public Offering the IPT was supposedly planning...where the thread turned ugly was when THE OTHER poster went on a vendetta to disclose my personal identity and contact information...and DID post that information, including HOME phone numbers...but about the WRONG man. But then he made it clear that he would continue to search for my identity and would post it when he did.

I objected to that practice...STRENUOUSLY...because it is both a violation of forum rules and was ILLEGAL. It is called HARASSMENT and FALSE LIGHT INVASION OF PRIVACY.

Before you sit in judgment of me for doing whatever was necessary to prevent that...please just post your own personal contact information, including full name, HOME and office addresses and phone numbers. And then be sure NOT to complain if someone calls your cell phone to lodge personal threats.....I DID NOT AND WOULD NOT DO SUCH A THING...BUT RATHER IT WAS DONE TO ME...WHICH IS WHY I DIDN'T WANT THE CONTACT INFORMATION PUBLISHED!!!

Until you do that, I think your criticisms of me are pretty empty.

Regards,
Jim

av84fun
12-07-2006, 12:23 PM
Qtec...&lt;&lt;Rich didn't bring up the thread on AZ, you did.&gt;&gt;

Please read the thread more carefully. I didn't suggest that Rich brought up the AZ thread...I stated that he brought up the "ugliness" on the thread...the substance of which has already been commented on here so doesn't require repeating.

You may feel that stating that someone went "ballistic" is an "ugly" remark. In modern slang usage, that means according the Webster "becoming very angry or irrational."

Please note that means very angry OR irrational...not necessarily both and it is CERTAINLY not "ugly" to state the FACT that Randy Goldwater became very angry. Even "failing to act in a reasonable manner" (irrational) is not "ugly" in the context of the discussion. What was UGLY was doing and saying what was done and said to me.

That is what I meant and there is nothing in the thread that suggests that I wrote that Rich brought up the AZ forum...in general.

Regards,
Jim

Qtec
12-07-2006, 12:42 PM
You can twist this any way you want but the fact remains, you are the one who said,
[ QUOTE ]
AZ forum...at which point, Randy Goldwater ...................... Given Randy's (NYC cue dude)ONSLAUGHT <hr /></blockquote>

You gave his real name and his forum name !
I,m pretty sure the most of the guys here never knew anything about your saga with RG.
You brought it up.
Without YOUR input, I wouldn't be posting this reply.
IMO it was bvios, MS HAD to be KOTH. A match with A was all show.

Q........in the words of Eminem.
"It's over, let go,
................ nobody listens to Techno.".

av84fun
12-07-2006, 01:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> You can twist this any way you want but the fact remains, you are the one who said,
&lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
AZ forum...at which point, Randy Goldwater ...................... Given Randy's (NYC cue dude)ONSLAUGHT <hr /></blockquote>

You gave his real name and his forum name !
I,m pretty sure the most of the guys here never knew anything about your saga with RG.
You brought it up.
Without YOUR input, I wouldn't be posting this reply.
IMO it was bvios, MS HAD to be KOTH. A match with A was all show.

Q........in the words of Eminem.
"It's over, let go,
................ nobody listens to Techno.". <hr /></blockquote>

Qtec...&lt;&lt;You can twist this any way you want but the fact remains, you are the one who said,&gt;&gt;

When you make a point, you make a point, in your opinion. But when I make one, I am "twisting" things ROFLMAO! (-:

Randy Goldwater is known all over the pool community and has even suggested MANY times on the fourm that people should read articles about him published in various media. So, he first disclosed his own NAME...long ago...not me.

But gee Ctec...I didn't notice him posting his home address, office address and phone numbers....HAVE YOU noticed that?

Of course, I brought up the comments on AZ forum...never said I didn't in spite of your misreading my post. I brought up the comments on that forum because that is where they were posted.

It is now OBVIOUS that Randy was wrong on a subject directly related to the pool world and therefore, a discussion of that FACT seems entirely appropriate on a billiard discussion forum...especially one sponsored by Billiards Digest which has courageously published articles on the entire KT/IPT saga.

You seem to have a problem with Randy being shown wrong...and that's OK. You can have a problem with whatever you want.

But, at the end of the day, I think that it is the TRUTH that belongs on public forums...don't you...regardless of who might be right or wrong??

&lt;&lt;IMO it was bvios, MS HAD to be KOTH. A match with A was all show.&gt;&gt;

I don't understand your above point and don't know what it has to do with this thread. What is your point re: a match will Allison being "all show?" What was the match with LJJ??? When you state that MS HAD to be KOTH...do you mean that he intentionally chose a player who could not possibly beat him....or what?

Regards,
Jim

Qtec
12-07-2006, 02:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote av84fun:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> You can twist this any way you want but the fact remains, you are the one who said,
&lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
AZ forum...at which point, Randy Goldwater ...................... Given Randy's (NYC cue dude)ONSLAUGHT <hr /></blockquote>

You gave his real name and his forum name !
I,m pretty sure the most of the guys here never knew anything about your saga with RG.
You brought it up.
Without YOUR input, I wouldn't be posting this reply.
IMO it was obvious, MS HAD to be KOTH. A match with A was all show.

Q........in the words of Eminem.
"It's over, let go,
................ nobody listens to Techno.". <hr /></blockquote>

Qtec...&lt;&lt;You can twist this any way you want but the fact remains, you are the one who said,&gt;&gt;

When you make a point, you make a point, in your opinion. But when I make one, I am "twisting" things ROFLMAO! (-:

<font color="blue"> I,m not making a point, I,m stating a fact! </font color>

Randy Goldwater is known all over the pool community and has even suggested MANY times on the fourm that people should read articles about him published in various media. So, he first disclosed his own NAME...long ago...not me.
<font color="blue"> So what? YOU are the one who made reference to him in your post. </font color>

But gee Ctec...I didn't notice him posting his home address, office address and phone numbers....HAVE YOU noticed that? <font color="blue"> Why should he? I don't. Do you? </font color>

Of course, I brought up the comments on AZ forum...never said I didn't in spite of your misreading my post. I brought up the comments on that forum because that is where they were posted.

It is now OBVIOUS that Randy was wrong on a subject directly related to the pool world and therefore, a discussion of that FACT seems entirely appropriate on a billiard discussion forum...especially one sponsored by Billiards Digest which has courageously published articles on the entire KT/IPT saga.

You seem to have a problem with Randy being shown wrong...and that's OK. You can have a problem with whatever you want. <font color="blue"> Whether you are wrong or right has NOTHING to do with YOU bringing this up in this forum!</font color>
At the end of the day, I think that it is the TRUTH that belongs on public forums...don't you...regardless of who might be right or wrong??

&lt;&lt;IMO it was bvios, MS HAD to be KOTH. A match with A was all show.&gt;&gt;

I don't understand your above point and don't know what it has to do with this thread. What is your point re: a match will Allison being "all show?" What was the match with LJJ??? When you state that MS HAD to be KOTH...do you mean that he intentionally chose a player who could not possibly beat him....or what?

Regards,
Jim

<hr /></blockquote>

Mike HAD to be KOTH. Do you think KT who set up a tour for his pal was going to set him up with someone who would actually try and was capable of beating him?
Doesn't sound like KT to me.

Q

av84fun
12-07-2006, 05:37 PM
Cutec...OK, you now seem to be arguing just for the sake of arguing..

&lt;&lt;I,m not making a point, I,m stating a fact! &gt;&gt;

Don't you typically use facts...at least what you THINK are facts to make a point??? LOL

I wrote:

&lt;&lt;Randy Goldwater is known all over the pool community and has even suggested MANY times on the fourm that people should read articles about him published in various media. So, he first disclosed his own NAME...long ago...not me.&gt;&gt;

You Wrote:

&lt;&lt;So what? YOU are the one who made reference to him in your post.&gt;&gt;

So what??? Don't you recall making note of the fact that I used his name on the forum? I was just stating the FACT, that his name was already widely known at his own request!

So what difference does it make that I used his name?? Why did you write: "YOU are the one who make reference to him in your post." In response to that, my question is...So what?

I wrote: &lt;&lt;But gee Ctec...I didn't notice him posting his home address, office address and phone numbers....HAVE YOU noticed that?&gt;&gt;

You Wrote:

&lt;&lt;Why should he? I don't. Do you?&gt;&gt;

You seem very intelligent so I can only assume that you are intentionally electing not to acknowldege the obvious. The whole POINT...and the FACT of the matter is that my problem with both Randy Goldwater and the other poster in question was engaging in extraordinary measures to determine my personl identity.

By engaging in this debate with me you SEEM to take a "so what" attitude with respect to that. Therefore, I asked if you had seen Randy post HIS personal information.

To which you ask..."Why should he." Well, OBVIOUSLY there are NO good reasons why he should and EVERY good reason why he would and should be upset if someone published that information against his will.

You seem to have NO care or concern or empathy whatsoever, that such public disclosure of personal ID information HAPPENED TO ME and that Randy and another poster ANNOUNCED that they were bound and determined to avail themselves of that information.

Have you ever been asked SECURITY questions that include your home address and/or phone number? That is SERIOUS stuff.

You don't seem to care beans about that sort of disclosure happening to ME...but I am quite sure you would care A LOT if it happened to YOU...so you have pretty well established that common fairness means little to you...which is an attitude that of course, you have a right to.

&lt;&lt; Whether you are wrong or right has NOTHING to do with YOU bringing this up in this forum!&gt;&gt;

Well, of course, it has EVERYTHING to do with bringing it up on this forum. FIRST, the Fisher/Sigel matter is pool-related wouldn't you agree?

Secondly, OTHER posters started the discussion of what ACTUALLY happened regarding that matter...not me...and all I did was to remind people that Randy Goldwater is totally wrong and quite arrogantly so.

As you know perfectly well, "credibility" is an IMPORTANT issue on forums such as these and many forums actually use "ratings" or "rep" points to keep track of such things.

I see nothing wrong with point out when it appears CLEAR that another poster was wrong on a topic of HUGE interest to the pool community. You seem to feel no contraints whatsoever, about posting your views that you think I am wrong.

I wrote:

&lt;&lt;At the end of the day, I think that it is the TRUTH that belongs on public forums...don't you...regardless of who might be right or wrong??&gt;&gt;

You avoided answering that. I would be interested in your reply.

I wrote:

&lt;&lt;When you state that MS HAD to be KOTH...do you mean that he intentionally chose a player who could not possibly beat him....or what?&gt;&gt;

I would also be interested in your views on that as well.
Regards,
Jim

av84fun
12-08-2006, 12:22 AM
Cuetec...re: my last question, I missed your comment on that matter near the end of your last post in which you stated..
&lt;&lt;Mike HAD to be KOTH. Do you think KT who set up a tour for his pal was going to set him up with someone who would actually try and was capable of beating him?
Doesn't sound like KT to me.&gt;&gt;

So, your view is that MS/KT "ducked" Allison. Interesting. That is essentially what Allison said in her on-line chat session...that she didn't think MS wanted to play her.

That was what I suggested on the AZ forum and again, Randy Goldwater RIPPED me for having such an opinion.

But the good news is that at least you and I agree on that one thing.

That's a start. I hope there are more things we agree on over time.

Regards,
Jim

Qtec
12-08-2006, 05:38 AM
Lets forget the who said what first issue, its not important.

As for M ducking Allison? IMO that match was never going to happen.

Q

eg8r
12-08-2006, 08:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How can anyone control what others say to them?
<hr /></blockquote> All you can control is your actions, in this case they were out of control.

[ QUOTE ]
You say that we "both" acted like children and of course I support your right to that opinion. But forgetting about the debate over securities-related matters...which were FAIR GAME becuase of the purported Initial Public Offering the IPT was supposedly planning...where the thread turned ugly was when THE OTHER poster went on a vendetta to disclose my personal identity and contact information...and DID post that information, including HOME phone numbers...but about the WRONG man. But then he made it clear that he would continue to search for my identity and would post it when he did.
<hr /></blockquote> I get it, you are NEVER at fault.

[ QUOTE ]
Until you do that, I think your criticisms of me are pretty empty. <hr /></blockquote> If they were pretty empty then you would not have replied, or you just like to "hear" yourself "speak".

eg8r

eg8r
12-08-2006, 08:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Please read the thread more carefully. I didn't suggest that Rich brought up the AZ thread...I stated that he brought up the "ugliness" on the thread...the substance of which has already been commented on here so doesn't require repeating. <hr /></blockquote> Actually what was happening is that you were bringing it up hoping the "other guy" would not have a voice. Rich was just keeping you honest. What has happened since is you trying to defend the position that you are always right and are never the problem.

eg8r

eg8r
12-08-2006, 08:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But the good news is that at least you and I agree on that one thing.

That's a start. I hope there are more things we agree on over time. <hr /></blockquote> If you believe George W. Bush is personally responsible for everything wrong going on in the entire universe, then the two of you might grow to be really "close". /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Just kidding.

eg8r

av84fun
12-08-2006, 12:36 PM
eg8r...&lt;&lt;I get it, you are NEVER at fault.&gt;&gt; and
&lt;&lt;What has happened since is you trying to defend the position that you are always right and are never the problem.&gt;&gt;


Well sir or madame, when I post a factual rebuttal to one of your comments, you say that I am "twisting" things around
and when I suggest that my actions were appropriate in a GIVEN situation, you suggest that I think I am NEVER at fault.

I think that the reasonable observer will recognize the lack of fairness and the exremeist nature of your "debating style."

Unless you have specific FACT-BASED issues to discuss, I think the thread between you and I has run its course.

Regards,
Jim

av84fun
12-08-2006, 12:42 PM
Qtec...&lt;&lt;Lets forget the who said what first issue, its not important.&gt;&gt;

Fine...agreed.