PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to DCC?

hondo
12-04-2006, 12:18 PM
I'll be there Jan. 5th & 6th. Anybody else?
I'm planning on spending some time in the AZBILLIARDS
room.

Deeman3
12-04-2006, 02:20 PM
I'll be there from January until the bitter (if last year holds up) end....

DeeMan

Bob_Jewett
12-04-2006, 03:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> I'll be there Jan. 5th &amp; 6th. Anybody else?
room. <hr /></blockquote>
I'll be there from the evening of the 6th to the morning of the 12th giving money away. Join me in the Chapel.

BillPorter
12-04-2006, 04:04 PM
Off and on through the tournament. For sure the night of the 5th and the nights of the 11th and 12th.

ceebee
12-05-2006, 06:24 PM
I'll be there at the DCC too, not sure what the dates are, but I'll be there. I'm looking forward to seeing some old friends &amp; making some new ones.

jjinfla
12-06-2006, 06:55 AM
A few weeks back I read an article in the paper that Louisville went smoke free. Will smoking be allowed at DCC?

Deeman3
12-06-2006, 07:04 AM
Last year we had to step out the door to smoke. It was not a lot of trouble except when the cold wind was blowing!!!

DeeMan

Bob_Jewett
12-06-2006, 11:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> A few weeks back I read an article in the paper that Louisville went smoke free. Will smoking be allowed at DCC? <hr /></blockquote>
In 2005, there was nominally no smoking in the tournament rooms, but the smoke was so thick in the hallway that there was considerable cross-contamination. In 2006, I think smoking was restricted to the bar (and outside) and the atmosphere was considerably improved. I imagine that 2007 will be like 2006.

RUNaRAK
12-06-2006, 12:08 PM
I'll be there to particpate in the banks division. Will be leaving on Sunday, some time.
I cannot wait, it is my favorite pool trip of the year. Yippeeee!

Ace
12-06-2006, 03:20 PM
I'll be there, donating to the cause. P.S. - Get Em DEEMAN!

Scott Lee
12-07-2006, 12:39 AM
I'm playing in the banks too, Joe! See you there!

Scott Lee

jjinfla
12-07-2006, 06:19 AM
Will the WPBA give a waiver to their players this year?

Jake

John in NH
12-07-2006, 10:30 AM
Hi all,

Wouldn't miss it, my favorite event of the year.

I'll be hanging around the AZ room, stop in to say hello, looking forward to meeting you.

I'll be the old guy.

Regards,

John /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

hondo
12-07-2006, 10:48 AM
I'll be the good looking guy.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote John in NH:</font><hr> Hi all,

Wouldn't miss it, my favorite event of the year.

I'll be hanging around the AZ room, stop in to say hello, looking forward to meeting you.

I'll be the old guy.

Regards,

John /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Deeman3
12-08-2006, 02:00 PM
If so, I paid our entry in DCC today. Let me know who else will be traveling with you. No one else is going from my barn....except DeeWoman...

DeeMan

av84fun
12-08-2006, 02:16 PM
It is now the law in Louisville (I'm not sure if it is a state law too) that no smoking is allowed in public buildings except in space that is dedicated to serving alcohal so there is smoking permitted in the small "bar" at the Executive Inn.

I have a REALLY hard time in smoking environments but had ZERO trouble at DCC last year.

Interestingly, the law is going to cover ALL establishments including saloons starting in July, 2007 EXCEPT...funny enough...at Churchill Downs AND A TOBACCO MANUFACTURING PLANT! lol

From a local newspaper...

"Louisville’s new smoking ban takes effect in July. It prohibits smoking in every building in Jefferson County except for homes, Churchill Downs’ facilities and a tobacco manufacturing plant."

(-:

12-10-2006, 08:52 AM
Thought I was the old guy, John, but you're welcome to the mantel if you want it. I'll be there when the 1-P competition starts. GF

John in NH
12-11-2006, 03:20 PM
Hi GF,

Good luck in the 1 pocket event, who knows we may draw each other, that would be fun, we can compare notes afterwards.

Regards,

John /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cstepro348
12-21-2006, 01:17 PM
Okay, guys, I live 20 minutes from Louisville, I don't want to put up $150 entry fee, cause i'm simply not ready for that, can a person go up there and shoot without being in a tourny?

Deeman3
12-21-2006, 02:26 PM
You can shoot all you want. However, most of the shooting is for $$$$$ unless you are just spending time at a dollar a whack practicing. I remember they have a few mini-tournaments on bar boxes across the street at the other hotel if you are interested, maybe like $10 or so entry fees.

DeeMan

Cornerman
12-22-2006, 08:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bob_Jewett:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> I'll be there Jan. 5th &amp; 6th. Anybody else?
room. <hr /></blockquote>
I'll be there from the evening of the 6th to the morning of the 12th giving money away. Join me in the Chapel. <hr /></blockquote>You're in the chapel this year, huh? I think that's a good thing.

Fred

Bob_Jewett
12-22-2006, 04:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cornerman:</font><hr> ... You're in the chapel this year, huh? I think that's a good thing.

Fred <hr /></blockquote>
Yup. And the 3-C will be in the Drinkwater Room, which is also an improvement over last year when it was across the street.