PDA

View Full Version : The obsessive posts rage on

Fran Crimi
12-07-2006, 05:36 PM
.....and on and on and on and on. Doesn't ANYONE see the total dysfunction of it all????

Holy crap.

Chopstick
12-08-2006, 08:35 AM
I do. Obsessive is the correct word for it.

hondo
12-08-2006, 10:23 AM
Dear Fran, could you make a list of topics appropriate
for discussion on here.
I promise to strictly adhere to your list.
I am very easy to get along with.
Love, Hondo

wolfdancer
12-08-2006, 11:15 AM
I do now !!

cushioncrawler
12-08-2006, 04:41 PM
Hi Fran. I wonder about function. I suppose that Posterists are rarely influenced by other Posterists, and that posting and posting about the same thread rarely changes any other Posterist's mind. But i suppose that postings can (do) influence the silent majority, ie the Readerists.

Me, myself, i like all of these threads and (opposing) posterings, for 2 reasons. Firstly, i am probably more fixed and opinionated than just about anybody -- BUT -- i can see that every cloud (even dubya) has a silver lining -- ie, that its an ill wind (or war) that blows nobody good.

But, secondly, mainly, every poster here acts like an editor -- it saves me myself trolling stupid sites that are slow to download -- even if i knew where to look.

Saw a good usa show a couple of weeks ago -- about a study about how polarised most usa counties are, nowadays -- voting-wise. Twoznt so in the oldendays -- it was more bi-partisan -- dems and republican politicians actually had a beer together after a hard day voting. And, this study had a close look at how groups and committees functioned nowadays -- it appears that the minority (or the weakority) was bullied into agreeing on allmost anything -- and then groups formed supergroups (more bullying) -- presto, a polarised county. Bullying is now highly organised and controlled -- if it keeps going this way, we will have a winner-takes-all sort of system.

Not sure if this helps answer this thread.
madMac.

S0Noma
12-09-2006, 09:03 AM
Perhaps the true dysfunction lies in the eye of the beholder?

Contrary to some opinions, forum followers are NOT forced to read everything that's posted here.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/cultureshock/flashpoints/theater/images/clockwork_big.jpg

May I suggest that you ignore the posts and posters that disturb you and only respond to the ones that catch and hold your interest?

I do and it works for me.

Gayle in MD
12-09-2006, 10:14 AM
Well said, friend. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

wolfdancer
12-09-2006, 10:52 AM
Obsessive is replacing hate as the new buzz word here. Problem is I'm not sure what defines obsessive here, citing something from the media...like Gayle's post today about Senator Gordon Smith's letter....or quoting anything that reflects badly on the admin? Maybe it's politics in general?
It might help if there was a list of approved topics (and the approved slant) that were deemed worthy by the de facto censorship committee.
I even hesitated to write this, and it's really good news concerning Mr. Bush.
Tests have now proved that Princess Diana's driver was drunk when the fatal accident occurred, and that should exonerate George. I still hold him accountable though for the weather

eg8r
12-09-2006, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
May I suggest that you ignore the posts and posters that disturb you and only respond to the ones that catch and hold your interest? <hr /></blockquote> She cannot accept your suggestions as she is obsessed with trying to control the board. She is never wrong and should never be called the "bad guy" and you are only childish if you are not her making a post. Hopefully this is just a phase she will someday grow out of. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Till then, we will just have to read or ignore her incessant posts trying to tell everyone else how to exercise their right to free speech.

So, how about PlameGate, when are we going to hear about all the Reps going to jail for all the crimes based on facts those members on this board seem to "know"? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

CarolNYC
12-10-2006, 09:11 AM
Hi Ed,
I enjoyed the pm chats with you /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif And the offer is still there should you decide to fly in /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
And as Albert Einstein said,
"
Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty, there must be spirit of tolerance ..............."

Carol~lives and lets live! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

eg8r
12-10-2006, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the post Carol it makes a lot of sense. One day I will have to take you up on the offer. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Qtec
12-10-2006, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Ed,
I enjoyed the pm chats with you And the offer is still there should you decide to fly in
<hr /></blockquote>

Do you realise that Ed's wife could be reading this? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

We don't want to know your intimate details

[ Ed PM me! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif] LOL

, so take it down a level people!

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
12-10-2006, 08:10 PM
You are right, my wife would not approve. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Especially because the offer involves motorcycles. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

eg8r

CarolNYC
12-11-2006, 04:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
We don't want to know your intimate details
<hr /></blockquote>
ROFL-now thsts funny!
Believe me its quite innocent-I have the utmost respect for Ed&amp;his family-they are welcome,too!
Stay well,"Q"!

Carol~could see how that looked alittle fugazzy /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif