PDA

View Full Version : Last Day & Repub Do-Nothings Try 4 Raise!!!

Gayle in MD
12-08-2006, 08:10 AM
http://www.cnn.com/POLITICS/blogs/politicalticker/2006/12/dem-leaders-hope-to-block.html

Yep, folks, the enablers of our present disasterous quagmire, want a raise!!! Dems are trying to block it. Good for the Dems! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
12-09-2006, 05:20 PM
Oh the Dems have such caring hearts. Makes you want to throw up. They are only proving they have no intentions of being bi-partisan either. Is this any surprise? Basically their goal is to continue to try and shift blame when they are an equal part of they problem.

If they Dems really cared, why did we not see 1 single one of them give back a single cent when Bush enacted his tax break. They were totally against it, however they willingly accepted it.

eg8r <~~~does not believe anyone on Capitol Hill deserves a raise.

Gayle in MD
12-09-2006, 05:46 PM
Daniel Akaka (D-HI)
Jeff Bingaman (D-NM)
Barbara Boxer (D-CA)
Robert Byrd (D-WV)
Lincoln Chafee (R-RI)
Kent Conrad (D-ND)
Jon Corzine (D-NJ)
Mark Dayton (D-MN)
Richard Durbin (D-IL)
Russell Feingold (D-WI)
Robert Graham (D-FL)
Daniel Inouye (D-HI)
James Jeffords (I-VT)
Edward Kennedy (D-MA)
Patrick Leahy (D-VT)
Carl Levin (D-MI)
Barbara Mikulski (D-MD)
Patty Murray (D-WA)
Jack Reed (D-RI)
Paul Sarbanes (D-MD)
Debbie Stabenow (D-MI)
Paul Wellstone (D-MN)
Ron Wyden (D-OR)

All voted against the Iraq War, as did the majority of Democrats http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2002/roll455.xml
.....No need for shifting blame. The blame lies firmly at the foot of the Republican Party, which robustly voted for the worst American Foreign Policy Failure In Our History.

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2002/roll455.xml

Republicans broke it, Republicans own it.

Final Vote...

Yeas Nays PRES NV
Republican 215 6 2
Democratic 81 126 1
Independent 1
TOTALS 296 133 3

I have also composed a list of Bush's lies, but it's too long to post here.....

wolfdancer
12-09-2006, 08:32 PM
As George senior said about his indictable sons "you can't blame the boys for trying to make a little money"

DickLeonard
12-11-2006, 08:37 AM
Eg8r you have to read "Whats wrong with Kansas" to understand the tax break and who it benefited. Their undying stupidity in placing their faith in the Republican Party. Voting nearly 80% for George Bush while his tax plan enriched the rich of which Kansas has very few while he reduced the Student Aid for College Students for which they have many. Thereby insuring that Kansas will remain on the bottom of the heap. But keep the Wheat coming.####

DickLeonard
12-11-2006, 08:42 AM
Gayle if your going to post his lies why not turn it into a book####

Gayle in MD
12-11-2006, 08:49 AM
I guess you must have forgotten, Dick, Eg, can't read. He does selective reading, IOW, spins the facts to suit his partisan brain.

Anyone who can't see the difference between bus drivers fleeing the location of the worst natural disaster to ever hit our country, and Bush being so disconnected to the people, that he doesn't even bother keeping track of what is happening, and then not bothering to follow up on aid to those who were dying, add to that, the failure of his own appointees to live up to their job descriptions, and his neglect of outrageous corruption of the funding process on a Federal Level, again, by his own appointees, suffice to say, eg should be working for Fox News. He has their same non mentality, mentality, denial!

Gayle in Md.

DickLeonard
12-11-2006, 08:52 AM
Wolfdancer when George Bush didn't pardon Martha Stewart for lying about insider trading, I knew he was a spineless jellyfish. His insider trading was totally criminal, he got away with it because the people who investigated it were appointed by Daddy and white washed it.

Then to let those GIs languish in the stockade for torturing prisoners when all along it was being done in secret. Is another no baller.####

DickLeonard
12-11-2006, 08:55 AM
Gayle I wonder what is going to happen to K street now.? Plenty of Lobbyist with nothing to do.####

Gayle in MD
12-11-2006, 08:56 AM
Dick,
Other authors have already written countless books exposing his lies and incompetence. We just have to accept that approximately 27% of Americans, hate what they view as "Liberals" so damn much, they'd rather see the whole country go down the tubes, than to accept reality, even if it means our youth will continue to be slaughtered in an ill conceived, effort which only strengthens our threatening enemies, and weakens our country.

Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

eg8r
12-11-2006, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wolfdancer when George Bush didn't pardon Martha Stewart for lying about insider trading <hr /></blockquote> You are right, the President of the US really needs to be following Martha Stewart around and picking up her trash for her.

eg8r

DickLeonard
12-12-2006, 07:10 AM
Eg8r to refresh everyone memory George sold his free stock in Harkin Oil for $800,000. One month before that company went belly up costing stockholders 150 million dollars.

He was the Senior Executive of that company and by law was suppose to eat that stock. Selling it was insider trading. Eight months later he filed with the SEC that he had sold that stock another bending of the law. That was supposed to filed within thirty days.

The people who Investigated the charges were appointed by his Father who never asked him did he have inside information that Harkin was going under. If they did he would have been arrested for Insider Trading and we wouldn't have the Idiot in the White House. I know you think he is The Second Coming of Christ.####

eg8r
12-12-2006, 01:38 PM
A lot of hot air from you that pertains to nothing. Why would I expect anything else. Martha deserved her jail time and it really does not matter one bit whether or not W got away with it or not. She did the crime she did the the crime.

One day you will face the fact that people need to accept a bit of personal responsibility for their actions instead of trying to point fingers at others.

eg8r

S0Noma
12-12-2006, 02:01 PM
eg8r,

I think Dick agrees with you. With the exception of the fact that he feels that both offenders needed to be punished for their crimes or both pardoned for their crimes. It is his opinion that one escaped justice due to his family's wealth and political clout while the other paid the full price. It is the disparity in how our laws are applied that's at issue here.

Would you agree that no one should be above the law but that the law is not always applied equally?
Ps. I didn't agree with his use of the term 'spineless jellyfish'. To the best of my knowledge ALL jellyfish are spineless. Although some of them do have little poky parts that can sting the hell out of you. In either case, the term was redundant.

Gayle in MD
12-12-2006, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> and it really does not matter one bit whether or not W got away with it or not. She did the crime she did the the crime.
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

Really? Do tell, why it does not matter that Bush broke the law, and got away with it?

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
12-12-2006, 07:43 PM
I think that every negative post about GWB is taken as a personal affront by Ed, and others here. There's much more questionable events to the Harken story though in the time preceding GW's timely and fortuitous sale.
On another topic, they railed here, when some of us questioned the research veto by the Pres. In today's paper , a 6 yr old here is given a chance, just a chance, to survive a rare genetic disorder, incurable normally, that causes blindness and paralysis, before death. Doctor's transplanted stem cells from aborted fetuses, since Bush has limited funding of of embryonic stem cells research, over moral objections...as did Reagan. Clinton removed that ban, as I'm sure the next President will do, after he tears up GWB's veto, and mails him the pieces, postage due.
HEC is trading at $.54.on AMEX...or it would be a pink sheet candidate. Gee, you would think a history major at the helm of an oil exploration company...how could that not be a success?

DickLeonard
12-13-2006, 06:50 AM
Wolfdancer I'd love to know what Major League Baseball knew that the rest fo the Country didn't. How could someone who couldn't run Major League Baseball run this Country? ####

Gayle in MD
12-13-2006, 07:35 AM
I remember during the first, and second elections, PBS ran documentaries of both candidates, histories of each man, growing up, college, young adulthood, what they were involved in, and where they had put their minds and hearts, and how they had fared. There was no comparison, both times, between Bush and Gore, and between Bush and Kerry. Bush paled in the comparison. Both times, I recall thinking...how did this man, Bush, ever get near to even being considered for the office of the President. Both times, I thought, Americans will see through this imposter, they won't vote this phoney into office, just because his daddy was president!!! Just because he's rich!!!

"Never under estimate the poor taste of the American Public."

My Dad used to tell me that all the time when I was growing up...he was right.

Those who would prefer our young people to continue to die, rather than accept their own poor judgement in voting for this schmuck in the first place, are not dealing with a full deck, as far as I'm concerned. And, anyone who could possibly buy into George Bush's revised theory, after the WMD fiasco, that toppling Saddam, would be a reasonable beginning to a safer America, or the demise of terrorism, has no concept of reality.

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
12-13-2006, 09:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Really? Do tell, why it does not matter that Bush broke the law, and got away with it?
<hr /></blockquote> Yes really. The subject is Martha Stewart. She broke the law and she paid for it. What W does has no bearing on Martha Stewart. Geesh, why are you so confused?

eg8r

eg8r
12-13-2006, 09:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think Dick agrees with you. With the exception of the fact that he feels that both offenders needed to be punished for their crimes or both pardoned for their crimes. It is his opinion that one escaped justice due to his family's wealth and political clout while the other paid the full price. It is the disparity in how our laws are applied that's at issue here.

Would you agree that no one should be above the law but that the law is not always applied equally? <hr /></blockquote> Yes I totally agree. What I took exception to was when Dick said he was disgusted that Bush did not give her a pardon. If you really believe all should be held to the same level, why you would want the guy that got away with it to give a pardon to the next person trying it. Bush had no business even thinking about giving her a pardon and it is ridiculous to think he should have.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
12-13-2006, 07:06 PM
It does in this post! Surely you understand the dry subtle joke in Dick's post, and don't really think that he was discussing a president, spying on Martha's business dealings...that still doesn't address your opinion of the fact that Georgie boy, did the same damn thing, and never even went to court?????

So, what say you, oh mighty neocon????
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
G.

Bobbyrx
12-13-2006, 09:32 PM
speaking of pardons

web page (http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pardonchartlst.htm)

eg8r
12-14-2006, 06:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It does in this post! Surely you understand the dry subtle joke in Dick's post, and don't really think that he was discussing a president, spying on Martha's business dealings... <hr /></blockquote> Man, when you miss a point you really miss the point.

[ QUOTE ]
that still doesn't address your opinion of the fact that Georgie boy, did the same damn thing, and never even went to court????? <hr /></blockquote> That has already been addressed but you are too thick headed to accept it. Also, this has nothing to do with W going beyond the scope of his job to free Martha.

eg8r

pooltchr
12-14-2006, 06:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bobbyrx:</font><hr> speaking of pardons

web page (http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pardonchartlst.htm) <hr /></blockquote>

That's quite an impressive list!n I particularly like the ones that are just blanket pardons. Unfortunately, I expect a similar list to come together in a year or so. It is the way of Washington politics.
Steve
Steve

Gayle in MD
12-14-2006, 07:44 AM
OIC...refuse to address the subject of George Bush's Corporate law breaking? Your usual selective reading? Or should I say, non reading? The obvious subject of Dick's post was not Martha Stewart, or a pardon from Bush, that part was supposed to be a JOKE....the underlying issues in Dick's post, was obviously George Bush's law breaking...and that while Martha went to jail, Bush's daddy got him off.

No comment, huh?? Figures...

Gayle in Md.

DickLeonard
12-14-2006, 07:56 AM
Eg8r If Geoge couldn't see Katrina I wouldn't expect him to see Martha.####

S0Noma
12-14-2006, 08:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> I Bush paled in the comparison. Both times, I recall thinking...how did this man, Bush, ever get near to even being considered for the office of the President. Both times, I thought, Americans will see through this imposter, they won't vote this phoney into office, just because his daddy was president!!! Just because he's rich!!!

<hr /></blockquote>

Gayle,

I'm beginning to get the idea that you don't care for this man. You certainly aren't hiding your light under a bushel when it comes to Bush.

pooltchr
12-14-2006, 08:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote S0Noma:</font><hr>
Gayle,

I'm beginning to get the idea that you don't care for this man. You certainly aren't hiding your light under a bushel when it comes to Bush. <hr /></blockquote>

Will someone pass the popcorn? This one's going to be good!
Steve

Gayle in MD
12-14-2006, 09:26 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif No, I don't like him, nor do I like his policies. We're in a mess, our kids are being slaughtered in a civil war, every single day, which has been documented as unwinnable militarily, and he can't make up his mind what to do, and says, don't rush me? OMG!!! What nerve!

He won't budge, IMO, regardless of how much reality he has to deny. His intention is to leave this mess in the lap of the next president, leave our people in a slaughter, so he can then blame the next president for not staying HIS (failed) course, when the next president has to pull our people out of this on-going slaughter, which Bush created, with his failures in both judgment, and performance.

He really makes me ill, at this point. I'm convinced he is a mentally unstable egomaniac.

Not only am I not hiding my light under a bushel, friend, this afternoon, I will be with friends, painting impeachment banners. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Article I

George W. Bush, in his conduct of the Office of the President of the United States, has abused his power by violating the constitutional rights of citizens, impairing the due and proper administration of justice and the conduct of lawful inquiries, contravening the laws governing agencies of the executive branch, and failing to take care that the laws were faithfully executed by directing or authorizing the National Security Agency and various other agencies within the intelligence community to conduct electronic surveillance outside of the statutes Congress has prescribed as the exclusive means for such surveillance, and to use such information for purposes unknown but unrelated to any lawful program of electronic surveillance from Congress, the press, and the public. Wherefore George W. Bush, by such conduct, warrants impeachment and trial, and removal from office.

Article II
The impeachment of George W. Bush, President of the United States, is warranted by his initiation and continuation of the Iraq war. The initiation and continuation of the war constitutes a high crime and misdemeanor and is illegal as well. In undertaking that war, George W. Bush violated his oath of office and constitutional obligation that the laws be faithfully executed.
George W. Bush has subverted the Constitution, its guarantee of a republican form of government, and the constitutional separation of powers by undermining the rightful authority of Congress to declare war, oversee foreign affairs, and make appropriations. He did so by justifying the war with false and misleading statements and deceived the people of the United States as well as Congress. He denied the electorate the right to make an informed choice and thereby undermined democracy.
George W. Bush also committed fraud against the United States by lying to and intentionally misleading Congress about the reasons for the Iraq war.
George W. Bush acted contrary to his trust as president, and subverted the constitutional government to the prejudice of law and justice and the manifest injury of the people of the United States. Wherefore George W. Bush, by such conduct, warrants impeachment and trial, and removal of office.

Article III
George W. Bush, in his conduct of the Office of the President of the United States, has abused his power by violating the constitutional and international rights of citizens and non-citizens by arbitrarily detaining them indefinitely inside and outside of the United States, without due process, without charges, and with limited -- if any -- access to counsel or courts.
George W. Bush has abused his power and failed to faithfully execute the laws of the United States by allowing his administration to condone torture, failing to investigate and prosecute high-level officials responsible for torture, and officially refusing to accept the binding nature of a statutory ban on cruel, inhuman, or degrading treatment or punishment.
George W. Bush has offended our system of government by attempting to expand his power at the expense of the other two branches of government. Wherefore George W. Bush, by such conduct, warrants impeachment and trial, and removal from office.

Article IV
George W. Bush, in his conduct of the Office of the President of the United States, in violation of his constitutional oath to faithfully execute the Office of the President of the United States and, to the best of his ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, and in violation of his constitutional duty to take care that the laws by faithfully executed, has arrogated excessive power to the executive branch in violation of basic constitutional principles of the separation of powers.
This conduct has included one or more of the following:
He has violated federal law by conducting surveillance of U.S. citizens on U.S. soil without a judicial warrant, as is required by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA), which was specifically enacted to check executive power.
He has engaged in mass detentions both in and outside of the United States without permitting any judicial review of such detentions.
He has formally declared his intent to violate the laws enacted by Congress by appending a "signing statement" to legislation that asserts his right to carve out exceptions to legislation as he sees fit, thereby arrogating to himself legislative powers reserved solely to Congress.
In all of this, George W. Bush has acted in a manner contrary to his trust as president and subversive of constitutional government, to the great prejudice of the cause of law and justice and to the manifest injury of the people of the United States. Wherefore George W. Bush, by such conduct, warrants impeachment and trial, and removal from office.

Bobbyrx
12-14-2006, 10:08 AM
bloviate \BLOH-vee-ayt\, intransitive verb:
To speak or write at length in a pompous or boastful manner.

Bobbyrx
12-14-2006, 11:46 AM
As to the original post, I agree, and hope the Dems do block the pay raise. They all make more than they should anyway. However, the Repubs didn't ask for this yearly increase, they are just not voting against it....and this yearly increase is from a 1989 law passed by both houses of the Senate which at that time was controlled by............The Dems.

Gayle in MD
12-14-2006, 12:16 PM
OIC, O'Reilly? Figures... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
12-14-2006, 12:20 PM
However you need to spin it, /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Sid_Vicious
12-14-2006, 02:44 PM
As a collective group, the Repubs aren't asking for the raise?, but they aren't voting against it? Is there any righteousness from these statements? If the Dems as a collective group are openly against the raise, then I find them commendable and the Repubs reprehensible with that dodgeball, "We didn't ask for it routine." Get real, the Repubs are snakes...sid

pooltchr
12-14-2006, 07:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> As a collective group, the Repubs aren't asking for the raise?, but they aren't voting against it? Is there any righteousness from these statements? If the Dems as a collective group are openly against the raise, then I find them commendable and the Repubs reprehensible with that dodgeball, "We didn't ask for it routine." Get real, the Repubs are snakes...sid <hr /></blockquote>

Your post has the word "if" in there quite a bit. Does anyone think enough Dems are going to vote against a raise for themselves to block it? My bet is there are enough on both sides of the aisle that are more than willing to do what is necessary to put more of our money in their pockets. Why single out the Reps? They're ALL snakes!
Steve

eg8r
12-15-2006, 10:16 AM
Yeah Gayle, don't let the facts get in the way of your spin.

eg8r

eg8r
12-15-2006, 10:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
OIC...refuse to address the subject of George Bush's Corporate law breaking? <hr /></blockquote> You don't see anything, how could you, you head is in the sand. I am not refusing to discuss the law breaking, start a thread about it. That is not the subject here.

eg8r

Bobbyrx
12-15-2006, 04:56 PM
No, I hope none of them get a pay raise....I just think it's funny that the Democrats want to add an anti-pay raise provision to a bill calling for an annual federal employee pay raise .....that they created in the first place.