PDA

View Full Version : Impeachment Protests Heating Up???

Gayle in MD
12-08-2006, 08:24 AM
Looks like things are picking up some steam on Impeachment demands...maybe this will make George a bit more willing to listen???
http://www.cnn.com/POLITICS/blogs/politicalticker/2006/12/flurry-of-weekend-events-nationwide-to.html
Gayle in Md.

hondo
12-08-2006, 10:12 AM
I against it. Instead of all that distraction,
let's try to get some good things accomplished.
All that energy and time wasted.

Sid_Vicious
12-08-2006, 11:30 AM
You mean like Bill Clinton and the shutdown of his governing, all due to an act which did not kill anyone???sid

Gayle in MD
12-08-2006, 11:36 AM
Unless he continues to let this slaughter go on without sending proper equipment for our troops, I would forego impeachment. However, if it continues to get worse, and he continues to "Stay The Course" Impeachment may be the only reasonable solution, as a last resort.

What is the solution for a president who will finally admit disaster, but refuses to change policy for realistic solutions? Putting our people with Iraqi forces, in advisory positions, without close back up, is insane, IMO.

His abuse of power, and breaking of the law, however, should be address in some manner, regardless, IMO. Nothing is more precious to a civilized society, than our laws.

If you found that he was spying on his critics, for example, without any reason than to launch trouble of some kind against them, would you think impeachment was in order? Just wondering, not being critical of your point of view.

Gayle in Md.

Rich R.
12-08-2006, 11:46 AM
I'm not sure about how it all works, but, if GWB gets impeached, and subsequently removed from office, doesn't Cheney take command? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
I'm not sure if both of them can be taken out at the same time.
I'm not sure that would be a good thing. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Rich R.
12-08-2006, 11:50 AM
Also, everyone has to remember, "impeachment" doesn't remove a president from office. That is a seperate act that is done after the impeachment.

Gayle in MD
12-08-2006, 11:50 AM
I feel your pain, friend. I think at this point, I'm much more concerned with wasted lives, than anything else!

Only 9% of Americans, now think there is any hope for victory in Iraq. The lowest for Vietnam, was 7%. Bush's approval rating is now lower than 30%

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061208/ap_on_re_us/iraq_ap_poll

If he reconstitutes his arrogant condescending style while professing and instructing that we ignorant Americans, who don't, according to him, "Understand the risks" Risks which he has created with failed policies, and we continue to see a loosing battle over there, lives being wasted, and ruined, then I would be all for impeachment. It's always a matter of the lessor of two evils, right? Bog the country down with impeachment, or allow a loose cannon like Bush, to continue on a path to failure, regardless of how many of our troops are slaughtered, for no reasonable form of eventual Victory, in a course of action, that is throwing gas on the fire? I know what my choice would be!

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
12-08-2006, 11:56 AM
I'm not sure, either, Rich, but if such proceedings were to commence, I am sure that Cheney would be under the axe right along with Bush. However, unless conditions reveal more disasters, or law breaking, or abuse of power, or dangerous forms of denial, than have been uncovered to date, I am sure that Democrats, would not go for impeachment. Other dior issues, and intentionally hidden facts, would have to rise to the surface. That's my take, anyway.

Gayle in Md.

Sid_Vicious
12-08-2006, 12:46 PM
"Bog the country down with impeachment, or allow a loose cannon like Bush"

Sooner his power is removed, the better, no matter what happens IMO...sid

Gayle in MD
12-08-2006, 01:13 PM
Well, he isn't looking very like a man who is reconsidering ANYTHING at the present!! And, the Baker suggestions, don't seem to be having any noticable impact, not that they were all that ground breaking. If you read their entire report, it isn't at all encouraging, yet he's still out there throwing out demands on Syria and Iran, before he is willing to even talk to them, as suggested by the bi-partisan report, like he is in any position to be throwing out ultimatums!

My take so far??? He is still firmly planted in his state of denial. He won't change anything at all, and we will eventually see another hasty exit, reminiscent of Vietnam.

Many say, the Baker points, were obsolete, before the report ever broke daylight, that conditions on the ground had deterriorated way beyond circumstances the Baker panel could, or would, address. The only function I can think of that the report has served, is to buy Bush more time, throw the suggestion of coming change, and possibility of Bush coming to terms with reality, into the fray, before Republicans face the elections. Nine months, to determine what most of us knew already? while our people are dying? Makes me furious! The only function it served, IMO, was to insist that George stop lying to us, and how long could that last, given his inability to tell the truth. He'll be right back out there with his semantic fictional language, talking points, sans arrogance, in no time, IMO.

"And when the tortoise and the scorpian were going down for the last time, that tortoise asked, "Just tell me, before we both drown, why did you do it?"

And the Scorpion answered, "I couldn't help my self, it's my nature."

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
12-08-2006, 02:51 PM
A dual impeachment:double jeopardy?....that should make the Guiness Records books....right up there with Takeru Kobayashi's awesome feats.
(The end result is the same)
Also from Yahoo News, a new new AP poll shows Americans are getting off, on Bush.
""Support is continuing to erode and there's no particular reason to think it can be turned back," said John Mueller, an Ohio State University political scientist and author of "War, Presidents and Public Opinion." Mueller said that once people "drop off the bandwagon, it's unlikely they'll say, 'I'm for it again.' Once they're off, they're off."

web page (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061208/ap_on_re_us/iraq_ap_poll)