PDA

View Full Version : WOW ! What a night ! (Slightly Pool Related)

Gayle in MD
12-08-2006, 08:37 AM
But mostly, just all about lil' ol' me, lol...played a sandbagger, left my eight ball access ball in the pocket, to block his 3 balls, for which I played a carom safety to lock them up on the top rail, , then a table length rail first combo to send my third to the last ball before the eight straight back up table into the corner, next a two inch apart long shot off the rail to same corner, then took my duck, and damn. CB rolled too far, oops, no problemo, banked the eight, though it wasn't a perfect set up, with a touch of side english, cross table...hey, best part was my opponent's hands were shaking on his last turn, lol...

Sorry, just had to brag a bit!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Deeman3
12-08-2006, 09:02 AM
Congratulations! My wife, who I have made the large mistake of aggreeing to teach this game over the past three or four years, has some really nice shotmaking skills. However, as bright as she is, strategic position costs her most of the games she plays in the small tournaments I rob around here.

She says, "You don't tell me, in words I can understand, how to play strategy and position."

This frustrates me to no end. I now need a sixth language to describe position and strategy to my wife!

Anyway, I am happy to hear you won based on strategic thinking and execution under pressure, that will make any opponent sweat.

DeeMan

Gayle in MD
12-08-2006, 09:10 AM
Thanks Dee...I owe it all to my pool mentors...could hear my friend who moved..."One shot at a time, Gayle, and Don't be afraid of the banks." And Chris Cass, he was there too, saying.."Gayle, if you're not sure of the damn shot, play a safe!"

What made it so much fun was that we all know this guy is a sandbagger, and went into the match in first place, and their team was our only threat. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif Pool Gods will probably make me pay for bragging like this next week in the playoffs! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

SpiderMan
12-08-2006, 10:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> This frustrates me to no end. I now need a sixth language to describe position and strategy to my wife!DeeMan <hr /></blockquote>
I thought the Kama Sutra was already translated /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If not, look at the pictures /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan

hondo
12-08-2006, 10:18 AM
Wow! Politically aware and plays strategic pool also!
What a woman! I bet you can cook,too.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> But mostly, just all about lil' ol' me, lol...played a sandbagger, left my eight ball access ball in the pocket, to block his 3 balls, for which I played a carom safety to lock them up on the top rail, , then a table length rail first combo to send my third to the last ball before the eight straight back up table into the corner, next a two inch apart long shot off the rail to same corner, then took my duck, and damn. CB rolled too far, oops, no problemo, banked the eight, though it wasn't a perfect set up, with a touch of side english, cross table...hey, best part was my opponent's hands were shaking on his last turn, lol...

Sorry, just had to brag a bit!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Gayle in MD
12-08-2006, 12:01 PM
LOL...well, not to brag, but...I'm no stranger in the kitchen...funny, Jim always jokes and says, how could a man find a better wife, when this woman would rather cook, than shop, lol...I hate to shop!!!

/ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif