PDA

View Full Version : Next season, on Two a Days...

sack316
12-09-2006, 09:59 PM
I realize most of us on this board aren't really the MTV watching crowd, but I'm sure several football fans have watched the reality show following the Hoover Bucs and their players.

Well I'm proud to say that my Prattville Lions finally dethroned the mighty Bucs by completely owning them in the 6A state football championship! Football in Alabama is a huge thing (as made evident by the 30,000 plus people in attendance at Legion Field today).

I recall going to Hoover in high school for baseball and track, and for the most part it is full of rich and spoiled kids (the student parking section was full of BMW's and SUV's etc.). Families relocate there simply to have their kids be able to play football in that program, which has owned Football in this state for several years. I, for one, and so happy to see them finally fall... and most importantly fall to my old school.

I can't wait for that episode to air in the next season, and see what is said and what reactions come of it.

It's a big day in little Prattville today. En route to our first football state title since 1984, the streets were practically empty today. Several businesses were closed down (or at least what's left out of the dying breed of small, local owned businesses). Locals ordered thousands of mardi gras beads with football helmets in the team colors.

As the time approached for the team busses to return home to Stanley Jensen Stadium, police have roads downdown already blocked off and prepared for a happy team to return home to a town full of fans ready to celebrate along side a group of kids who played their hearts out for the last several months.

Go Prattville!

I'm off to graceland tomorrow, have a great weekend everyone!

Sack

Bobbyrx
12-09-2006, 11:50 PM
Congrats to the Lions.....being a Homewood Patriot I also cannot wait for the final episode in season 2....Rush Propst will finally get his.....DING !!!

Rich R.
12-10-2006, 06:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sack316:</font><hr>I'm off to graceland tomorrow, have a great weekend everyone!<hr /></blockquote>
Say hello to "E" for me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Have a great weekend yourself.