PDA

View Full Version : New side show/video for you to check out

BillPorter
12-10-2006, 07:30 AM
Steve Booth from OnePocket.org asked me to put together a little slide show/video from photos that were taken at the last One Pocket Hall of Fame Dinner. He sent along a .wav file with the audio from the event. I used some of the photos and about 3 minutes of the 81 minute audio file to create a slide show for YouTube. Steve may also embed the show on his website.

Here’s the link to the YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20xZ1qYNZGE

When I listened to the audio from the dinner, the thought I had again and again was, “Man, I wish I had been there!” It was a very well done event with everything from laughter to tears. I hope I captured the flavor of the evening with my slide show. Steve told me that reservations are still available for the 2007 dinner to be held Tuesday, January 9, 2007 in the Label Room at the Executive Inn Hotel. The doors will open at 6PM with a cash bar on the premises, and a rare display of One Pocket memorabilia, including tournament posters, photos, trophies and more. Dinner will be served at about 7PM, followed by the induction presentations.
This year’s One Pocket inductees are:

* Melvin ‘Strawberry’ Brooks
* John ‘Rags’ Fitzpatrick (posthumous)
* Hayden Lingo (posthumous)

In addition, three new inductees will be inducted into the Bank Pool Hall of Fame:
* Vernon Elliott
* Javanley ‘Youngblood’ Washington
* John ‘Cannonball’ Chapman (posthumous)

Anyone who loves one-pocket, bank pool, and the great players of these two games should give some thought to attending next year’s dinner. (Yep, I’m a shameless pimp for the HOF dinner! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif)

Sid_Vicious
12-10-2006, 10:02 AM
Thanks Bill...sid

wolfdancer
12-10-2006, 10:21 AM
Bill, that was just great !!!
you keep outdoing yourself with the photos/vids.
Thanks again, enjoyed that!!!

BillPorter
12-10-2006, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the compliment....since I don't get paid for this stuff, I have to live on praise. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif (My wife said she would rather I get paid!) /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif