PDA

View Full Version : Video pool tutorials on the internet

gregplus
12-10-2006, 04:27 PM
Any?????

Thanks /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jt10ball
12-10-2006, 05:23 PM
I just got some up today and I hope to add more in the near future, www.JoeTucker.net (http://www.JoeTucker.net) click on the video school button and there's some more on the preview page of the site but those are mostly product instructions and demonstrations.

dr_dave
12-10-2006, 06:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote gregplus:</font><hr> Any?????

Thanks /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Illustrated Principles of Pool and Billiards (http://www.engr.colostate.edu/~dga/pool/normal_videos/index.html)

Others can be found here (http://www.engr.colostate.edu/~dga/pool/videos/index.html).

Happy viewing,
Dr. Dave

dr_dave
12-11-2006, 09:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jt10ball:</font><hr> I just got some up today and I hope to add more in the near future, www.JoeTucker.net (http://www.JoeTucker.net) click on the video school button and there's some more on the preview page of the site but those are mostly product instructions and demonstrations.<hr /></blockquote>
I couldn't view the videos on my PC. I have the latest Internet Explorer, and I updated my Quicktime viewer. Is there a trick to viewing these on a PC?

Thanks,
Dave

jt10ball
12-11-2006, 02:43 PM
Hi Dave, Seems you're not alone, some can, some can't and I'm not sure why. On my pc I usually get the quicktime symbol for 30-60 seconds (which can seem like an eternity now a days) then the player pops in, screen turns black and then I have to hit the play button to get them started.
If anyone else has problems I would appreciate details on the experience so I can pass them along to the webmaster.

Thanks
Joe T

dr_dave
12-11-2006, 02:49 PM
I would recommend WMV or MPG files so most of the world (PC users) can view the files without installing special software (e.g., Quicktime viewer for MOV files). I bet your webmaster is a Mac person.

Please let us know when and how the videos can be viewed. I would like to see and link to them.

Thanks,
Dave

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jt10ball:</font><hr> Hi Dave, Seems you're not alone, some can, some can't and I'm not sure why. On my pc I usually get the quicktime symbol for 30-60 seconds (which can seem like an eternity now a days) then the player pops in, screen turns black and then I have to hit the play button to get them started.
If anyone else has problems I would appreciate details on the experience so I can pass them along to the webmaster.

Thanks
Joe T <hr /></blockquote>

gregplus
12-11-2006, 07:55 PM
I think that you guys need Flash9
Im on Linux and not sure what you need for Windows.

wolfdancer
12-11-2006, 11:23 PM
Worked fine with Firefox/broadband cable/...
Thanks for the videos!!!!

dr_dave
12-12-2006, 08:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote gregplus:</font><hr> I think that you guys need Flash9
Im on Linux and not sure what you need for Windows.<hr /></blockquote>
I updated Quicktime, Flash, Firefox, and IE ... Still no luck. I get audio, but no video.

Dave

wolfdancer
12-12-2006, 10:34 AM
Dr. D...I had to set Firefox to "allow" something?...before that I also did not get video/audio. The only other thing I can think of, preventing the video...is your screen resolution settings? mine are 1024 x 768.
Or maybe it's your anti-virus software?
There was one time I went to the site, and the audio worked but not the video...I clicked on the blank screen ...and then the video worked ( I'm non-tech, so none of these may help you)
The videos are very clear on my screen...hope you can get them to work for you.

dr_dave
12-12-2006, 11:13 AM
I get the following error message:

"Quick Time is missing software required to perform this operation. Unfortunately, it is not available on the Quick Time server."

I get this error with Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Has anybody else seen this and/or know how to fix it?

Dave

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Dr. D...I had to set Firefox to "allow" something?...before that I also did not get video/audio. The only other thing I can think of, preventing the video...is your screen resolution settings? mine are 1024 x 768.
Or maybe it's your anti-virus software?
There was one time I went to the site, and the audio worked but not the video...I clicked on the blank screen ...and then the video worked ( I'm non-tech, so none of these may help you)
The videos are very clear on my screen...hope you can get them to work for you. <hr /></blockquote>

dr_dave
12-12-2006, 12:08 PM
Joe,

I finally got the videos to play on my PC. I reinstalled the QuickTime player (from www.apple.com/quicktime/win.html); (http://www.apple.com/quicktime/win.html);) and when I installed it, I selected it as the default player for Flash under the miscellaneous MIME type options (I'm not sure if this was required or not). Now video appears with the audio.

Very nice job with the videos! FYI, I've added a link to my list of instructional video websites (http://www.engr.colostate.edu/~dga/pool/videos/index.html).

Keep up the good work,
Dave

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jt10ball:</font><hr> Hi Dave, Seems you're not alone, some can, some can't and I'm not sure why. On my pc I usually get the quicktime symbol for 30-60 seconds (which can seem like an eternity now a days) then the player pops in, screen turns black and then I have to hit the play button to get them started.

Thanks
Joe T <hr /></blockquote>

wolfdancer
12-12-2006, 01:08 PM
We knew you could do it....eventually /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
thanks for posting the fix, I'll save that in a file. I remember that I did have some problems with quicktime, quite awhile back.....and don't know how the issue got resolved.

dr_dave
12-12-2006, 02:12 PM
Wolfdancer,

It sounds like you're becoming quite the computer expert now. Thanks for the moral support.

Catch you later,
Dave

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> We knew you could do it....eventually /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
thanks for posting the fix, I'll save that in a file. I remember that I did have some problems with quicktime, quite awhile back.....and don't know how the issue got resolved. <hr /></blockquote>

bluey2king
12-14-2006, 09:58 AM
Try "Forcefollow" on youtube.com
collin C also has some good stuff. As does Dr.Dave as seen above.

jt10ball
12-16-2006, 07:25 PM
Hi Guys,
Thanks for the replies and sorry for the lack of my response but the videos went up Sunday and my computer crashed Tuesday morning and I've been off line all week.

Could I get some people to check out this possible new format http://joetucker.net/videoschool.html and let me know how it works and what you think before I finalize it.
Dave thanks for the link, I'll be sure to return the favor once we get our link page up.

Joe T

gregplus
12-17-2006, 01:54 AM
The old was better because we can ZOOOM picture.

Just put on the site instructions what people need to be able to watch... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dr_dave
12-18-2006, 01:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jt10ball:</font><hr> Hi Guys,
Thanks for the replies and sorry for the lack of my response but the videos went up Sunday and my computer crashed Tuesday morning and I've been off line all week.

Could I get some people to check out this possible new format http://joetucker.net/videoschool.html and let me know how it works and what you think before I finalize it.
Dave thanks for the link, I'll be sure to return the favor once we get our link page up.

Joe T<hr /></blockquote>
I think with webpage design (and with most things in life), simpler is better; so in that regard, I think the new design looks better. However, the video frame looks smaller than in the previous version. That's bad.

Regards,
Dave