PDA

View Full Version : why does my leage play suck????

canadan
12-12-2006, 10:07 PM
Okey I play in a league on the bar boxes. 5 man team 3 of the five are ranked in the top 7. I'm in the bottom 20 out of about 100 players. BUT when I play any of my team members for money ($20) race to 9 or 11 I take there money every time. Could it be the bar tables, big cue balls, my luck. My teamates think it might be that I over think my runs most of the time I lip off a pocket right at the end or over roll my shape. I try to slow my CB speed but then I dont get a good bounce off a rail or fall way to short

pooltchr
12-13-2006, 05:20 AM
Some players put more pressure on themselves during league play. The idea that your team is counting on you, and watching closely. It's a different kind of pressure than you face in a money match where you are the only one with a vested interest in the outcome. Just try to focus on the shot at hand and clear your head of any outside distractions.
Steve

canadan
12-13-2006, 05:06 PM
will do let you know how i do tonight

Sid_Vicious
12-13-2006, 05:40 PM
Money games...you can buy another chance if you lose with more money. League, once the set is done with a guy, you're done with him as well. Several of the daily gamblers used to play in league over the years, and about all have been beaten during league by far less players, beating themselves in reality, BUT let them drag you to a money match afterwards, they sharpen their teeth quickly. Lots different pressure away from league for $$$ as long as you have lots of bullets...sid

Stretch
12-13-2006, 08:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> Money games...you can buy another chance if you lose with more money. League, once the set is done with a guy, you're done with him as well. Several of the daily gamblers used to play in league over the years, and about all have been beaten during league by far less players, beating themselves in reality, BUT let them drag you to a money match afterwards, they sharpen their teeth quickly. Lots different pressure away from league for $$$ as long as you have lots of bullets...sid <hr /></blockquote>

I agree Sid, gambling is a whole other animal. In order to keep my game edge for leagues and tournaments i really can't be thinking about anything. I can do this while gambling only in amounts i would throw away anyways.......and i don't throw money arround lol. A gambler will always find your pressure point and use it against you or shark you in a number of subtle ways that usually don't factor into the league scene with so many other people watching (and judgeing your conduct). Money players seldom do well in Tournaments, they eventually get bored with it and then get ousted. St.

canadan
12-13-2006, 10:17 PM
wow the little advice might of helped for the the first time this season i got a 40. 10 points a win plus 4 rounds. as a team we won 4 out of 5 rounds might just of put us in first.

cuetangclan
12-16-2006, 04:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Okey I play in a league on the bar boxes. 5 man team 3 of the five are ranked in the top 7. I'm in the bottom 20 out of about 100 players. BUT when I play any of my team members for money ($20) race to 9 or 11 I take there money every time. Could it be the bar tables, big cue balls, my luck. My teamates think it might be that I over think my runs most of the time I lip off a pocket right at the end or over roll my shape. I try to slow my CB speed but then I dont get a good bounce off a rail or fall way to short <hr /></blockquote>

I think an answer to your problem is in your question. If you start to falter again, work yourself up and put money on the frames in your mind. I was the reverse of you, played pretty well in my local league and horendously at anything else. The only way I got better was telling my self before each frame it was the one that was going to win my team the night.

TCIndepMo
12-17-2006, 06:12 PM
Maybe because you can't even spell the word?

canadan
12-17-2006, 08:24 PM
nice to see that there's still smrt people left in this world

canadan
12-18-2006, 09:41 AM
so this time before leage I sat down and spelt leage like this (league) 10 times before my match. 40 again wow this stuff works good thing I can get great advice. Thanks again

Stretch
12-18-2006, 10:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote canadan:</font><hr> so this time before leage I sat down and spelt leage like this (league) 10 times before my match. 40 again wow this stuff works good thing I can get great advice. Thanks again <hr /></blockquote>

league league league league league league league league league league. WHEW! I'm ready now for good things to happen /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Metro league tonight. Can't take any chances. St.

Billy_Bob
12-18-2006, 10:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote canadan:</font><hr> so this time before leage I sat down and spelt leage like this (league) 10 times before my match. 40 again wow this stuff works good thing I can get great advice. Thanks again <hr /></blockquote>

Actually I'm not the one to be correcting anyone's grammar or spelling. (I was by far not an "A" student when I was younger.)

However there might be a connection with how people write and how they play pool.

I have a friend who does not take the time to write properly and he also does not take time to think about his shots before shooting on the pool table. He is young in his 20's.

I am older and try to spell everything as best I can. I copy and paste my messages in Word to see if there are any spelling errors, etc. Also I take time before shooting to think about what I am doing. Where will the cue ball go after this shot?, etc. I'll walk down to the end of the table and be sure the ball I am about to shoot can make it into the pocket and "those other balls" are not in the way slightly, etc.

So maybe I have more patience with older age or I am more careful to be sure things are done right? I don't know. Anyway something to think about.

wolfdancer
12-18-2006, 10:54 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif