PDA

View Full Version : Women Players

griffith_d
07-19-2002, 06:02 AM
I have liked this forum ever since joining. I am proud to notice so many women posting on here and that they are enjoying the sport.

Pool has taken such a beating in the past as a sleazy, smokefilled, backroom bar filled with a bunch of drinking, cussing old men that the sport was frowned upon and anyone who played was a "bad seed".

Without women getting involved and "cleaning" it up, it might have never got in the spotlight it has today.

Thanks,
Griff

Karatemom
07-19-2002, 06:07 AM
I would like to think that women have brought a certain kind of "class" to the sport. However, not all the men, or women for that matter, are bad seeds. The problem is that the "bad seeds" are what the public focuses on. You never hear about the good things or people, only the bad. I believe that if the nastiness of the game wasn't put under a microscope like it is, then this sport might be up there with tennis. JMHO

Heide ~ proud to be a pool player

griffith_d
07-19-2002, 06:14 AM
I agree,..people tend to look at bad and not the good. The media has a lot to do with that. It seems that the "bad" sells more so it is pointed out more.

Thanks for your comments,
Griff

Doctor_D
07-19-2002, 06:29 AM
Good morning:

Thank-you, for you kind sentiments and for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I for one do appreciate it very much.

/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Dr. D.

cheesemouse
07-19-2002, 06:38 AM
Having cut my teeth in pool hall where the only women was the cook it took me a while make the transition to the Lady players of now a days but I love it and think the woman are the future of the game. Talk about a level playing field; pool is where it's at. Can't wait for a lady to wolf me into a game and kick my a$$. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif