PDA

View Full Version : Deangelos Cues and Nevada Cues

bobpool
12-15-2006, 08:04 AM
I am looking for some basic house cues in the $50 range. These two brands are sold on E-bay (exclusively?) by what appears to be two different sellers. They claim to be hand inlaid sticks and if you believe the descriptions they appear to be decent sticks for the price. I can not find any reference to these sticks on the internet, which makes me nervous. Also, because the two different sellers appear to be selling the same cues, based on the pictures, I am assuming that these are production cues of some type. I don't know whether that is good or bad for the price. Does any one know anything about these cues? Are they worth the $50-$70 price?

cueball1950
12-15-2006, 09:42 AM
i believe that deangelo cues are made in the philippines and sold here.....................mike

BillPorter
12-15-2006, 10:25 AM
I bought two of them from "vegasbilliardman." They were shipped quickly and seem straight and solid. On one of them, that came with two shafts, one of the tips sounded funny and I replaced it. I'm not enough of an expert to be able to tell how well they are made. Bottom line is I thought they were worth what I paid ($70-$85) and I will probably re-sell them for a small profit.

hondo
12-18-2006, 08:01 AM
I bought a Deangelo about a year ago for about $60.
Looks nice, stiff, solid hit. Shaft was dead straight
which makes me think stick is not from the Phillipines.
My wife really liked it so I gave it to her.
For 50-80 dollars, what's not to like?

fatrascal
12-21-2006, 06:42 PM
For what it's worth I bought 4 sneaky Pete type cues from 'Best Billiard Supply' for $19.95 each. They are made from Eliminator stock and look like ordinary house cues. I
asked for and received an 18,19,20, and 21 oz cues. They seam to be decent cues and break down with a metal screw insert in the shaft. I am very happy with them for the house table. but for 20 bucks how can I not be?