PDA

View Full Version : Leaving Oklahoma

Cane
12-20-2006, 05:41 AM
OK, Texans... need some help here. I'm leaving Southeast Oklahoma and moving to a small town in Texas called Paradise (don't know who named that place, but they lied!!!). I need to know of good pool rooms near there. Paradise is about halfway between Decatur and Weatherford, so a drive to Fort Worth, Denton, Lake Worth, etc is what I would consider "close enough" to drive. Would be great to be able to hook up with some CCBers that live in the Fort Worth area and get a little table time in. I won't have room for a table at home for the time being and if I don't find a good "home room" I'll be in serious withdrawls inside of two weeks!!! I really prefer someplace I can go to learn the ins and outs of 14.1 and 1 pocket, but will settle for anything. Truth is, I only play under certain conditions. There must be a table and balls and it must be either daylight or dark... everything else is negotiable.

Help me out here guys... find an old man a room that he won't have to put up with a lot of BS in.

Thanks,
Bob

Deeman3
12-20-2006, 07:19 AM
Cane,

Good luck in your venture into the Lone Star State. I'm sure the crew there will be able to set you up in no time.

Alabama is just a little too far to have you as a close neighbor.

DeeMan

Cane
12-20-2006, 07:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> Alabama is just a little too far to have you as a close neighbor.

DeeMan <hr /></blockquote>

I don't know, Dee! I hear they have some pretty good tourneys in Huntsville... and I AM off that day!

It's good to be retired! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Later,
Bob

Rich R.
12-20-2006, 07:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cane:</font><hr> Truth is, I only play under certain conditions. There must be a table and balls and it must be either daylight or dark... everything else is negotiable.<hr /></blockquote>Your just too damn picky. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good luck on your search. If all else fails, you could always move east. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sid_Vicious
12-20-2006, 07:51 AM
"I don't know, Dee! I hear they have some pretty good tourneys in Huntsville... and I AM off that day! sid~~~not sure about your location in all seriousness

It's good to be retired"

Huntsville? There's a big house there but the barbwire is intimidating but there are a lot of "non working" folks to wile away the time ;-) sid

Tom_In_Cincy
12-20-2006, 02:10 PM
Leaving Oklahoma and going to Texas, and raising the IQ level in both places.

Just Kidding, hope your move is pleasent.

ryushen21
12-20-2006, 06:56 PM
If u don't mind driving into Fort Worth, the best place (and only real pool hall in my opinion) is Rusty's. It's a pretty decent place to play with 4 9ft GCs, 10 8 ft tables, and side dedicated to coin ops.

There are also plenty of action if you are looking for it and a some great 1P players.

If you want to come into town, I'll show the place to you. Just send me a PM.

jjinfla
12-20-2006, 07:05 PM
I hope you didn't drive down Rt 666 when you were leaving.

The History channel did a bit about Rt 666 tonight.

Jake

pooltchr
12-20-2006, 07:17 PM
If Texas doesn't work out for you, we welcome "Big ol' rednecks" like you here in the Carolina's!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Good luck with the move, my friend! And you better be healthy enough to make next October's pool school here. We missed you this year!
Steve