PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Reid?

belford
12-20-2006, 06:43 AM
I am looking for video's of Jimmy Reid in match play. All I have found is an Accu-Stats 9 ball video of Jimmy and C.J. Whiley in '93. I already have his instructional videos. Anyone know of other videos with Jimmy Reid?

jjinfla
12-20-2006, 06:49 AM
Why not try sending him an e-mail and ask him if he knows what is available?

jimmyreidpro@bellsouth.net

Jake

Rich R.
12-20-2006, 07:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> Why not try sending him an e-mail and ask him if he knows what is available?

jimmyreidpro@bellsouth.net<hr /></blockquote>
This is the best idea, but, if you don't get an asnwer right away, don't worry. Jimmy has been ill for a while and I'm sure he will get to you eventually.

Vagabond
12-20-2006, 08:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote belford:</font><hr> I am looking for video's of Jimmy Reid in match play. All I have found is an Accu-Stats 9 ball video of Jimmy and C.J. Whiley in '93. I already have his instructional videos. Anyone know of other videos with Jimmy Reid? <hr /></blockquote>

was that from Reno?
Jimmy always comes up with a different shark move and u will be surprised at his creative moves.In that match Jimmy started smoking a cigar.when he was at the table he had to leave his cigar at the place he was supposed to be seated.He left it on the coffee table that had to be shared by both the players.you guessed it...the smoke was going into the nostrils of CJ. CJ got pissed off and finally shouted at Jimmy saying ``take this f...ing cigar out.Mr.giggles( Jimmy giggles all the time) with his big giggle put off the cigar with out saying anything.Everybody including me thought it was one of Jimmy`s gimmicks. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

belford
12-21-2006, 07:31 AM
I haven't seen that one. I was thinking of buying it. I think it would be funny to see C. J. Whiley get mad.

cueball1950
12-21-2006, 11:21 AM
Vagabond..... I can remember Jimmy Reid playing Carlos Viera at the U.S. Open 1 year. I believe the year Barry held it at the Virginia beach conference center. Jimmy did things to Carlos to shark him that i fully believe should have gotten him barred from the tournament. He went as far as spitting in the floor, dropping his cue on the floor. Using his tip tapper when Carlos was shooting. I sat there and watched this all in disbelief. After exchanging words a few times Jimmy finally got under carlos skin and broke his spirit. Jimmy may have wound up winning the match but Carlos won the war. After the match when they were both outside still arguing about Jimmy's conduct Jimmy jabbed Carlos in the stomach with his case and Carlos retaliated by clocking Jimmy a couple of times upside his head. Jimmy had Carlos arrested and barred from the tournament and Carlos had to leave Virginia Beach and Virginia. I personally think if anybody was to be barred then bar both of them. Jimmy for his actions (which the tournament director was made aware of) and Carlos for his actions outside. Anyway, Jimmy showed up for his next match the next day and the whole side of his face was black and blue. from the ear to the end of his chin..this is 1 time i would guess that Jimmy did not get away with his sharking moves...............mike

Vagabond
12-21-2006, 12:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote belford:</font><hr> I haven't seen that one. I was thinking of buying it. I think it would be funny to see C. J. Whiley get mad. <hr /></blockquote>

You will not be able to see those things in Accu Stat videos because the video did not cover beyond the table in those years.This thing happened at least 5-6 feet away from the table.

Vagabond
12-21-2006, 12:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> Vagabond..this is 1 time i would guess that Jimmy did not get away with his sharking moves...............mike <hr /></blockquote>

I think that it was in 1995 or 1997.By the way what is the name of the lady that was dating Carlos in early 90s? She used to play in the WPBA.I forgot her name.

Nostroke
12-23-2006, 11:02 PM
Was that Jamie something?

Vagabond
12-30-2006, 09:26 AM
thanks Nostroke.