PDA

View Full Version : Good Money After Bad!

Sid_Vicious
12-24-2006, 03:55 PM
You know, if we did not have Katrina victims still without a real life, and the SS issue was addressed, AND the Iraqi officials had not screwed us on past money handouts...this idea might hold water. Now...it is simply the worse idea IMO, to give more of our money to those who seemingly does not do anything to help themselves except for grabbing out good samaritan money and running! Stupid is as stupid does. sid

"Bush is being urged to give up to $10 billion (£5.1 billion) to Iraq as part of a “New Deal” that would create work for unemployed Iraqis, following the model of President Franklin D Roosevelt during the 1930s depression."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-2517659,00.html

pooltchr
12-24-2006, 07:34 PM
Why don't we just buy about $10 Billion in oil from them at, ohhhhh, about $30/bbl??? They get their money, and our gas goes back down below $2 a gallon.

Sid_Vicious
12-24-2006, 09:23 PM
Cut the middlemen out from here, and HELL YES. I simply don't trust the weasels stateside to not f'it up, and we'd still have a $2 minimum, rewards to the major oil interests, GW mainline...sid

pooltchr
12-25-2006, 08:11 AM
It was my understanding that the Iraq oil would be used to fund the re-building efforts. That idea made sense to me. I see no reason for us to give them money. We have already spent plenty over there. They have plenty of oil, which translates into money in the global economy.
Steve