PDA

View Full Version : 39 Degrees in Vegas Xmas night

CarolNYC
12-27-2006, 06:35 AM
Went to Vegas for dinner Xmas night-well, it was freezing there-it was 39 degrees-I thought Vegas was warm all -year-around- thats what I get for thinking /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gifWhen I landed at Newark last night, 46 degrees-warmer in NY then in Vegas,hmmmmmmmmm!

Also, there is NO SMOKING at the airport no more-as of December 22-it went into effect,so, any smokrs have to take that tram and leave the airport!

Stopped at the Riviera-was never there except during BCA pool championship-the place was absolutely DEAD!
Not only that, it had hardly any slot machines-they must move them all in when the BCA tournament is going on-

All in all, it was a nice trip, but its good to be home-
I dont know, no matter where I go, Im always anxious to get there,but then, happy to be home-

Hope everyone had a nice Xmas /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
12-27-2006, 01:53 PM
Glad you're back safe and sound.
Happy New Year!

Duane

cushioncrawler
12-27-2006, 06:02 PM
Xmas in Ballarat woz freezing -- and its summer here dont forget. Funny, seeing the footage of new snow on the hills Xmas day on black ground & trees from the bushfires which are still burning. madMac.

CarolNYC
12-28-2006, 05:19 AM
Hmmmmmmmm,CC,
Are your summers often cold?
Why are there bushfires? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Carol

CarolNYC
12-28-2006, 05:21 AM
Hi DUane,
Im glad ,too /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Hope you and Mary&family had a wonderful Xmas /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Are you ready for SB?

Carol~wishing Duane a very Happy New Year!

cushioncrawler
12-28-2006, 01:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Hmmmmmmmm,CC,
Are your summers often cold?
Why are there bushfires? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>
In Ballarat, in southern Victoria, in summer, it can be freezing whenever a cold big bubble of antarctic air comes off the southern ocean. Ballarat is high, 1700' is high here, and hence it is cloudy and windy, which makes it all worse. It snows on average once per year, in winter usually.

There are allways bushfires every summer. Uzually started by lightning, and illegally by fire-workers (same as in the usa -- shood be more of this i reckon). This year there were a few big fires deep in the mountains, and they all joined up to make one big fire, ie 100 miles long. The firefighters here have $hit for brains, they dont use fire much to fight fire, and dont do much in the way of cold burning off season, alltho this is partly due to the opposition of (stupid) greenies. I am a greenie, but there are dumb greenies allso. madMac.

dg-in-centralpa
12-28-2006, 02:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr>
Are you ready for SB? <hr /></blockquote>

Absolutely!!! I'm almost ready to start counting the days. We're looking forward to seeing you again.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Duane

JPB
12-28-2006, 02:53 PM
I dunno, I was also in Las vegas over Christmas and ran around without a jacket all the time. Granted I wasn't doing anything outside much, just the usual lazy American back and forth to the car. It was sort of funny that valet pick up at one place had several heaters in an essentially indoor garage. heaven forbid you feel the weather for the 2 minutes it takes to bring your car to you, what a country/city. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

eg8r
12-28-2006, 07:00 PM
It is always nice to be home. I find that when we go on vacation, we never get any "rest" and I cannot wait to go home. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif It is always nice travelling, but nothing beats home. Glad you had a nice trip to Vegas.

eg8r

CarolNYC
12-29-2006, 06:59 AM
I had no idea of Ballarat, so, I looked it up-you live in a very beautiful place-Australia is definitely one of the top ten on my "list to do" plans-as I read about Ballarat, I particularly would love to see "Bendigo with its Gothic-style public buildings and an authentic historical charm in a modern setting." also, the gold mine areas-very,very interesting /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
[ QUOTE ]
This year there were a few big fires deep in the mountains, and they all joined up to make one big fire, ie 100 miles long<hr /></blockquote>
Thats unbelievable!
[ QUOTE ]
alltho this is partly due to the opposition of (stupid) greenies. I am a greenie <hr /></blockquote>

Im sorry, I don't know what "greenie" is??????????

My Mom is Hawaiian and there was a dance she taught me by the Maori of New Zealand-beside the beaded dress we wore, there was an implement used called "poi balls'-do you know if that dance is done out there? Just wondering..........

Carol~would absolutely LOVE to visit Australia?New Zealand /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
12-29-2006, 07:00 AM
DITTO,DITTO,DITTO,Duane-

See you soon!

CarolNYC
12-29-2006, 07:07 AM
Merry Xmas Ed /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
we never get any "rest" and I cannot wait to go home. It is always nice travelling, but nothing beats home. <hr /></blockquote>

Absolutely-this was a spur-of-the-moment trip for me&amp;Jim-a gift from my daughter cause she works for the airlines,so, we thought "what the heck-lets do it" ha ha ha

But we did have alittle bit of a "National Lampoon" trip-(when I travel and something goes wrong, I call it "the trip to Wallyworld" ha haha-
On our return flight, we boarded and 5 minutes into being boarded, the pilot noticed the windshield ABOVE his head to the left was smashed-we had to get off the plane,wait~6 hours for them to replace then windshield,then we were on our way-so,all=in-all, I didnt mind being stuck in Vegas-the airlines compensated us for the delay-no big deal-been there,done that!

Hey, the WPBA regional championship will be held in Tampa ,Florida on Jan.26-28??? Its on the WPBA website-are you near there-would love to meet you /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Have a wonderful New Year to you&amp;your family
/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Carol

CarolNYC
12-29-2006, 07:16 AM
Hi there,
[ QUOTE ]
just the usual lazy American back and forth to the car <hr /></blockquote>
Ha ha ha ha!
We landed in the evening,11 pm-I ALWAYS check the weather when I travel-it said Vegas 39 night/53 day,so,I didnt think it would be that cold,but,duh,the desert-it was a dry,brisk cold to me-here,we have a damp,humid cold.so 40 feels alittle warmer,ya know?
Plus, I've NEVER been to Vegas except in May /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
It was sort of funny that valet pick up at one place had several heaters in an essentially indoor garage. heaven forbid you feel the weather for the 2 minutes it takes to bring your car to you, what a country/city.
<hr /></blockquote>

Ha ha-heaven forbid-yep,ya gotta LOVE Vegas /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Take care and Happy New Year!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cushioncrawler
12-29-2006, 03:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> .....I had no idea of Ballarat, so, I looked it up-you live in a very beautiful place-Australia is definitely one of the top ten on my "list to do" plans-as I read about Ballarat, I particularly would love to see "Bendigo with its Gothic-style public buildings and an authentic historical charm in a modern setting." also, the gold mine areas-very,very interesting....
Carol -- If u come, bring your own water, south ozz haz had a 1 in 1000 year drought -- u arent allowed to wash your car -- u arent allowed to water the garden -- the lake iz bone dry, likewize some bigger lakes nearbye. I reckon that all of the ozzy fires, and the burning of the asian jungles and the brazilian jungles will put more small particles in the atmostphere all over, and there will be record droughts all over, including the usa. (madMac).

.....Im sorry, I don't know what "greenie" is??????????
Carol -- Inkloodz tree-huggers etc -- we uzually have a Green Party in most of our elections over here, the Green Party will be big in the usa before long (the new 3rd party??). (madMac).

.....My Mom is Hawaiian and there was a dance she taught me by the Maori of New Zealand-beside the beaded dress we wore, there was an implement used called "poi balls'-do you know if that dance is done out there? Just wondering.
Carol -- I have never been to NZ, but will one day, it is virtually the 8th state of Ozz -- i have seen the (ball) dance on tv, but it aint never done in ozz.

......would absolutely LOVE to visit Australia? New Zealand... <hr /></blockquote>
Carol -- if u are ever down this way u will havta stay with madMac &amp; madSherie, in our new madHouse near Ballarat -- we have a spare bedroom -- if u like horse-riding throo the bush (but me, i karnt ride), or if u like billiards n snooker on a 12' table (made in 1870), we wont be able to get rid of u. (madMac).

CarolNYC
12-30-2006, 05:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
bring your own water south ozz haz had a 1 in 1000 year drought <hr /></blockquote>
Madmac, that is very sad /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif and,I too, believe we will have droughts all over!

Thank you very much for your invitation-hopefully, I will be able to accept it and meet "MadMac &amp; Madsherie" /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

A Madhouse with horseback-riding,billiards and snooker-yep,sounds like a dreamhouse to me-and your right, "you wont be able to get rid of me" ha ha ha- -Im pretty spontaneous and energetic, so, I hope your up for it,ha ha haha! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Very nice talking with you and I wish you and 'Madsherie" a wonderful,healthy,happy New Year! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
01-03-2007, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey, the WPBA regional championship will be held in Tampa ,Florida on Jan.26-28??? Its on the WPBA website-are you near there-would love to meet you
<hr /></blockquote> I did not know this. I guess I will have to make some time to drive over and check it out. I am about an hour from Tampa so that is not a bad drive at all. I will see how things are going here and hopefully get a chance to drive over.

eg8r

cushioncrawler
01-04-2007, 05:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
bring your own water south ozz haz had a 1 in 1000 year drought <hr /></blockquote>
Madmac, that is very sad /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif and,I too, believe we will have droughts all over! Thank you very much for your invitation-hopefully, I will be able to accept it and meet "MadMac &amp; Madsherie" /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif A Madhouse with horseback-riding,billiards and snooker-yep,sounds like a dreamhouse to me-and your right, "you wont be able to get rid of me" ha ha ha- -Im pretty spontaneous and energetic, so, I hope your up for it,ha ha haha! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif Very nice talking with you and I wish you and 'Madsherie" a wonderful,healthy,happy New Year! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Thanks Carol, hoping 2007 iz good for u 2. Had a long hot day today, shifted my 12' table from Melbourne to Garibaldi, it will be in storage till July when the madHouse iz finished, so dont come untill then. madMac.