PDA

View Full Version : Hi All.

deshapiro
12-30-2006, 05:38 AM
Hi All,
I've been lurking for quite a while. Yesterday, I went out to Rockford, met Bob Radford and his wife, and bought an antique pool table and accessories from him. What a gentleman. He would have been a success at whatever he chose to do. Turns out he was a very successful SCCA racer as well as a restorer of vintage cars.
Any way, as I'm just getting back into pool after many years, I was thinking of signing up for the Cue U courses. Does anybody have any personal experience with them?

Thanks,,
David Shapiro

pooltchr
12-30-2006, 05:59 AM
I am a big supporter of professional instruction. If you have the opportunity, talk with a few different instructors and see which one you are most comfortable working with. You need to have full confidence in your instructor in order to get the greatest benefit. Scott Lee lives in Chicago, and RandyG comes to the area and holds classes with Scott. That is just a couple of options you may want to consider. I don't think you would go wrong with any of those choices. Shop around and make an informed decision when selecting the best instructor for you.
Steve

randyg
12-30-2006, 07:07 AM
Bob Radford is a perfect choice....SPF=randyg

Scott Lee
12-30-2006, 09:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> Scott Lee lives in Chicago, and RandyG comes to the area and holds classes with Scott. <hr /></blockquote>

Actually, Steve, I live in Battle Creek, MI...however I have family in Chicago, and go there pretty often! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott

pooltchr
12-30-2006, 07:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> Scott Lee lives in Chicago, and RandyG comes to the area and holds classes with Scott. <hr /></blockquote>

Actually, Steve, I live in Battle Creek, MI...however I have family in Chicago, and go there pretty often! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott <hr /></blockquote>

I knew it was one of those cold cities up that way!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Steve

pooltchr
12-30-2006, 08:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote randyg:</font><hr> Bob Radford is a perfect choice....SPF=randyg <hr /></blockquote>
I agree...any one of you three would be an excellent choice...and I hope to get the chance to spend a few days at Bob's school myself when I get a chance. I just wanted the poster to be aware of the options he has available to him.
Steve

deshapiro
12-30-2006, 10:49 PM
Thanks for all your input.

David Shapiro