PDA

View Full Version : Wow! I buy a table. Search on Ken Aylesworth...

GKH
12-30-2006, 10:22 AM
... & find several links to him. I took some pool lessons from him while I was in Tucson, AZ stationed at Davis Monthan A.F.B. It was August, 1980. He gave lessons at the base recreation center. And; even then, I was blown away by his trick shots. And; now, they say he's one of the top 5 trick shot artists in the World. Very cool.

I was, at the time, outprocessing. And; I had a couple of weeks to kill. I played a little pool at the time. I spoke with Ken, and began taking some basic lessons. He was a lot of fun.

- Greg

wolfdancer
12-30-2006, 01:13 PM
Sarge writes a column every month for an area freebie...you can view it online(including back issues) at:
web page (http://www.onthebreaknews.com/November06-07.htm)
He came to a doubles league match in the fall, that I was playing in...a good friend of the guy on the other team....so I got to meet him....not only a nice guy, but in the short discussion that we had about teaching pool...he has 30 some years of experience, and has about the same number of ways to "communicate" with a student, depending on the way they absorb info.
My guess is that he would be an excellent instructor...

GKH
12-30-2006, 01:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Sarge writes a column every month for an area freebie...you can view it online(including back issues) at:
web page (http://www.onthebreaknews.com/November06-07.htm)
He came to a doubles league match in the fall, that I was playing in...a good friend of the guy on the other team....so I got to meet him....not only a nice guy, but in the short discussion that we had about teaching pool...he has 30 some years of experience, and has about the same number of ways to "communicate" with a student, depending on the way they absorb info.
My guess is that he would be an excellent instructor... <hr /></blockquote>

Very Nice! Back then (1980), he was just 'Ken'. /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif And; indeed, a really nice guy! I only took a handful of lessons from him, as I was getting ready to leave the Air Force, and move to the Mid-South. But; the last lesson was at his house. The pool table room, he had custom added to the house. Around the walls were trophies, both he and his wife had won.

He helped me buy an Adams Cue, too. I remember he showed me some of the trick shots from the movie, "The Hustler". /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif We played a little 9 Ball, and shared a few beers I brought along, as well.

I have not talked to him since I moved back here. Hard to believe that was 1980! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif After re-locating to the Memphis area, I played little. But; when I am out shooting on the rare ocassion at a pub or bar, I really enjoy it. So; now, that we have a pool table in our home (barely 24 hours now), I have a very renewed interest!

I need to try to contact 'Sarge'!

Thanks for your reply! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

- Greg

Scott Lee
01-02-2007, 08:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote GKH:</font><hr> I need to try to contact 'Sarge'!

- Greg <hr /></blockquote>

Sarge is a long time friend, and fellow instructor/trick shot artist. He is now living in western Washington. If you PM me, I will give you his email address and phone number.

Scott Lee

GKH
01-02-2007, 09:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote GKH:</font><hr> I need to try to contact 'Sarge'!

- Greg <hr /></blockquote>

Sarge is a long time friend, and fellow instructor/trick shot artist. He is now living in western Washington. If you PM me, I will give you his email address and phone number.

Scott Lee <hr /></blockquote>

PM sent! /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Thanks Scott!