PDA

View Full Version : Maybe 2 McDermott's for under $350.00 for home ...

GKH
12-30-2006, 01:33 PM
... use? Since we just got our table, and the included 'American Heritage; cues are 'ok' /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif, I was thinking about getting a McDermott Arizona for myself. My Wife seems pretty happy with the AH cues that were included. Then; I began thinking maybe since 99.9% of our playing would be at home, anyway, why not just buy 2 decent cues instead of being greedy and spending $300 on just one. (of course; I REALLY want the Arizona /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif). But; some common sense tells me to buy 2.

Thoughts on this little dilemma? Thanks!

- Greg

MrLucky
01-01-2007, 07:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote GKH:</font><hr> ... use? Since we just got our table, and the included 'American Heritage; cues are 'ok' /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif, I was thinking about getting a McDermott Arizona for myself. My Wife seems pretty happy with the AH cues that were included. Then; I began thinking maybe since 99.9% of our playing would be at home, anyway, why not just buy 2 decent cues instead of being greedy and spending $300 on just one. (of course; I REALLY want the Arizona /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif). But; some common sense tells me to buy 2.

Thoughts on this little dilemma? Thanks!

- Greg <hr /></blockquote> <font color="green"> All wood to wood McDermotts play great the difference in a $130 to a $2000 is inlay and woods </font color>

mantis
01-01-2007, 08:00 AM
Mr. Lucky,
Are yo usaying that a $130 McDermott cue plays as well as a $2000 cue? I understand that most of the cost i nhigh end cues is in the design, but I also thought that there was a pricepoint where balance and hit were at a max, and I thought it was a little over $130. I really do not know though. I also hear stuff about using the hardest woods in the butt to decrease deflection and create a better hit. I have a hard time believing that a brazilian wood that is a little harder than maple will really make and noticeable difference in the end. I do see you touting McDermott cues all the time here, and assume that you work for them. I am interested to hear what you have to say regarding the differenet woods and playability of different priced cues.

GKH
01-01-2007, 10:44 AM
Thanks guys! 'Much appreciated! I think, I am going to buy my wife an Action Cue (with the Dolphin design /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif). She will love it! At about $90.00, she will still think that a bit much. She has a much more casual attitude about the game. While wanting to learn more, and become a better player, she would think it extreme to spend much more than that on a cue for herself. However; she knows my competitive spirit. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif I'm thinking about the McDermott M61C Gensis EXC. Under $200.00!

- Greg