PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to be in Olathe this weekend?

stickman
07-19-2002, 12:51 PM
Shooters is having a 9ball tourney this weekend. I thought I might drive up for the day, Sat. and checkout the Kansas City talent pool. I'm sure David Matlock will be there, I'm not sure who else. I'm just going to watch, not play. LOL

Chris Cass
07-19-2002, 10:29 PM
Hi Stickman,

Darn it. I was going but don't feel well and down with a cold. Jesse Bowman, Tommy Hernandez, Jamie Baracks, Lee Huewagon, that I know of. Was going with Jesse but had to back out. I think Jesse and David Matlock playing the one hole event today. The last 6 of 32 players in the one pocket event. That's not bad for out here.

Regards,

C.C.~~wish I would have went to meet with my buddy Stickman.

stickman
07-20-2002, 08:03 AM
I'm disappointed. /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif I would have loved to have got to meet you. I don't get out and about that often. One of these days though. /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Getting ready to go now.

07-22-2002, 08:54 AM
Stickman,

I was there all weekend, from Friday noon until Sunday at about 9:30. I played, but went two and out. I had the pleasure of playing Larry Neville first round. I didn't get to shoot a whole lot. Overall it was the best time I have had at a tournament when I didn't win a match! Do you know who ended up winning? When I left there was three left, Walker, Walden and Barraks. Any idea who won the one pocket match between Caleb and Tony?

stickman
07-22-2002, 10:10 AM
I was only there for the day, Sat. I have some friends that were there Sun., I'll see if they know.

Chris Cass
07-22-2002, 09:08 PM
Hey Mike,

Larry Neville took off the one pocket event. The 9ball finished in this order, Whitey Walker 1st. Walden 2nd. and Baracks 3rd. My friend Jesse took 5th in both the one hole and the 9ball. Jimmy Wetch took 5th-6th, I think in the 9ball but not for sure. Tommy H. had a hold of Danny Harriman(sp?) but Danny is a tough guy to beat. Danny won that match.

Regards,

C.C.

stickman
07-22-2002, 09:26 PM
Thanks, CC. Jimmy Wetch is the one who finished my friend. LOL

Chris Cass
07-22-2002, 10:46 PM
Hi Stickman,

Who's the friend you speak of? I'm just curious. I heard it was a strong field and lopsided too. hahahah I still wish I could have felt better to attend. Tommy told me you stopped by and said hello. Next time for sure.

Regards,

C.C.~~wanted to put someone in the loser bracket bad.

stickman
07-23-2002, 06:04 AM
I doubt anyone knows my friend. I haven't talked to him yet to find our where he placed. Another friend told me that Jimmy put him out. His name is Scott Gregory. He's a very nice guy. I had four friends from Parsons playing. None of them stood any chance at all of winning, but I'm sure it was still a good experience for them.

07-23-2002, 11:03 AM
I am glad to hear that Whitey took first, he is on one heck of a run his last few tournaments. I made sure I sat down and watched the one pocket finals. I saw the last game of the first set and the whole second set. Larry Neville was very impressive. Gabe Owen took second, and also played well, but Larry was on another level that day.

All I did on Sunday was watch tournament matches all day. It was a very even field, I figure there were about twenty players that could have won. I watched Walker play Walden in the final four on the winner's side...it was a pretty good match. I saw something I had never seen at that level of play before. I believe the score was 5-4 Walker over Walden and Walden was breaking. Walden taps the cue ball when he was in his stance and fouls, so it is Walker's break and he snaps the nine twice in a row to make it 7-4! Then he comes up empty and Walden run's out that rack (7-5) and then runs the next three (7-8) and then he comes up empty and doesn't shoot again. Whitey made a pretty good out when he was on the hill.

I figure if Walden doesn't tap the cue ball on that break, he probably wins the match, or at least puts himself in a better position to win, obviously. I guess he paid the ultimate penalty.