PDA

View Full Version : New Arrval

davenelson
12-31-2006, 08:35 AM
Hi

Just registered. Could I be the oldest one here? I'm 80. I've been playing pool off and on since I was 14 without ever getting very good at it, but I love the game and aint about to quit trying.

Dave(The Admiral)Nelson

FatsRedux
12-31-2006, 11:01 AM
Welcome aboard Dave, and a happy new year to you! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fats

Snapshot9
12-31-2006, 11:19 AM
Glad to have you here. Two of my best tournament experiences came when I played my normal Friday night tournament at Southrock, and an 81 year old gentleman entered, and I ended up playing him. It was a pure delight, and reminded more of back when Pool was indeed a gentleman's game.

My other tournament experience was down in Oklahoma City playing in the Senior's Championship (Known as 'The Over the Hill' tournaemnt), and I met and talked to Verl Horn's brother who was in his late 70's, I believe, at the time.
Jack Shurtz of Shurtz custom cues here in Wichita learned his trade from Verl Horn. We had a very good conversation about Pool and Verl's cues. Jack Shurtz is not really involved in the making of the cues now, Bob Owen (Gabe's Dad) is the cuemaker, but Jack covers most of the Midwest's Pool tables on a regular basis.

Brian in VA
12-31-2006, 03:08 PM
Welcome aboard, Admiral!

One of the players in my league just turned 81 and he is a pleasure to play with and against! Hope you enjoy your time here.

Brian in VA