PDA

View Full Version : kc custom cues

markabbate
12-31-2006, 02:53 PM
Has anyone ever tried a kc custom cue. I just got a good deal on one. I havent received it yet. Whats peoples thoughts on this.

thanks.

belford
01-01-2007, 11:34 AM
I bought one off ebay for $99. I sent it back because it was dented up a little. It was sent in a cardboard tube without any padding, so it got beat up in shipping. The ferrule wasn't the same size as the shaft. This bugged me during my stroke. The cue probably wasn't worth $99, maybe $40 or $50. Did you buy it on ebay?

cueball1950
01-01-2007, 11:42 AM
while i have to agree with the other poster on the shipping tube i do have to say that Jim Shao does offer a 30 100% money back guarantee on them. I have bought several from Jim at KC and i usually donate them to good causes. I have not yet received 1 back or a complaint. They are, in my opinion, a decent starter cue or if someone wanted to have a couple for their table at home for others to play with.. The old adage applies... you get what you pay for. but like i said. i have never had a personal complaint about them..and although i know the owners name (thru several transactions) i have no personal interest in this company......mike

markabbate
01-01-2007, 03:06 PM
In the ad it said it was voted best hitting cue and other peoples feedback sounded so good. They said it hit as good as a 1000.00 dollar cue. Like a Schon or Joss is what one persons feedback said. Even had a water buffalo tip. The ad said it had a patented technology for a better hit. So disappointing.

Thanks for your posts.

mantis
01-01-2007, 03:37 PM
Please do not believe everything you read. Look at the threads that ask for people's opinion regarding the best hitting cue. Ask 100 people, and you may have 30 different answers. Anyone who claims to have been voted the best hitting cue is trying to pull the wool over your eyes. Voted that by who? How many people from where voted? That is simply clever marketing. He may make a decent cue, I don't know. I do know that you should never buy a cue based on marketing hype, and that you should not buy a cue that you have not been able to hit before, unless you know that persons work. If it looks to good to be true, it probably is as they say.

markabbate
01-01-2007, 03:58 PM
well I'm gonna have to be a little more educated about the product I'm buying in the future.

thanks.

bsmutz
01-02-2007, 01:29 PM
When I was looking for a cue to buy, I was also wondering about the quality of the KC cues. They seemed to be inexpensive. What turned me off of them was the huge quantity of ads on E-Bay and the quote "voted best hitting cue". It seemed too good to be true, so I decided against, thankfully.