PDA

View Full Version : New Years pool resolutions

mantis
12-31-2006, 11:39 PM
What are your New Years pool resolutions? I currently run approximately 1 to 2 of 10 open 9 ball tables. I would like to improve my game by the end of this year to run at least 6-7 open tables. I am sure it will take a lot of work, but that is the type of player I would like to be (at least that good anyways).

Bassn7
01-01-2007, 01:21 AM
I'm going to spend more of my time practicing, not playing games. When I do play games, I'll have specific goals in mind, not just winning.

mantis
01-01-2007, 08:04 AM
This is defeinaltely part of my plan. Now, I spend my pool time acutally playing games instead of doing drills or practicing certain shots. I have found that I am at a point where I am going to make any open shot on the table the majority of time. It is position play and speed control that are my biggest challenge. I need to hit specific shots over and over and over until I can stop the ball anywhere i want along its path. If I do this with multiple shots, I think I will be able to control my position play better amd improve my game.

cjt08046
01-08-2007, 02:53 PM
I definitely want to improve my position play/control of the cue ball. Controlling the speed of the shot and the application of english are going to be part of this, of course.