PDA

View Full Version : Not new to pool , new to getting better at pool.

9ballfever
01-01-2007, 08:04 AM
Hello ,
I just recently bought a Brunswick table , and now I want a better cue. I know , another cue thread! I dont want a real expensive one , but something I can use for years , and then get a better one.
I see there is a Snaeky Pete in most of the brands. The basic design looks to be the same. Is it built by sneaky pete or is sneaky pete just the design of it?Is it a real good cue?
There is a big price difference in alot of cues as well. I know there is different woods and designs. Is there cues that are real expensive because of the designs that they also make in a more basic affordable model that has good wood?
I was thinking about getting a Mcdermott , but there is so many choices , I dont know what to get. Is the Star line of Mcdermott just as good?
I don't play any where right now but home , so I cant really go try othere peoples cue.
Any help would be great!

Snapshot9
01-01-2007, 08:24 AM
For $250, you can have an entry level custom cue from Shurtz cues, make by Bob Owen (Gabe's Dad).

go here: Shurtz entry custom cue (http://www.shurtzcue.com/gallery/FrameSet.htm)

They come in different woods and stains with Irish Linen.

Rich R.
01-01-2007, 08:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9ballfever:</font><hr> Hello ,
I just recently bought a Brunswick table , and now I want a better cue. I know , another cue thread! I dont want a real expensive one , but something I can use for years , and then get a better one.
I see there is a Snaeky Pete in most of the brands. The basic design looks to be the same. Is it built by sneaky pete or is sneaky pete just the design of it?Is it a real good cue?
There is a big price difference in alot of cues as well. I know there is different woods and designs. Is there cues that are real expensive because of the designs that they also make in a more basic affordable model that has good wood?
I was thinking about getting a Mcdermott , but there is so many choices , I dont know what to get. Is the Star line of Mcdermott just as good?
I don't play any where right now but home , so I cant really go try othere peoples cue.
Any help would be great! <hr /></blockquote>
Welcome to the forum. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

"Sneaky Pete" is just a term used for a very plain cue that looks a lot like a house cue. In today's market, there are a lot of sneaky pete cues that will never be mistaken for a house cue, but at one time, they were almost identical.

IMHO, one of the best sneaky pete cues you can get is by custom cue maker Bob Frey. You can get them at the following web site. Some of these come in different woods and will give you a little distinction over other sneaky petes.
http://www.cuesnthings.com/

As long as you only consider top quality cue makers, sneaky pete cues will be every bit as good as more expensive cues. The more expensive cues reflect the cost of more exotic woods, inlays and other decoration.

Hope this helps.