PDA

View Full Version : Don't call me grandpa!!!

Cane
01-05-2007, 06:36 AM
Just call me Poppa. My new granddaughter, Emily Ann Nunley was born in the wee hours of the morning in Marysville, IL at 8lbs 1oz. This is my first grandchild, and there is a "no grandpa" rule in force. I will be called Poppa. Like the idea of having someone that young to spoil, do not like the title grandpa, YET!

Later,
Poppa Bob Nunley

dg-in-centralpa
01-05-2007, 07:29 AM
Congratulations! You're now in a fun time of life. Enjoy it while you can 'cause they grow up real fast.

DG - not a Grandpa yet

pooltchr
01-05-2007, 07:36 AM
Congratulations, Bob! It's so cool to be able to spoil them, and then when they need changing, just hand them back to Mom or Dad! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Don't worry...but the time the second one comes along, you will start to like the sound of Grandpa!

Steve

9 Ball Girl
01-05-2007, 08:19 AM
Congratulations Bob! So since you're Poppa, would that make Billi Momma? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DickLeonard
01-05-2007, 08:55 AM
Cane Congrats now you have to wait to find out what your granddaughter is going to call you. ####

Deeman3
01-05-2007, 09:20 AM
GRANDPA....GRANDPA....GRANDPA.....GRANDPA....GRAND PA....GRANDPA....GRANDPA....GRANDPA.....GRANDPA... .GRANDPA....GRANDPA....GRANDPA....GRANDPA.....GRAN DPA....GRANDPA....GRANDPA....GRANDPA....GRANDPA... ..GRANDPA....GRANDPA....GRANDPA

It has a good ring to me... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DeeMan
Cane looks like a Grandpa to me....

Gayle in MD
01-05-2007, 12:15 PM
Congratulations!!! There is nothing quite so wonderful as grand children.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Gayle in Md.

Cane
01-05-2007, 08:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Congratulations Bob! So since you're Poppa, would that make Billi Momma? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Wendy... uh, well, no actually... Billie is history! Has been for quite some time now. There is a new love in my life... well actually an old one, but new in this decade! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks everyone. I've been at the hospital all day telling the nurses how to do their job and drilling the word "Poppa" into the little red headed girls ears at every oppurtunity. Just got back to the hotel and am going to get a little rest so I can spend as much time with her tomorrow as possible.

Thanks for the words on the board and the emails.
later,
Bob

davenelson
01-06-2007, 08:56 AM
Relax. I have been a Great Grandpa for over 8 years now. It doesn't hurt a bit.

Dave Nelson

Stretch
01-07-2007, 03:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote davenelson:</font><hr> Relax. I have been a Great Grandpa for over 8 years now. It doesn't hurt a bit.

Dave Nelson <hr /></blockquote>

Dave it's when people think your the gradnparents to your own kids that sux. lol St.

eg8r
01-08-2007, 10:57 AM
Congrats, Poppa. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r