PDA

View Full Version : How to decide a tables value?

07-19-2002, 08:18 PM
I bought a house with a table already in it. I am now about to remodel the room it is in and make room for a baby. I would like to sell the table but I am unsure of its value. I do know it is a Gandy Commercial Table....I think?...Its a laminate with what looks like a one piece slate.....It sits level and I believe it was made in the mid 80's. I am positive it is a Gandy just not sure what model or how to find out. If at all possible please let me know where I can find information on how to tell when it was made?...What model it is?....and What it would be worth if I sell it?....Thank you !

stickman
07-19-2002, 09:16 PM
Opinions vary on what is the best table, but I think most will agree that Gandy is one of the better ones. If it is a commercial table all the better. I couldn't begin to give you a value without knowing more, but depending on the condition, the size and other factors, it could be worth quite a bit. If you have a table dealer in your area, that you think you can trust, that would be a good place to start. Since they are in the business, they should be able to give you a rough idea, as long as they know you aren't trying to sell it to them.

07-19-2002, 09:27 PM
I know it is 9' X 4.5"...The table it in excellent condition but could use new felt. Which I would do anyway if I bought it and was having it set up...Thanks for your help.