PDA

View Full Version : Hey Sid (and any other DFW CCB'ers)

rackmup
07-19-2002, 08:34 PM
I'm going to drop into Click's on Skillman tomorrow around noon. Any chance you might be there?

If so...I'll be the guy in the beige shorts and a shirt that makes your eyes hurt.

Regards,

Ken (hopes everyone is having a wonderful life.)

Sid_Vicious
07-19-2002, 08:50 PM
You sure the shorts ain't what's gonna hurt the eyes? :-) You may be early if at 1200, but count on seeing me & Spiderman by 1PM and maybe earlier depending on Spiderman's appetite at lunch...sid

Rod
07-20-2002, 02:53 AM
Well you might be a little late Sid. Spidey can eat a bit. After all his food has to travel some distance!

Rod
07-20-2002, 03:43 AM
Ken,
Hummm blind your opponents huh. Is this the south of the border look, or is it the Hawaiian look. My Mother once bought me some south of the border shirts that blinded me just putting them on! I said aww gee thanks mom that's really colorful. Never left the house wearing them. I kept them for a while until they went to Texas. Is this a texas thing or what? I just realized that you can ask for more weight and maybe get away with it.

rackmup
07-20-2002, 08:19 AM
HINT:

It looks like a picnic table cloth with sleeves and a collar. I refer to it as my "happy shirt".

Ken (feeling happy)

heater451
07-20-2002, 08:25 AM
Are you referring to "gingham" (ging-um) like this: http://www.web-elegance.com/tutorials/ginghamtutbkgr.gif

Not that I'll in in the DFW area, but I'm trying to get a visual here. . . .

==================

Rod
07-20-2002, 02:57 PM
Heater I'll bet that's close. The state and city roadside workers should wear them!

rackmup
07-21-2002, 07:16 AM
It is with great pleasure that I finally had the opportunity to meet "Sid Vicious" (Martin), "Spiderman" (Marty) and "SPetty" (Susan). An added bonus was the chance to meet and play with Scott Lee.

Apparently, Susan was the only one to pick me out of the crowd. Martin and Marty were looking for someone taller but it was Martin that came over and asked "Are you rackmup?"

I was introduced to everyone and played a few games of singles and Scotch Doubles 9-ball with Marty before he had to leave for a date.

Everyone was very pleasant and can play pool! We (Martin, Scott, Susan and myself) teamed up for some more Scotch Doubles 9-ball, changing partners every few games. I continually apologized to those that found themselves saddled with me as their partner.

The evening grew more interesting as we played...you see, without mentioning names, one of the three has a fondness for tequila shots. I remained on the sidelines as these shots were consumed (I have memories of a bad tequila episode that keeps me away from the stuff) and watched as inhibitions slowly disappeared. Amazingly, their pool playing remained sharp but walking and speech were greatly impaired.

We played from roughly noon until midnight. I hated to leave because I was having so much fun. With all that is going on in my life, this was a welcome distraction.

On Scott Lee; the man can play (imbibed or not) and is a true gentleman (less after the tequila shots but that just kept him "human"). If you get the chance to play or take lessons from him, do so.

In closing; thanks for the great evening, thanks for the kind thoughts and it would be greatly appreciated if you keep me in your prayers.

"To new friends, pool and tequila shots!"

Regards,

Ken

PQQLK9
07-21-2002, 07:31 AM
Thats what its all about ...good people good fun...wish I could have been there but the Yugo is in the shop...

Scott Lee
07-21-2002, 09:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr> It is with great pleasure that I finally had the opportunity to meet "Sid Vicious" (Martin), "Spiderman" (Marty) and "SPetty" (Susan). An added bonus was the chance to meet and play with Scott Lee.
__________________________________________________ _________

Thanks Ken! We all liked YOU too!...IN SPITE OF YOU TRYING TO STAY SOBER! LOL

Apparently, Susan was the only one to pick me out of the crowd. Martin and Marty were looking for someone taller but it was Martin that came over and asked "Are you rackmup?"

Yep...SPetty picked you out in a heartbeat, from across the room! Must have been the "happy shirt" aka a picnic table cloth! LOL...just kidding!

Everyone was very pleasant and can play pool! We (Martin, Scott, Susan and myself) teamed up for some more Scotch Doubles 9-ball, changing partners every few games. I continually apologized to those that found themselves saddled with me as their partner.

The evening grew more interesting as we played...you see, without mentioning names, one of the three has a fondness for tequila shots. I remained on the sidelines as these shots were consumed (I have memories of a bad tequila episode that keeps me away from the stuff) and watched as inhibitions slowly disappeared. Amazingly, their pool playing remained sharp but walking and speech were greatly impaired.

Whattaya MEAN, ONE of us? LOL ALL THREE of us were downing that stuff like it was water in the desert! LOL

We played from roughly noon until midnight. I hated to leave because I was having so much fun. With all that is going on in my life, this was a welcome distraction.

On Scott Lee; the man can play (imbibed or not) and is a true gentleman (less after the tequila shots but that just kept him "human"). If you get the chance to play or take lessons from him, do so.

THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS, BUDDY!

In closing; thanks for the great evening, thanks for the kind thoughts and it would be greatly appreciated if you keep me in your prayers.

"To new friends, pool and tequila shots!"

Regards,

Ken <hr></blockquote>

Ken...It was sure fun to meet you and play pool all night long! You know, we are all kind of like a big family, who cares about what's going on for each other! I'll be thinking good thoughts about you in the weeks to come! See you again in Sept., I hope!

Scott

07-21-2002, 03:13 PM
Sid and I didn't pick you out mainly because we thought you would be wearing a LOUD shirt. Apparently you AZ guys have sensitive ears, we couldn't even hear that funeral attire when the jukebox was off. Of course it was easy for Spetty to guess which of us three was you, once Sid brought you over, she already knew me and Sid wasn't wearing shorts!

Snap any more nines after I left?

SpiderMan

SPetty
07-21-2002, 06:52 PM
We had a really great time. I can't believe time passed so fast. It's great spending time with people who like to spend time the same way together.

Fondness for tequila??!? Me??!? hahaha Why is it that that's one of the first things people learn about me? /ccboard/images/icons/blush.gif

Oh, and Spiderman, it was when I first got there that I pointed out who I thought Ken was to Sid and Scott (I had id'd him as soon as I walked in the door) - you were too busy pocketing ball after ball to notice... Enjoy the video. I can't wait to get my shaft back!

Scott, thanks for the lesson. It was fun. Can't wait 'til it comes out on video! Drive carefully. Did I hear you "say" you were coming back in September? I'm ready!

Sid, you are just way too much fun. Not vicious at all!

Ken, I really like your toast: "To new friends, pool and tequila shots!" Back atcha, man. Maybe I should adopt it as my tag line /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Can't wait until the next time!

Scott Lee
07-22-2002, 02:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: SPetty:</font><hr> Scott, thanks for the lesson. It was fun. Can't wait 'til it comes out on video! Drive carefully. Did I hear you "say" you were coming back in September? I'm ready! Can't wait until the next time!<hr></blockquote>

Susan...Yep! I should be back in Dallas working in mid-Sept.
I sure had fun with you too! Today was ANOTHER 12 hour day on the pool table! AustinFilFan has a beautiful GCIV, set up in a first class poolroom, complete with great pictures, trophies, cues, and all kinds of cool stuff. I spent the entire day and evening working with him and his teammates!
We had a couple of meals together, played some pool, and managed to videotape four lessons...all in one day! Oh, AND I still managed to smooth down a couple of margaritas too! Whew! Wonder if it's legal to have this much fun two days in a row! Made some great new friends yesterday AND today! Life just keeps getting better! Tomorrow is Houston, and a stop in to see houston dan jones! Definitely looking forward to that meeting too! LOL

Scott Lee

SpiderMan
07-22-2002, 05:00 AM
But did you really think that shirt was loud? We passed him over because we didn't.

BTW, your shaft is ready. I sent you my work number in a private email. Oh, and I took some pictures of a "problem". Your other tip was only glued over about 70% of the area between it and the ferrule. You probably weren't miscueing, just hearing that tip slap the ferrule on every other shot!

SpiderMan

SPetty
07-22-2002, 08:35 AM
BTW - I forgot to share Scott's new nickname with the board:

Scott "Do you want me to just clip this easy cut shot into the corner pocket, or do you want me to go five rails?" Lee
hahaha

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Scott Lee:</font><hr> Susan...Yep! I should be back in Dallas working in mid-Sept.

... We had a couple of meals together, played some pool, and managed to videotape four lessons...all in one day!

...Tomorrow is Houston, and a stop in to see houston dan jones! <hr></blockquote>Hi Scott,

At least he fed you! We went 12 hours without food. Tell HDJ I said "Hi". I've never met the man, but I like him a lot!

Make sure to set aside an extra day to play when you come through here next time. I should have air conditioning by then, so the DFW contingent will have to come out to my place.

Michelle
07-22-2002, 10:05 AM
I wish I would have thought to check the CCB Friday night...sounds like you guys had a great time, and I am sorry to have missed it!
Ken, call me next time dammit! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
Look forward to being around next tiome, maybe a little more notice! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

07-22-2002, 10:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: SPetty:</font><hr> We went 12 hours without food. Tell HDJ I said "Hi". I've never met the man, but I like him a lot!

Make sure to set aside an extra day to play when you come through here next time. I should have air conditioning by then, so the DFW contingent will have to come out to my place.

<hr></blockquote>

well, thank you very much. nice of you. maybe i should have made the run up to dallas. i'm sure the trip back would have been a real experience. (like when you can cut the traffic in half by closing one eye.)

well, scott just called and it seems his 9am departure from austin has been moved back a little. like 3 hours. face it, the guy's got a tough life (ha!)

dan...i think i'm safe. he can't be reading his laptop while he's driving....can he?

eg8r
07-22-2002, 10:47 AM
Hello everyone. I will be moving myself, wife and sorry pool game to Ft Worth this August. I am relocating with Lockheed and will be joining the Aeronautics team August 5. I will be very new to the area, so if you can recommend some nice pool halls to try out in the Ft Worth or Arlington area I would appreciate it.

Also, Scott, we talked a month or so ago about taking some lessons in November in Florida. Well, due to my move to Texas, maybe I can meet up with you in September.

eg8r

AustinFilAm
07-22-2002, 02:00 PM
What a life!!! Good friends, tequila shots, margarita shots,
shooting pool, and he claims he works for a living. Watch out HDJ, Scott does incredible multi-rail kick shots on GC4's.

Angelo

Barbara
07-22-2002, 05:13 PM
Here Susan... here Susan... Hows about a little Cabo Wabo.. ??

And what's Barbara not doing tonight??? Studying!!!! HAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!

Barbara~~~will bring the Cabo Wabo to the Expo next year...

Sid_Vicious
07-22-2002, 07:26 PM
We DID have fun! Actually I think my last two good brain cells may have perished in that tequilla storm...SPetty is a bad influence ;-) Naw just kiddin', I find all of my trouble all by myself. We'll get together on a slower day and maybe find my "better" game, cuz it sure wasn't there Saturday. HEck a lot of fun though...sid

Sid_Vicious
07-22-2002, 07:40 PM
"Sid, you are just way too much fun. Not vicious at all!"

Thanks for the compliment(I think.) Too much fun is like too much money, impossible. But I will definetely admit that Sunday was a "lay low day" for this guy(ouch.) "Just maybe slowing down a little might be an idea to consider." I'm glad I didn't have to drive to Austin the next day! sid

07-22-2002, 09:21 PM
HA!! I knew there was a reason I liked you!!!
Lorri is quite fond of Tequila shooters too....