PDA

View Full Version : Best cue stick for $800-$1400 budget?

rong_feng
01-08-2007, 03:00 PM
hi im looking for the top-range cue stick to buy, and i was thinking of the following brands, Schlon, Meucci and Mcdermott. Im looking for a two-piece stick of course. Any recommendations on those brands and can you recommend me a model as well? thanks and happy new year = )

underdog
01-08-2007, 03:47 PM
I have a Peschauer that retails for only $410 and I love it. I can only imagine how a higher line of this brand would play. I would recommend Pechauer.

JimS
01-08-2007, 06:34 PM
Find a CUSTOM cue maker in your neck of the woods and have a cue made for you. You can dictate the design, weight and have it made just for you by somebody who will care about getting it right just for you.

Rich R.
01-08-2007, 07:31 PM
I agree with Jim. For your budget, you can get at least an entry level custom cue from most cue makers. If you can, try some cues and determine which you like. If you can't try any, I highly recommend the following cue makers.
Mike Capone Custom Cues http://www.caponecues.com/
Shurtz Custom Cues http://www.shurtzcue.com/

hondo
01-09-2007, 10:50 AM
Get a custom cue: Dave Kikel, Jeff Olney, Tim Scruggs,
Pat Diviney, Shurtz, Dale Perry, Keith Josey.
All great hitting cues. I paid $1300 for a new,
great looking, great hitting Dave Kikel.
You won't find anything better.
Add Ray Schuler original to that list.I bought new
Shurtz, Diviney SP, Josey SP,all for under $450.
Schuler plain jane & Scruggs SP , both like new for
under $300.
Two new Dale Perrys, 5-7 hundred dollars.
Like new Scruggs for a thousand.
Used Olney for under $700.
Plenty of good stuff in your price range.

sygfrid
01-11-2007, 06:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rong_feng:</font><hr> hi im looking for the top-range cue stick to buy, and i was thinking of the following brands, Schlon, Meucci and Mcdermott. Im looking for a two-piece stick of course. Any recommendations on those brands and can you recommend me a model as well? thanks and happy new year = ) <hr /></blockquote>

WOW, with that budget, you can get 2 custom cues! And if i had that kind of budget, I would rather invest on Customs than on production cues. At least with Customs, not only does your cue have the specifications suitable to you, you &amp; only you can have YOUR VERY OWN CUE OF ART that you'll be proud of.

Check out www.viattorre.com (http://www.viattorre.com), a custom cue maker known for great cue playability even if a custom cue has intricate designs (ironically, the cue's playability suffers a lot the more things you put in your cue; no wonder why 1pc-house cues have a certain great "feel" that 2pc cues don't have). If I'm not mistaken, simple cue from VIATTORRE starts at $450 only
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jjinfla
01-13-2007, 05:10 AM
I see a lot of Schon LTD's for around $1,000. I got one for $500. You might find a pool room owner, or someone who has a connection with a dealer, to give you a pretty good deal. There are a lot of "unlicensed dealers" out there.

Just keep your ears open.

Jake