PDA

View Full Version : New high run of 63

mworkman
01-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Just got a new high run of 63 and need to brag a little. My old high was 61 which was over a year ago. I just put new cloth (tour ed. 3030) on my 7'Dynamo (4 1/2" pockets). What a difference, my ussual high run for a day of practicing was 30's or 40's. Last night I got a 56, and now today a 63. The table was set up nice to get even a higher run, but I froze myself to a ball and missed. Also, last night when I got the 56 I had a good break shot, but just got too excited and missed it.

This new cloth wont do anything for my league play as we shoot on slow/nonlevel tables, but it sure is fun as I'm able to do things I couldnt before. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif It also should get me ready for the State Tourney where I think they use simonis.

Chopstick
01-12-2007, 07:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote mworkman:</font><hr> but I froze myself to a ball and missed. <hr /></blockquote>

Funny how often that happens. Congrats on the new high run though.

bradb
01-12-2007, 12:10 PM
I just made an interesting discovery. I'm fairly proficient in 9-ball, 8-ball and can get out with a good precentage but I've never played straight pool. I decided to practice it a week ago. So far I have got to the next rack only once!. I find I have to think way ahead of the norm to pull it off. This game is definately a challenge! Hats off for getting to 63! -Brad

mworkman
01-15-2007, 05:18 AM
I actually just broke my high run again with a 65 on Friday. So since I put the new cloth on I have a 56, 63 and now a 65. It seems much easier because I can hit the clusters softly and still get good results, also on the break shots I dont have to slam into the rack anymore just to loosen up a few balls.

This new success didn't translate into a win for me this past weekend tho' as I failed to cash in on a couple chances and blew it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif I did run several racks, so I felt I was shooting pretty good. I guess there's not much pressure when I'm at home running balls.

bradb
01-16-2007, 11:41 AM
You must be in one tough league! I've just got a new table with Simonis 760 and it's forced me to really control my stroke. I played a set of nine ball on 860 yesterday with a player who had waxed me before. I won this time! so I think the extra focus has helped me tremendously.