PDA

View Full Version : Pooltchr, Eg8r - Advice needed

Bobbyrx
01-11-2007, 11:55 PM
I need some advice guys. There is a certain poster, let's call her......ummmm.....Mary in G (not real name)who has kindly asked me not to respond to her posts. "Don't bother posting to me in the future. I find your tactics sexist, ignorant, and generally speaking, of no intellectual value."

Thanks...

Mary in Ga." (not real name)

I probably deserved that for linking this web site when she was making fun of Laura Bush's dress
web page (http://http://www.tonyrogers.com/humor/men_mostly_republican.htm)
So I have done what she has asked and not replied to any of her..........slightly left of center posts. But now I get this:
"It doesn't mean anything at all, jerk, because the only thing they had to base their decisions on was the information that Bush" yada yada yada
quote Mary in Ga (not real name)

for posting a few harmless Democratic quotes.
And again "More of your ignorance shining through??? "
quote Mary in Ga (not real name)
for poking a little fun at the Democratic plan for Iraq

I've never stooped to name calling yet. What do you think I should do? Respond in kind or ignore or what? Just trying to keep this board........sort of......ummmmm......fair and balanced?
Thanks for your help
Bobby

pooltchr
01-12-2007, 05:20 AM
It has been my experience that when you say something intelligent that goes against someone elses beliefs, the only response is to attack the speaker. Name calling is not an unusual response in this situation. I personally find personal attacks to be validation that my point of view must be correct.

This is a public forum, and if someone posts a comment, everyone has the right to respond. If someone doesn't want a response to a comment, it shouldn't be made in the first place.

We all have the right to reply to any post on this forum. If someone wants to make an intelligent response from a differing point of view, I welcome it. If someone goes off the deep end, or attacks me personally, or has to change the subject to try and defend their position, I usually just laugh it off. (I usually just skim over the ones that are 17 paragraphs long as well.)

Just my point of view on the subject. You should handle it as you see fit.
Steve

Chopstick
01-12-2007, 07:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bobbyrx:</font><hr> I find your tactics sexist, ignorant, and generally speaking, of no intellectual value."

<hr /></blockquote>

Way to go Mr. x. You finally made the grade. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

The should change the banner on this board to:

Welcome to the CCB. Now sit down, shutup and you're an idiot.

Politics is the new religion. That's what you are seeing. If you say anything that does not reinforce their belief system then they feel perfectly justified to treat you in any dehumanizing fashion that takes their fancy at the moment. If they didn't get enough emotional self gratification from venting their spleen at you the first time than they will come back for seconds.

If they want to act like a jackass in a public forum then that's their decision. It doesn't mean you have to be one too. That's what ruined this forum in the first place. There used to lots of interesting people here but they got fed up and left because of a few bad apples.

Hopefully someday these people will get some manners or at least come to realize that their behavior is unacceptable in any context, even on ther internet.

eg8r
01-12-2007, 11:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I need some advice guys. There is a certain poster, let's call her......ummmm.....Mary in G (not real name)who has kindly asked me not to respond to her posts. "Don't bother posting to me in the future. I find your tactics sexist, ignorant, and generally speaking, of no intellectual value." <hr /></blockquote> As I replied to her post earlier, you got her panties in a twist and she does not like it when she looks foolish having to defend all the lies of the left. She is guilty of everything she accuses those of the right, just for a more evil party. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Basically, you have a Constitutional right to free speech and I suggest you use it. She has asked you refrain from posting, and on the surface that would be fair (she has done the same to me), the problem is that you are then neglecting the rest of the board the opportunity to hear the "other side". So, I say ignore her requests to refrain from replying to her posts, if she wants to limit someone's freedom of speech, let her do it to herself. As you well know she abstains from responding directly to me but this is something she chose for herself. To get around her little conundrum she waits for someone else to respond and then she responds to that person. It is a little game she plays.

She has no problem calling you every name in the book, and believe she can be real gutter trash at times, but don't you dare respond, otherwise you will get a PM like the one your received.

Keep up the fair and balanced posts. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

We have Gayle on the left, Bobby on the right, and Q out in left field picking grass.

eg8r

hondo
01-12-2007, 11:24 AM
You think it's bad on here??? Try AZB NPF.
I gave up posting. The bushies have called me
an idiot once too often. They attack and ridicule the
source anytime one tries to make a point.I've been
called racist, idiot, childish, moron.
Who needs it?
Plus, while the rest of the country is 30% Bush,
that forum is about 80% Bush. Talk about getting
beaten down!

bsmutz
01-12-2007, 12:54 PM
I think there are only 5-10 people left in the world that know how to carry on an intelligent conversation without resorting to name calling and personal attacks on internet forums. It is almost impossible not to get attacked if you participate in any way.
My advice is to deal with it in whatever manner you deem appropriate, as it doesn't amount to a hill of beans anyway.

Gayle in MD
01-16-2007, 08:41 AM
FYI, I have never pmed Bobby, nor would I.

Believe me, you have the all time title of being a name caller, and for being rude. Addressing the issue, is far beyond your ability. Twisting the meanings and words of posts, in a sarcastic, rude and immature manner, is the only thing you offer to this forum. Since you have no grasp of the issues being discussed, I suppose that is all that you can do.

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
01-16-2007, 10:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> FYI, I have never pmed Bobby, nor would I.

Believe me, you have the all time title of being a name caller, and for being rude. Addressing the issue, is far beyond your ability. Twisting the meanings and words of posts, in a sarcastic, rude and immature manner, is the only thing you offer to this forum. Since you have no grasp of the issues being discussed, I suppose that is all that you can do.

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Well of course not. You are not Mary in Ga. are you? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif </font color>

DeeMan

eg8r
01-17-2007, 07:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
FYI, I have never pmed Bobby, nor would I. <hr /></blockquote> This isn't for "my information", I could care less if you sent the PM or not.

[ QUOTE ]
Addressing the issue, is far beyond your ability. <hr /></blockquote> LOL, hilarious stuff Gayle. Let's refer back to the post about your buddy and her spending? When the post was made about Pelosi screwing up on day 2 of her new job, your reply was about W. Talk about avoiding the issue. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

eg8r

Gayle in MD
01-17-2007, 07:51 AM
not to mention, you never provide any documentation to disprove anything I write here.

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> [ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

Fran Crimi
01-17-2007, 08:22 AM
This is what I've been saying all along. Things always get out of control here. The name calling starts up and then you wonder just how to respond. There is NOTHING you can do about it as long as people are allowed to post berating stuff like you experienced. There needs to be at the least, an across the board rule that gets enforced about not allowing people to berate each other. Then you wouldn't have this problem.

But that won't happen. I can tell you that. Did you all know that Mike Panozzo didn't even know there was an NPR side on this website when I called him a few months ago? Whoever is in charge and whoever is monitoring this website is responsible for this and it's not the owner of this magazine. He's too busy to be bothered and he's apparently leaving it in the hands of someone else. Could be an office staff member acting in coordination with the webmaster.

But whatever the case is, they feel it's okay to allow people to berate each other here.

I do feel for you and I wish you good luck in dealing with it because it will never change.

Fran

hondo
01-17-2007, 10:26 AM
Hey, Fran, nice to see you're still checking out
the posts on here. I, for one, have missed you, dear.

DickLeonard
01-17-2007, 10:53 AM
Gayle you know the Mason-Dixon it makes no sense to discuss anything with anyone below the line but the weather.####

Fran Crimi
01-17-2007, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It is almost impossible not to get attacked if you participate in any way.
<hr /></blockquote>

I'm sure that's true. Think about that for a minute. Have we come to accept a lowering of the bar here rather than take measures to raise it?

What did we used to do to raise the bar in the past when it slipped below human decency? Affirmative Action. Oh brother! Did that cause some uproar back in the 70's and 80's! But it was necessary and it worked. I'd love to see that incorporated into internet posting rules. Let's weed out all the rudeness and start from scratch, and ease our way back into decency.

Fran

bsmutz
01-17-2007, 01:23 PM
Thank you for the kind post, Fran. May all your days be filled with joy and love...
Quite lovely to be chatting with you all!

Chopstick
01-18-2007, 07:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Gayle you know the Mason-Dixon it makes no sense to discuss anything with anyone below the line but the weather.#### <hr /></blockquote>

That's because you ignert yankees ain't got the sense god gave a goose. Speaking of the weather, do you still think it's a good idea to live up there on purpose. I'm standing around in short pants and a tee shirt with a couple of bikini clad babes right now.

pooltchr
01-18-2007, 07:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Gayle you know the Mason-Dixon it makes no sense to discuss anything with anyone below the line but the weather.#### <hr /></blockquote>

It's that kind of "We're better than you" mentality that makes it easy to ignore much of what you post here. Your hero BC was from Arkansas. Your next presidential candidate could possibly be a senator from North Carolina. Carter was from Georgia.......OMG!!! I'm starting to see your point!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Steve

hondo
01-18-2007, 09:16 AM
Great post, Fran, and I absolutely agree. That's
why I quit posting on AZ's political threads.
It got absolutely vicious. Who needs that crap?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
It is almost impossible not to get attacked if you participate in any way.
<hr /></blockquote>

I'm sure that's true. Think about that for a minute. Have we come to accept a lowering of the bar here rather than take measures to raise it?

What did we used to do to raise the bar in the past when it slipped below human decency? Affirmative Action. Oh brother! Did that cause some uproar back in the 70's and 80's! But it was necessary and it worked. I'd love to see that incorporated into internet posting rules. Let's weed out all the rudeness and start from scratch, and ease our way back into decency.

Fran <hr /></blockquote>

Qtec
01-18-2007, 10:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bobbyrx:</font><hr> I need some advice guys. .................................................. ....................Blah, blah, blah etc .blah, blah.
<font color="blue"> Why are you telling us this? Trying to start trouble? </font color>
I've never stooped to name calling yet. What do you think I should do? Respond in kind or ignore or what? Just trying to keep this board........sort of......ummmmm......fair and balanced?
Thanks for your help
Bobby
<hr /></blockquote>

A PM is a PM, ie not for publication. If you get a PM from someone you don't like, NOBODY forces you to read it.
NOBODY is interested. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Q.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Chopstick
01-18-2007, 10:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr>
A PM is a PM, ie not for publication.
Q.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

If you send a message to someone it's not your messsage anymore. It's theirs and they can do anything they want with it.

Why are you so grumpy lately?

Qtec
01-18-2007, 11:25 AM
I've been laid up with some virus for 2 weeks and its driving me CRAZY!. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I have absolutely no patience with pointless threads at the momment.

If he got a nasty PM, whats it got to do with us?

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

eg8r
01-18-2007, 11:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If he got a nasty PM, whats it got to do with us? <hr /></blockquote> Take your own advice and don't read it. Also, the title does not say anything to Qtec, it was quite explicit.

eg8r

Qtec
01-18-2007, 11:32 AM
Hondo, why should you care what some stranger with a keyboard and an internet connection says?
I feel sorry for those who resort to personal abuse on forums. It just shows the limits of their intellect and the weakness in their arguments.

Q

hondo
01-18-2007, 11:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Hondo, why should you care what some stranger with a keyboard and an internet connection says?
I feel sorry for those who resort to personal abuse on forums. It just shows the limits of their intellect and the weakness in their arguments.

Q <hr /></blockquote>

I agree, Q, but that doesn't mean I have to continue to
read. You know what bamadog, casual observer, and lww
are like. Their combination of arrogance and ignorance
is more than I want to take.

Bobbyrx
01-18-2007, 12:09 PM
Where is there anywhere on my post anything mentioned about a PM? I didn't even know what that was. It was just a little humor showing the hypocrisy of a certain poster who had asked me not to respond to their posts but feels free to respond to mine....