PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

thunderball
01-12-2007, 06:38 AM
Just joined up.Thought I'd say these forums are great.Good stuff for the pool player to ponder.

I've been playing fairly regularly for around ten years or so and bounce between APA 8 ball 5-6 handicap if that gives anyone a sense of where I'm at with my game.

A few questions based on what I've read over the last few days if I may:

Whats up with the muecci rep...I've only seen it alluded too,but they don't seem popular among these boards.

What is the best guess (percent wise) of the people here who need to be convinced that throw/spin transfer exists?Is it really lost on a large percentage?

Lastly I'm in the market for a new cue.Actually the wife is gonna buy it for our 16th,but she knows to let me pick what I want.Looking to spend about three hundred or so....any suggestions would be great.I'll honestly consider them all as I have no clear favorite at the moment.

Cool place...I've added it to favorites and look foward learning a good bit and perhaps contributing what little I've come to know as well.

Thunderball

Brian in VA
01-12-2007, 06:49 AM
Welcome thunderball!
You know what they say about opinions! My feeling is, I'd play with a broomstick if I could find one that helped me make more balls but some folks don't think that way. I'm currently playing with a Dale Perry cue that I bought off one of his ebay auctions. To hear some people tell it, I might as well have bought something at walmart. But I love it!

If you're looking for a production cue, I like Lucasi and Players both are in your price range. You can also get a Perry sometimes on his auctions on ebay for around that price too and get it set to your specs for weight and shaft size.
On the spin transfer question, I happen to believe it exists. Not everyone is in that camp. Hey, some people think we never went to the moon either. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Enjoy it here! It's a great group of people!

Brian in VA

Rich R.
01-12-2007, 06:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote thunderball:</font><hr> Just joined up.Thought I'd say these forums are great.Good stuff for the pool player to ponder.

<font color="red"> Welcome. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

I've been playing fairly regularly for around ten years or so and bounce between APA 8 ball 5-6 handicap if that gives anyone a sense of where I'm at with my game.

<font color="red">There are many of us in that range, as well as some better and worse. </font color>

A few questions based on what I've read over the last few days if I may:

Whats up with the muecci rep...I've only seen it alluded too,but they don't seem popular among these boards.

<font color="red">It seems people either love or hate Muecci cues. The same seems to be true of Predator shafts. You will get used to it, as you read the forums.
BTW, I'm in the group that does not like either Muecci or Predator, however, there are plenty around who will offset my opinion. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif </font color>

What is the best guess (percent wise) of the people here who need to be convinced that throw/spin transfer exists?Is it really lost on a large percentage?

<font color="red">I don't know the percentages, but I am a believer. </font color>

Lastly I'm in the market for a new cue.Actually the wife is gonna buy it for our 16th,but she knows to let me pick what I want.Looking to spend about three hundred or so....any suggestions would be great.I'll honestly consider them all as I have no clear favorite at the moment.

<font color="red"> In your price range, I would highly recommend getting one of Bob Frey's sneaky pete cues.
http://www.cuesnthings.com/cues/sneakypete/
I don't have any connection with Bob Frey or this web site. I don't even have a Frey cue, but I happen to believe it is the best cue you can get, in that price range. </font color>

Cool place...I've added it to favorites and look foward learning a good bit and perhaps contributing what little I've come to know as well.

<font color="red">Stop in anytime. All opinions are welcome. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

Thunderball <hr /></blockquote>

thunderball
01-12-2007, 07:27 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys.

I'm leaning a tic towards Lucasi or Joss.I'm not totally against a good sneek cue and will get one in time,but I'd like to get something with some looks this go round.I love a handsome cue...I just want it to hit well.

My bud has a Joss,so I'll bang around with it a bit next week...that will help I imagine.I have no clue about Lucasi though.

I've shot a cuetec regularly as well as a muecci more recently.BIG big difference between the two.Truth be told I all but gave up on the muecci after about six months of regular play because of the "accidental english" as I called it.

Once I tamed it I loved it though...Got a helluvalot better at english while fighting the good fight as well lol.

So in my limited experience the cutec hits as solid as a brick.The muecci offers much more finess,english,throw......whether you want it or not imo.At least in my case.

Keep in mind that all of my serious english "learning" came at the tip of the cuetec..Then the mucci rocked my world.Heaps more deflection and the like...smaller shaft too.I think the cuetec was 13mm while the Muecci is 12.5 (just a guess) but surely smaller.

I play well with each now and the adjustment comes natural but there is a difference no doubt.

I'm hoping all I just keyed in might help with suggestions or at least establish my understandin/feel for these two very different cues.

Thunderball

Snapshot9
01-12-2007, 09:39 AM
Yes, I don't think you could do better than this
Shurtz custom entry cue for $250.

They come in different woods and stains with Irish linen wrap.
Bob usually has some in inventory. 316-269-3844 phone.
Shurtz entry custom cue (http://www.shurtzcue.com/gallery/FrameSet.htm)

dr_dave
01-12-2007, 10:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote thunderball:</font><hr>

<font color="red">I don't know the percentages, but I am a believer. </font color> <hr /></blockquote><hr /></blockquote>
I'm a believer also. So far, that's 2 for 2 (100%).

I think there are lots of disbelievers out there (especially with spin transfer), but many of them are "in the closet."

The first step to betterment is admitting one has a problem, so I encourage the disbelievers out there to stand up and say:

"Hi, my name is &lt;put your name here&gt;, and I have a problem with believing in spin transfer."

Welcome to the CCB,
Dave

Jager85
01-12-2007, 10:41 AM
Welcome Thunderball! I myself am also a newbie here. I have been shooting consistently for about 4.5 years now and just turned 21 6 months ago so just started an APA 8-Ball league and last week moved up to a 6. I personally have always shot with Cuetec cues. I am different than 99.9% of players and was actually taught english before i learned to shoot. My set-ups are always better than my ball pocketing ability. I recently shot with a friends McDermoth and it did hit a little nicer than the Cuetec. I will probably stick with a Cuetec though because I am accustomed to the feel of the fiberglass. I love using extreme english and have never had a problem with the Cuetec. I would like to try a Meucci some day but not looking to spend $500 on a cue. I am not too sure but have seen in forums that a stiffere shaft as in the Cuetec is more consistent while the Meucci would allow for extra english. This would make your extra english comment make sense. I have been thinking about sending my cue in to get it turned down to a 12mm but have not yet. And just for the record I am a huge believer in deflection/throw etc. Also in a follow through, I have noticed a lot of players say with draw you must snap the cue back...I strongly disagree!

Jager

mantis
01-12-2007, 10:50 PM
Thunderball,
I have not personally hit one, but I have heard over and over that Schon makes excellent production cues with good materials.

I have never heard anyone say that draw requires a snap back of the cue. I have always heard that follow through is the essential part of a draw stroke. I have not talked to that many people though.

I am certainly not a pool expert, however, in my meager experience, I simply do not see why their is even a discussion as to whether or not spin transfer exists. It can be easily proven in a number of different ways. Dr. Dave's demo in another thread being one of them. Also look at what happens during a straight on combo shot wit different strokes. I can make both balls over and over again by simply hitting the cue ball with draw. This transfers top spin to the OB which propels it into the pocket after it strikes the second ball. Hit it with center ball, and no such thing occurs. Those are just small examples. I would like to see slow mo cameras show the effect occuring, so the discussion can be put to rest.

Stretch
01-13-2007, 05:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dr_dave:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote thunderball:</font><hr>

<font color="red">I don't know the percentages, but I am a believer. </font color> <hr /></blockquote><hr /></blockquote>
I'm a believer also. So far, that's 2 for 2 (100%).

I think there are lots of disbelievers out there (especially with spin transfer), but many of them are "in the closet."

The first step to betterment is admitting one has a problem, so I encourage the disbelievers out there to stand up and say:

"Hi, my name is &lt;put your name here&gt;, and I have a problem with believing in spin transfer."

Welcome to the CCB,
Dave <hr /></blockquote>

As far as i can tell the non-believers are BCA instructors connected with Randy's Pool School. Since Scotts intitial statement that ball induced spin transfer does not happen all the rest of them have been strangely quiet on the subject.

I guess we'll just have to keep this "our little secret" lol St.

GKH
01-13-2007, 10:14 AM
Welcome! I am also new here. /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif I just took delivery of a McDermott Corona Cue. And; tonight will be the first time using it. I am really looking forward to it. We recently purchased an 8ft. table for our bonus room. It's not a Brunswick, and it's not an Olhausen. But; it's one we could afford. It's a Cannon Lexington Classic Invader. We are really enjoying it.

I have also ordered one of Robert Byrnes' books. And; am looking forward to learning as much as I can.

Until now; I was only able to play infrequently over the past several years. Now; let it become an obssession! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

- Greg

randyg
01-13-2007, 07:11 PM
STRETCH: Don't be putting words in my mouth.

When the correct blog comes along, I will be happy to participate. You might be real surprised at what Scott &amp; Randy know about S.I.T.

I just don't find it a big deal.....SPF=randyg

Rich R.
01-13-2007, 07:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote randyg:</font><hr> STRETCH: Don't be putting words in my mouth.

When the correct blog comes along, I will be happy to participate. You might be real surprised at what Scott &amp; Randy know about S.I.T.

I just don't find it a big deal.....SPF=randyg <hr /></blockquote>
Randy, why not start the proper thread yourself. I'm sure everyone, especially me, would like to know your opinion on the subject.

thunderball
01-13-2007, 07:42 PM
Whoops...I didn't intend to open a can of worms.I was just wondering after reading the boards here for a while.

fwiw I'm a firm believer and actually run though the math on every bank shot I take.Really.I'm suprised anyone doubts it honestly.

To agree with another point made in this thread,one of the many keys to cue ball draw is indeed follow though...no question about that in my mind.

Stretch
01-14-2007, 07:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote randyg:</font><hr> STRETCH: Don't be putting words in my mouth.

Randy, i'm sorry you don't find throw and spin transfer a big deal. Fortunately for those of us looking for advanced information there are plenty of people here who do. St.

dr_dave
01-14-2007, 09:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote thunderball:</font><hr>To agree with another point made in this thread,one of the many keys to cue ball draw is indeed follow though...no question about that in my mind.<hr /></blockquote>
FYI, for lots more advice on good draw technique, see the thread links under "draw" here (http://www.engr.colostate.edu/~dga/pool/threads.html).

Regards,
Dave

Jal
01-14-2007, 11:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Stretch:</font><hr>...As far as i can tell the non-believers are BCA instructors connected with Randy's Pool School. Since Scotts intitial statement that ball induced spin transfer does not happen all the rest of them have been strangely quiet on the subject...<hr /></blockquote>Who can blame them though. The last statement that I can recall from Scott is that it's about a 2% transfer. I've read something similar by Robert Byrne I believe (may have been 6% or thereabouts). Up until a month ago, I would have said the same.

It's like the diet fashions. Who are you going to believe?

If you don't have a math/physics background, Dr. Dave's analysis will mean nothing. It's just another "expert's opinion" and we all know what they're worth! But if you do understand it, then you will be convinced that the transfer is often much larger than 2%, or even 6% (in fact around 35% in many situations).

So they should be cut some slack, imo.

Jim

Rich R.
01-15-2007, 06:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jal:</font><hr> If you don't have a math/physics background, Dr. Dave's analysis will mean nothing. It's just another "expert's opinion" and we all know what they're worth! But if you do understand it, then you will be convinced that the transfer is often much larger than 2%, or even 6% (in fact around 35% in many situations).<hr /></blockquote>
I am definitely one of the group that does not understand the math or the physics of this whole topic. I have not run any experiments. That is for sure. However, IMHO, the amount of transfer changes with the equipment.
If you have freshly cleaned and polished balls, on a very clean table, the amount of transfer is minimal and possibly nonexistent.
As the balls and the table get dirtier, the amount of transfer increases.

Can you confirm this, or tell me I am hallucinating? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Jal
01-15-2007, 12:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jal:</font><hr>...the transfer is often much larger than 2%, or even 6% (in fact around 35% in many situations).<hr /></blockquote>...
If you have freshly cleaned and polished balls, on a very clean table, the amount of transfer is minimal and possibly nonexistent.
As the balls and the table get dirtier, the amount of transfer increases.

Can you confirm this, or tell me I am hallucinating? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
<hr /></blockquote>The above statement by me has a little bit of a catch. The transfer is predicted to be just about 35% whenever the balls end up rolling across each other during impact. It applies from zero up to some maximum spin value, then drops off rapidly at greater spins. This will occur over a broader range of spins with stickier balls than with slicker ones.

Dr. Dave's second graph here (http://www.engr.colostate.edu/~dga/pool/technical_proofs/new/TP_A-27.pdf) ("spin transfer percentage vs. percent English at different speeds") indicates this as the length of the flat region, which is shown to vary with shot speed. Higher speeds, in effect, make the balls "slicker", because the coefficient of friction diminishes with greater speed. With more polished balls than the ones on which the graph is based, the flat region will be shorter at all speeds. But within this region, the prediction of close to 35% should obtain regardless of the condition of the balls.

And of course there are two things to consider, ball/ball and ball/cloth friction. It's probably true that these are affected differently by polishing, but I couldn't say which one is affected the most.

Note that we're talking about the case of a full ball hit. The 35% figure applies in some sense to cut shots as well, but you have to consider it as a function of the relative cueball spin with respect to the exact gearing or no-throw value, rather than its overall spin. As cut angle increases, the flat or constant (35%) region gets shorter and shorter. In this sense you'll generally see much less "transfer" with greater cut angle.

So you're probably not hallucinating...but it never hurts to get it checked out. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jim

CustomLights
01-15-2007, 01:39 PM
Wow, I too just found this forum and I can see I have tons to learn. Thanks for the info guys!!

Jal
01-15-2007, 03:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CustomLights:</font><hr> Wow, I too just found this forum and I can see I have tons to learn. Thanks for the info guys!! <hr /></blockquote>There's a never ending debate as to whether this kind of technical information is of any use to a player. Certainly much of it is not, in and of itself. But in the opinion of some of us, it can and sometimes does lead to a general understanding of how the balls behave, which helps answer such questions as "did I miss because of this or that?" or "why did the cueball go there and not here?" If you know cause and effect, at least you have a running start. But it should also be acknowledged that you can get by quite well, thank you, without the physics. (Some would say better!)

Hope you enjoy the forum and welcome to you and the original poster, Thunderball.

Jim

bradb
01-16-2007, 02:38 PM
I tried to soak in some of Dr Daves cue ball spin science and now my head is spinning. God its taken me a lifetime just to keep my head down!
There's a veteran pro snooker player here in Vancouver by the name of Jim Bear. When asked for advice on potting all he would say is, "hit it where it will go!" This sounded like a kiss off, but on reflection now I think he was dead serious. The game is all instinct to him and it bothered him to think about how he played it. If we were to ask him about spin transfer he would say, "hit it and see!"

dr_dave
01-16-2007, 03:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bradb:</font><hr> I tried to soak in some of Dr Daves cue ball spin science and now my head is spinning. God its taken me a lifetime just to keep my head down!<hr /></blockquote>
Sorry I made your head spin. The physics stuff is not for everybody -- its for the physics techies out there. However, anybody can view HSV A.66 (http://www.engr.colostate.edu/~dga/pool/high_speed_videos/new/HSVA-66.htm), which clearly shows spin transfer visually. Also, NV A.21 (http://www.engr.colostate.edu/~dga/pool/normal_videos/new/NVA-21.htm) shows a clear demonstration and explains throw and spin transfer effects. If you want more info, see my March '07 instructional article (http://www.engr.colostate.edu/~dga/pool/bd_articles/2007/mach07.pdf). It contains some good illustrations, and I think the writing should be understandable to most non-techies. If it isn't, please let me know, because my goal with the articles is to reach a wide audience.

From now on, I hope only the ball spins ... and not your head.

Regards,
Dave

bradb
01-16-2007, 04:48 PM
Just funning with you Dr Dave, of course you are right. Knowledge of spin transfer is especially handy when you have a plant that does'nt look to be on. Its one of the fundmental shots in pool and to execute it you must understand the basics behind it. Keep up the good work!

-Stopped spinning here, Brad

Jal
01-16-2007, 06:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bradb:</font><hr> I tried to soak in some of Dr Daves cue ball spin science and now my head is spinning. God its taken me a lifetime just to keep my head down!
There's a veteran pro snooker player here in Vancouver by the name of Jim Bear. When asked for advice on potting all he would say is, "hit it where it will go!" This sounded like a kiss off, but on reflection now I think he was dead serious. The game is all instinct to him and it bothered him to think about how he played it. If we were to ask him about spin transfer he would say, "hit it and see!" <hr /></blockquote>Yes, you can certainly learn just about all of it, if not all of it at the table. But I think we have a good example in throw and spin transfer of a subtlety that could take you quite some time to learn, without a little assistance from physics or an instructor. This is in reference to Dr. Dave's paper here (http://www.engr.colostate.edu/~dga/pool/technical_proofs/new/TP_A-27.pdf).

Look at the second graph which shows how much spin is transfered, percentage-wise, as a function of how much english is used. It's important to point out that it also applies to draw and follow, not just sidespin. And that whatever spin is picked up by the object ball, is also lost by the cueball on a full hit.

So what's it telling us?

As I see it, the curves are crying out for two particular stategies when you need to draw the cueball back, or have it follow through a small but precise distance. They correspond to the regions where the curves are the most flat, since these are the most forgiving of errors in speed and tip offset. They're recommending that you use either a little tip offset, or a lot. In the first case, you get a relatively large amount of cueball spin loss during the collision, but it's very consistent (35%). With the second you don't get as much consistency, but since the losses are relatively small, errors don't make that much of a difference.

The region to avoid is the intermediate spins where the amount of loss can be significant AND the hardest to control, as indicated by the steepness of the curves. If you're drawing the cueball, for instance, and you hit too slow, not only does more spin get rubbed off by the cloth, but a greater percentage of what's left gets rubbed off by the object ball. If hit too hard, both the cloth and the object ball leave too much spin. They conspire with each other to magnify the error.

So, a couple of minutes of study and you should now be able to stop the ball on a dime... or at least have a thorough understanding of why you can't. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Jim

Scott Lee
01-21-2007, 08:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote randyg:</font><hr> STRETCH: Don't be putting words in my mouth.

Randy, why not start the proper thread yourself. I'm sure everyone, especially me, would like to know your opinion on the subject. <hr /></blockquote>

Rich...You already know his opinion. It is the same as mine. We simply don't see any intrinsic value in 'arguing' a point with others who seem to see some delusions as "real". Everyone is entitled to their own opinions...and we teach reality in poolschool.

Scott Lee

Stretch
01-21-2007, 10:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote randyg:</font><hr> STRETCH: Don't be putting words in my mouth.

Randy, why not start the proper thread yourself. I'm sure everyone, especially me, would like to know your opinion on the subject. <hr /></blockquote>

Rich...You already know his opinion. It is the same as mine. We simply don't see any intrinsic value in 'arguing' a point with others who seem to see some delusions as "real". Everyone is entitled to their own opinions...and we teach reality in poolschool.

Scott Lee <hr /></blockquote>

Arguing? who's arguing. We make a point and try and support it with video evidence while you come on with a different opinion and call us delusional while plugging your "reality" school. Nice. Either duck the subject like Randy or back up your point of view. Your last statement was just a cop out. St.

Scott Lee
01-22-2007, 11:08 AM
Stretch...It's not a cop-out at all...and Randy didn't duck anything. You cannot "discuss" (there, do you like that term better?) a point of view that someone holds to be true, when they truly believe it to be. When folks come to pool school, they find out that many of the 'myths' that they believed beforehand, simply are not true. It's part of our job to dispel those myths, and replace them with what actually happens. Attend a school and see for yourself.

Scott Lee

Stretch
01-22-2007, 11:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> Stretch...It's not a cop-out at all...and Randy didn't duck anything. You cannot "discuss" (there, do you like that term better?) a point of view that someone holds to be true, when they truly believe it to be. When folks come to pool school, they find out that many of the 'myths' that they believed beforehand, simply are not true. It's part of our job to dispel those myths, and replace them with what actually happens. Attend a school and see for yourself.

Scott, so in your opinion "spin" whether it be side follow or draw cannot be transfered from one ball to another? St.

APAskill6
01-23-2007, 10:50 AM
Welcome to the board from another newbie.....I am not even going to pretend that I read through all of this as it is a long thread....but I wanted to touch on some of your questions..

I am a 6 skill level in our local APA and actually played in Vegas this past year if that gives you more information to my knowledge level :-) I have been playing pool for 30 years or so, and league pool this is my 17th year....trying to find the magic to finally acheive the 7 skill level patch...

I played with Meucci cues exclusively up until about 2 years ago, then I got a Lucasi and then a Helmstetter.....and now finally I am into a Joss that I bought from a vendor while in Vegas.

Lucasi, Helmstetter and Joss all play very similar. Very Very solid hits....much different than that of the Meucci.

Now let me define that....I ONLY gave up my Meucci addiction because I had wanted a Joss for many years but could not find that "deal" on one that I truly liked the looks of....I probably had 5 or 6 different Meucci's over the years including a Meucci Original that I still kick myself for getting rid of.

Meucci cues will give a less than average player a false sense of accomplishment because english application is magnified 10 fold. As you yourself have seen. I spoke with a 7 skill level player while in Vegas who was interested in buying my Helmstetter for a friend of his and we talked about Meucci's for a while and this was his shared opinion as well....Every decent player I ever talked to has commented on how easy you can apply bottom draw with a Meucci. (and especially with a Le Pro medium tip) This can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on how you control the spin. I was quite adept at it from many years.

More times than not attempting to use that much of any english will only get you into trouble. The more you can rely on angles, and speed alone without any english at all the better you will be consistently.

Now, for my experience with Lucasi cues.....I had one that was signed by Buddy Hall that a friend liked so much that I sold it to him for not much more than I payed for it at a local pawn shop....nice looking cues and a good solid hit, I love the quick release joints on them....you cannot go wrong for the money spent.

If you can get a nice looking Joss in the 2-300 range and you like a solid hit, then by all means get one.....I did and I love mine. I think I will like it even more once I get a Le Pro put in place of the Elk Master that is on it now. But I have been saying that since August too and have not gotten around to it.

Spin = Throw/deflection is very true and you can see it for yourself by hitting a cue ball with left or right spin and hitting it directly into a rail....if you see the amount of angle deflection that takes place just by friction and english reversal, that has to transfer when balls carom off each other as well.

I hope this is informative and makes some degree of sense.

Happy Hunting for your new cue.....one last thing I can suggest.....never buy a cue site unseen, and without at least hitting some balls even unchalked if the dealer will not let you chalk it up.....I once paid 800 for a Meucci that after I played with it I absolutely hated it....just didnt feel right to me. So I sold it for a loss and moved on.

Steve

APAskill6
01-23-2007, 10:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Stretch:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> Stretch...It's not a cop-out at all...and Randy didn't duck anything. You cannot "discuss" (there, do you like that term better?) a point of view that someone holds to be true, when they truly believe it to be. When folks come to pool school, they find out that many of the 'myths' that they believed beforehand, simply are not true. It's part of our job to dispel those myths, and replace them with what actually happens. Attend a school and see for yourself.

Scott, so in your opinion "spin" whether it be side follow or draw cannot be transfered from one ball to another? St. <hr /></blockquote>

Mechanical Rotation...its physics....and it applies