PDA

View Full Version : Pro High 14.1 Runs at Derby City:Thanks Bob Jewitt

koreandragon
01-13-2007, 10:48 PM
Pro High 14.1 Runs at Derby City:Thanks Bob Jewitt
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many thanks to Bob Jewitt who contributed $10,000 of his own money for the players to try for highest 14.1 runs.

It was very fun and exciting and many times had the interest of many fans, even ones not familiar with straight pool.

I've only played stright pool a handful of times in my life, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
Thanks also to John Schmidt who helped cleaned the tables and keep the conditions really nice for all of us to get our best shot, as well as giving me and others alot of sound 14.1 advice.

I think its helped inspire alot more people to play the game and I hope Jewitt continues to support the event in years coming.

Here are some results , best I can remember. Im sure someone will post up all the exact scores.
(the tables played very tough. according to Harriman and Schmidt, running 150 is like running 200 on normal tables)

Finals
1st Mika Immonen 160 qualified with 127
2nd John Schmidt 71 qualified with 89 ?
3rd Charlie Williams 67 qualified with 85
4th Johnny Archer 50s? qualified with 120s ?
5th Danny Harriman 50's? qualified with 85
6th Mika Davis 40's? qualified with 151
7th Dennis Orcullo 28 qualified with 90's?
8th Ralf Souquet 15 qualified with 137

Archer also had 2 one hundred ball runs during the qualifying rounds
Mika ran 127 his first try in the qualifier
Mike Davis held the high run of the event with 151 for 3 days

Other players who participated included Thorsten Hohmann, Corey Deuel, Niels Fiejen,Larry Nevel, George Breedlove, Fabio Petroni, Luc Salvas, and more.

eg8r
01-18-2007, 11:51 AM
Hey Charlie, thanks for the post.

eg8r