PDA

View Full Version : Computer Geeks(Email) Question

Sid_Vicious
01-14-2007, 10:07 AM
I have this one friend who forwards me funnies which have embedded photos in the e-mail, and yet I only get a block of garbldy-gook like ET sent it "from home." What the heck should my friend do in sending this so I get the actual photo? I don't have problems from other senders. It's got to be simple, like a format of test or html, but I tried that in mail sent to myself and I always get the picture to come through. What gives? sid

moblsv
01-14-2007, 06:35 PM
One of you will probably need to change email clients. Most likely your friend's email client does some little thing wrong in formatting the email according to the Internet standards, and your client doesn't handle the problem. I fix defects just like this all the time in my line of work. Recently, I saw this exact problem with email forwarded from Hotmail. Hotmail incorrectly placed a delimiting element at the end of a line and javaMail would fail trying to get a non-existent next element. The result was exacty what you describe.

Other than trying a different email client, I don't know what to suggest that isn't unreasonably difficult.