PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Open Change

Rich R.
01-15-2007, 06:16 AM
I copied this announcement from AZB.
This change will affect many of us.
I believe it will also affect the annual CCB dinner and tournament.

U.S. Open 9-Ball Official Announcment
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

U.S. Open 9-Ball Now Starts on Sunday

The official start for the U.S. Open 9-Ball Championship has been changed slightly. For the first time in tournament history, the event will begin on a Sunday, October, 14th at 7:00 PM ET and end on a Saturday night, October 20th.

"After careful consideration, we believe that everyone associated with the event will benefit from a Saturday evening conclusion, allowing them to travel home on Sunday," said Barry Behrman, founder and promoter. "We also believe this will have a very positive impact on the TV production and broadcast distribution."

Subsequently, the player's meeting will be held on Sunday, October 14th at 4:00 PM ET. VIP festivities are also being planned for Sunday afternoon prior to the players meeting.

Tickets go on sale April 1, 2007 and can be purchased online at www.usopen9ballchampionships.com (http://www.usopen9ballchampionships.com) or by calling Q-Master Billiards in Virginia Beach, Virginia at 1-757-499-8900.

The home of the U.S. Open is the Chesapeake Conference Center in Chesapeake, Virginia. Hotel and accomodation information will be posted online at the event web site very soon.

For more information contact Barry Behrman at 1-757-499-8900

Brian in VA
01-15-2007, 07:22 AM
Thanks Rich! I hadn't seen that.

Brian in Va

dg-in-centralpa
01-15-2007, 11:12 AM
Will this change the CCB tournament?

DG

9 Ball Girl
01-15-2007, 11:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> Will this change the CCB tournament?

DG <hr /></blockquote>It sure should. Folks aren't going to want to miss out on the semi and final which usually happens about 3 PM and 7 PM respectfully on a Sunday--now it's Saturday. Now with the ESPN coverage, I'm guessing the times will change.

Brian in VA
01-15-2007, 02:06 PM
Hmmmm....we may have to run the CCB as a very late night affair.....or very early morning affair whichever way it works out! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I can stay up all night with a few days notice. Okay, a few hours notice. Alright, whenever I need to. Hell, I'll sleep when I'm dead.

Brian in VA

Rich R.
01-15-2007, 07:14 PM
My suggestion would be to slide everything by one day, just as they have the Open.
Hold the CCB dinner on Thursday evening and the CCB Tournament on Friday morning.
That is assuming it is alright with Barry.

I have a feeling we may lose a few people with this, as some come in for the weekend only, but I see no better way to do it.
I am open to suggestions. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

dg-in-centralpa
01-16-2007, 06:05 AM
This is what my thoughts were. Sounds like the only solution.

DG - planning on being there w/Mrs. DG of course

Rich R.
01-16-2007, 07:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> This is what my thoughts were. Sounds like the only solution.

DG - planning on being there w/Mrs. DG of course <hr /></blockquote>
DG, I couldn't think of any other way to do it either.
My only concern is for those who normally don't arrive until Friday evening or Saturday morning, so they don't have to miss time from work. However, with the change in the Open schedule, they may be changing their plans, for better or worse, regardless of what we do.

dg-in-centralpa
01-16-2007, 11:53 AM
Actually I like the change. Now I won't have to miss an extra day of work for traveling.

DG

Tom_In_Cincy
01-16-2007, 12:15 PM
I am sure that the schedule change was brought on with the TV demands. I wonder if there is suppose to be LIVE coverage for JUST the finals?
I sure hope my schedule affords me the trip this year. Seems like the US Open is the only BIG event really left.
Oct 2007... hope to see everyone there.

If the TV deal falls thru, maybe the schedule will change?

Tony_in_MD
01-18-2007, 03:54 PM
What about still having it on Sunday morning? Gives me an excuse not to go home.

Eric.
01-18-2007, 04:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tony_in_MD:</font><hr> What about still having it on Sunday morning? Gives me an excuse not to go home.
<hr /></blockquote>

Now THERE'S an idea!

Eric

Rich R.
01-19-2007, 07:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tony_in_MD:</font><hr> What about still having it on Sunday morning? Gives me an excuse not to go home.
<hr /></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> Now THERE'S an idea!<hr /></blockquote>
That is certainly something that could be considered. It would depend on how many others could stay over for Sunday, as many of us will be coming in a day earlier because of the change in the Open.
I honestly have to say, I'm not sure if this would work for me. I would have to see what I could work out.
As always, we would also have to clear it with Barry, as his staff may be getting back to a normal schedule on Sunday, after a very long week of 24 hour days.