PDA

View Full Version : First video attempt- 5 racks of 9 ball

Eric.
01-16-2007, 03:56 PM
I finally figured out how to upload vids so I uploaded a few racks of 9 ball I shot before bedtime, the other night. Always looking for some constructive criticism.

I know:

-my house slippers and "house sweat pants" look goofy
-my video skills suck
-I don't know how to break the vid into nice neat individual games
-my basement looks like a hole (it's being finished)
-yes I moved a ball in rack 1&5 when I missed position

Hell, for that matter, feel free to rag on me...

vid 1- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RqGWYmepIQ
vid 2- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mlu2lt_d4Io
vid3- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWXXB2l4fzk
vid4- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlsF_2aCepQ

Eric

heater451
01-16-2007, 05:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr>-I don't know how to break the vid into nice neat individual games
<hr /></blockquote>Hey Eric, with what app are you editing?

==========================

dg-in-centralpa
01-16-2007, 07:54 PM
Music? Gotta have music playing when I shoot not a TV. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DG - see you a VF

Sid_Vicious
01-16-2007, 08:15 PM
Bach fits for me...sid

randyg
01-17-2007, 06:54 AM
I watched the first two racks. After you read this go back and review that video.

I like your Pre-shot Alignment.
Your ball pocketing skills look great.
Your tempo stays close to the same every shot.
Your elbow stays up on all shots but two.
You foot wedge works great.

You only chalked your cue before the rack started?
Your bridge looks a little long fo your body?
You always used an Open-Hand Bridge?
You always struck the cue-ball at center or below?

You are always about 15 degrees elevated?

Good luck,
Randy Goettlicher
BCA Master Instructor

Eric.
01-17-2007, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it.

-I'm using Windows XP movie maker
-I like music too, but this ain't Woodstock /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
-I noticed the elevated cue too and I need to work on that
-I mostly use a closed bridge, the video is hard to view
-I normally chalk frequently but on my home table, I try to minimize the amount of chalk build-up on the cloth. I might be a touch OCD /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Randy brought up a my long bridge. I agree that I might be better served wit ha shorter bridge. I actually made the adjustment to a longer bridge due to the change in my eyesight and the ability to see things close. By lengthening my bridge, it doesn't make my eyes work so hard going from near to far. Any thoughts?

Thanks again!

Eric

SteveFromNY
01-17-2007, 03:22 PM
this is actually a great idea (surprised I never thought of this!). I always wanted to tape myself shooting to try to catch some details that I wouldn't otherwise be aware of - but to actually post them here for the veterans to see is brilliant! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'll take some videos this weekend of a few matches and let you guys break it down for me! I seem to be stuck at the D level these days and ca't run moer than 2-3 balls. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Rich R.
01-18-2007, 07:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> -I normally chalk frequently but on my home table, I try to minimize the amount of chalk build-up on the cloth. I might be a touch OCD /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif<hr /></blockquote>
There is a new invention called a vacuum. It works wonders. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Will we be seeing you at VF this year?

Eric.
01-18-2007, 09:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> -I normally chalk frequently but on my home table, I try to minimize the amount of chalk build-up on the cloth. I might be a touch OCD /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif<hr /></blockquote>
There is a new invention called a vacuum. It works wonders. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Will we be seeing you at VF this year? <hr /></blockquote>

A vacuum, what a novel idea /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I'll see ya's at Valley Forge.

Eric &gt;OCD