PDA

View Full Version : Getting closer, but new Simonis arrived damaged!

idfliers
01-16-2007, 05:38 PM
Well, we thought we'd be shooting pool by tomorrow. Not to be. Got the packages today with the new Aramith Super Pro value pack (Sweeeeeeet) with the cleaner and trainer ball and the new Simonis 860 cloth with pre-cut rails.

I laid everything out, and was really bummed to see a 3" slice on one edge (Iwan Simonis side)of the cloth about 15" from one end.

No way to save it. I can't imagine what would happen once the stretching got under way.

No damage to the box, plastic bag or anything that I could find.

At least we can get the rails done and be ready for assembly when the bed cloth gets here.

Props to Joe & Cathy at Nielsens Billiards for getting a new bed cloth mailed out today right after I called them. Good people.

Joe's a bit confused at how this happened as am I, but if they get their stuff pre-packaged, then it was someone at a factory somewhere that puts together the kits, and his name is on the bag. Will wait to hear from him if this is the case.

idfliers
01-18-2007, 04:54 PM
New 860 bed cloth is here and installed!!
HOLY SMOKES!! I did not expect such a HUGE difference in play. Sure a little, but WOW this cloth is nice!

New Super Aramith Pro balls are incredible as well. I can't believe the amount of rollout we get, how much faster the cloth is than whatever generic thick felt that was on there.

For example, I'm not a real hard breaker, say med/hard. NEVER before have I, off the break, had a ball strike the foot rail, run to the head rail, and back to the foot to drop in the corner pocket.

Pockets play a lot harder too, now that there is no big thick fold on the corner pockets to absorb everything. Guy I bought it from did not know how to cover rails properly, and I never got around to changing them.

I gotta say, it's a whole new game now, and man am I liking it! Cue ball can really dance now when asked!

Gotta run...table is calling......... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SPetty
01-18-2007, 07:28 PM
WooHoo! Glad to see that things worked out. Enjoy your new table - it'll get that used look before you know it!!!