PDA

View Full Version : Will this shaft work without a problem?

thunderball
01-17-2007, 08:45 PM
One of the reasons I bought the new cue is I split the shaft on my muecci somehow.That said I'd like to replace it,possibly with a shaft that has a new phenolic tip.I've yet to decide,but I would like a break cue and this seems like a reasoable solution.

I've found both options on ebay and both sold by the same
seller,whom I've used before.The thing is all the shafts come with this disclaimer:

[ QUOTE ]

ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!

IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE SURE YOUR CUE BUTT IS COMPATIBLE TO THIS SHAFT.MAKE SURE A MEUCCI OR PLAYERS SHAFT WILL FIT THE CUE YOU WANT THIS SHAFT FOR. ALTHOUGH I CANNOT GUARANTEE THE EDGE OF THE SHAFT WILL BE FLUSH WITH THE EDGE OF YOUR CUE, MOST OF THE TIME IT WILL BE. MEUCCI'S ARE NOTORIOUS FOR HAVING DIFFERENT SIZE CUES. IF YOU BUY A BRAND NEW MEUCCI SHAFT ($190) IT MAY NOT BE FLUSH EITHER. TO ACHIEVE THIS THE SHAFT HAS TO BE CUT WHILE IT IS ATTACHED TO THE BUTT OF THE CUE. SOMETIMES MEUCCI'S HAVE A PIN THAT IS TOO LONG TOO. I HAVE HAD TOO MANY PEOPLE WANTING REFUNDS BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW THE SIZE OF THE PIN OF THEIR CUE OR THEIR PIN IS TOO LONG OR THE EDGE DOESN'T FLUSH ETC. THERE WILL BE NO RETURNS IF THIS SHAFT DOES NOT FIT YOUR CUE. THIS SHAFT IS EXACTLY AS I AM DESCRIBING IT. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO ACCEPT THIS, DON'T BID. <hr /></blockquote>

Mine is a 97 freshman series.Can I assume it will fit thread wise?I'm not overly concerned with the flushness.
If I can not assume the threads are right,how can I find out?

Thanks,
Tunderball

FatsRedux
01-17-2007, 09:33 PM
Meucci uses a 5/16"-18 thread size.

Fats

thunderball
01-17-2007, 09:50 PM
Thanks Fats.

I meant to include this in my intial post:
[ QUOTE ]
NOW FOR THE FIRST TIME YOU CAN TURN ANY CUE WITH 5/16X18 THREADS INTO A DEVASTATING BREAK CUE WITHOUT HAVING TO BUY ANOTHER CUE. Brand new PHENOLIC TIP BREAK SHAFT WITH 5/16X18 threads. 13.5mm. North American hard rock maple.<hr /></blockquote>

Looks like it will work.