PDA

View Full Version : Gayle in MD

FatsRedux
01-18-2007, 03:11 PM
There was a time when I would frequently argue with Gayle over her views regarding politics. I don't do that anymore.

That's not to say that I agree 100% on everything with her now, but I do agree that Bush has been a failure.

My reasons for seeing the president as a failure may be different from Gayle's but the results are the same.

Six years after 9/11 Osama Bin Laden is still on the loose.

Bush has run up government spending to astronomical levels. Levels in fact so high that they would make the most profligate liberals look tame by comparison.

The war in Iraq has produced nothing of substance or value for US interests. I originally supported the Iraq War, but the whole thing was mishandled. I would have liked for Saddam to have been shot on sight and then strung up in Baghdad at which point we should have declared victory and left the bloodthirsty barbarians to their own devices with a clear warning that any further mischief would be met with round the clock massive aerial bombing of their cities and infrastructure.

No nation building, no bringing democracy or any of the other nonsense, because barbarians are incapable of comprehending, much less living by democratic principles.

All of us know that Gayle is passionate about her dislike for Bush. I have grudgingly come to respect her for her stance because I know that her heart is in a good place, and she wants what she thinks is best for her country. And that too, is a form of patriotism.

This is a lady who volunteers to visit, help, and comfort our wounded veterans at Walter Reed. She is also a lady who offered me encouragement and extended many kindnesses to me when she heard about my own troubles.

Oh yes, she can be a pain sometimes..but she's also a truly kind and compassionate person and for that I thank her many times over. I hope she never stops marching to the beat she hears.

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away."
----- Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Fats

Bobbyrx
01-18-2007, 05:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote FatsRedux:</font><hr>

This is a lady who volunteers to visit, help, and comfort our wounded veterans at Walter Reed. She is also a lady who offered me encouragement and extended many kindnesses to me when she heard about my own troubles.

<font color="blue"> We will continue to disagree but for this you have my utmost respect </font color>

S0Noma
01-18-2007, 07:30 PM
Great post, Fats!

In real life I do not find myself choosing my friends based on their religion or their politics. I pick them based on who they are as people.

There are very few people who post on this forum that I do not think I could enjoy spending time with were we to meet.

When we are hurling words across cyberspace we do so from the protection and anonymity of our PC's and our keyboards. Much like the inside of our cars while we're driving we delude ourselves into thinking that we can say ugly things or make obscene gestures at others that we would NEVER do face to face. It's easy to get carried away.

Your post is a refreshing reminder that there really are genuine caring human beings behind the posts that appear in this forum regardless of any differences in philosophical or political views.

Thank you.

Sid_Vicious
01-18-2007, 09:57 PM
"All of us know that Gayle is passionate about her dislike for Bush"

Anyone who lies like bush, so intensely, and continues to help kill and mame our own soldiers in the process...is Gayle passionate?...just being an honest American, or better yet, just a plain caring soul for the innocent minded. All of Gayle's text has been based on easy to prove facts, given certain people would really care about what is going on enough to read the references and listen to the absolute obvious...sid

nAz
01-19-2007, 01:48 AM
I can't stand her.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

DickLeonard
01-19-2007, 07:04 AM
FatsRedux you will make Gayle Blush. I am still waiting for the Kiss Icon.####

hondo
01-19-2007, 07:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr>

I can't stand her.

Right. What a byatch! Just kidding, Gayle. Love you, dear.

<hr /></blockquote>

hondo
01-19-2007, 07:56 AM
Fats, every time I get down on you, you bounce back
with a post that hits the nail on the head.
For that post you deserve rep. Wait a minute!
Wrong forum!

Chopstick
01-19-2007, 09:10 AM
Well, ain't you the big ole sweetheart. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

What do ya think Gayle? Gonna give im some sugar for this? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

eg8r
01-19-2007, 09:25 AM
Great post Fats, I agree 100%.

eg8r

9 Ball Girl
01-19-2007, 09:54 AM
I http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/bnifiles/heart_2.gif Gayle.

Gayle in MD
01-19-2007, 07:39 PM
Fats, thank you for such a kind post, and I am thinking of you everyday, and wish for you a complete recovery for all the difficulties you are going through.

And, I love every single one of you. Cyberspace or not, I think of you as friends. I know that I haven't always held to my own posting principles, and I do apologize for anything I write that might offend anyone. It isn't my intention to do so. some days the bashing gets to be a bit much, but grudes, and bad feelings are not what I aim for in life, and I may get pi$$ed for the moment, but believe me, I care about everyone on the CCB.

Let's hope the coming year will bring peace to the world, and that our country can regain it's former dignity in the eyes of the world, and that Americans will find the way back to honor, charity here at home, and where ever people long for the U.S. to bring hope and assistance to those who have the courage to work for freedom and prosperity.

No kiss icon yet, but you know what is in my heart.

Your friend...

Gayle in Md.

p[s...Fats, Keep the faith, friend, I gotta a feeling that you're going to beat this thing...XOXO

Fasteddy7
01-22-2007, 11:29 AM
She did the same thing to me. What this contry needs more of is people like yourself. You dont have to agree but at least listen to the thought, then make a rational decision.

wolfdancer
01-22-2007, 12:43 PM
What is this crapola???
you all trying to turn the winter of my discontent, into the summer of love?
Gayle, you're coming dangerously close to "fraternizing with the enemy"
Geez, even Ed writ somthin nice......
I need a drink, maybe a barf bag...
Bartender, another G&amp;T, shaken, not stirred!!!

Deeman3
01-22-2007, 01:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> What is this crapola???
you all trying to turn the winter of my discontent, into the summer of love?
Gayle, you're coming dangerously close to "fraternizing with the enemy"
Geez, even Ed writ somthin nice......
I need a drink, maybe a barf bag...
Bartender, another G&amp;T, shaken, not stirred!!!
<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Come on Wolfdancer, let's get a little closer for a nice group hug and a sloppy kiss.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif</font color>

DeeMan
gee, I feel better in a non-sexual sort of way....

Gayle in MD
01-22-2007, 01:59 PM
You always crack me up! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
01-22-2007, 02:01 PM
XOXOXO Believe me, it's mutual!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

nAz
01-22-2007, 02:02 PM
ya it is sicking I could use a vodka stinger with a wiskey back right about now.... you know this wont last long, i give it two more weeks at most.

hondo
01-23-2007, 08:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> ya it is sicking I could use a vodka stinger with a wiskey back right about now.... you know this wont last long, i give it two more weeks at most. <hr /></blockquote>

LOL! Two days max. I'm still shocked at Eg's post.

Gayle in MD
01-23-2007, 08:39 AM
XOXO /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gayle in MD
01-23-2007, 08:40 AM

Gayle in MD
01-23-2007, 08:41 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif Hey Dick...did I ever tell you...well, you know
XOXOXO