PDA

View Full Version : aramith or brunswick balls

bubbachuck
01-19-2007, 05:21 PM
which balls are better quality and will last longer? also prices?

FatsRedux
01-19-2007, 05:33 PM
They are of equal quality and will last just as long. They are both made by Saluc (Aramith) in Belgium and use the same phenolic compound. The real difference is in the design. I happen to think the Brunswick Centennials look nicer but that's a matter of personal taste.

Fats

bubbachuck
01-20-2007, 09:57 PM
thanks /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

sygfrid
01-21-2007, 09:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote FatsRedux:</font><hr> They are of equal quality and will last just as long. They are both made by Saluc (Aramith) in Belgium and use the same phenolic compound. The real difference is in the design. I happen to think the Brunswick Centennials look nicer but that's a matter of personal taste.

Fats <hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Agree... B. Centennials are a little more expensive. I'm not sure though if they also have the dotted CB which, for many people, serves as a training ball as well /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Shaft
01-22-2007, 06:59 AM
Fats:
We have seen this stated on this post many times, and I tend to believe it: it seems perfectly plausible that B Centennials are made by Saluc. But...Do we know this for SURE? Does the Centennials box say Saluc? Does Brunswick agree?

I also like the look of the Centennials. But it is a matter of taste.

SPetty
01-22-2007, 11:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Shaft:</font><hr>But...Do we know this for SURE?<hr /></blockquote>The poster that goes by the name Cornerman has (claimed to have) done the "first person" type of checking on this issue that you're asking about. He's checked it out with the Saluc folks who tell him this. I believe him.

Ohplayer
01-22-2007, 01:16 PM
Aramith does indeed make the Brunswick Centennials.

Rich R.
01-22-2007, 07:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ohplayer:</font><hr> Aramith does indeed make the Brunswick Centennials. <hr /></blockquote>
Not quite. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

As others have noted, a company named Saluc makes both the Aramith and the Centennial balls.