PDA

View Full Version : I got screwed - Olio pool table - need info and op

plahpoy
01-20-2007, 01:45 PM
I was just scammed on purchasing a used 'supposedly Brunswick Centurion' pool table. When i took all the shrink wrap off, it turned out the table was actually an Olio. From what I understand with the (very) limited information I can find on Olio, is that there are 2 types. One is from germany, and is has been used in some professional tourney's, and there is another one made in Asia as a brunswick knock off. The table I purchased DOES have 1" ITALIAN slate. The logo is of an octopus with pool balls in its tentacles. I have read one other post (only one i could find on google witch turned out to also be here) saying that the rails were 1/16" off and the rails didn't give proper angles!! TRUE FALSE?!? I dont want to practice on a table that will screw up my aim on real tables.

after threatening the seller with a lawsuit, I am getting all of my $$ back - $100 bucks. So essentially this table cost me $100.00 .

Any info you have on Olio plz post!

SELL IT OR KEEP IT? Why?

Comments comments comments!

thanks everyone!

Zach

Harold Acosta
01-20-2007, 08:07 PM
For $100 bucks you cannot ask for more.

Olio tables are used in South America. I've played on them, and what the heck, it's a table. They are definitely Gold Crown knockouts and yes, many come from Asia.

plahpoy
01-20-2007, 09:45 PM
how do they play, especially on 1 and 2 rail kick and bank shots? I read somewhere on a board that they actually spin off the wrong way?!?

cueball1950
01-20-2007, 10:02 PM
what you heard is true in my limited experience with them. (a local room had them and everybody hated them) i would just sel it and go find a good one..........mike