PDA

View Full Version : 5280 cues

DRslamAlot
01-24-2007, 08:55 PM
hi,

im thinking of purchasing my first cue and the 5280 sneaky pete caught my attention because its only $100. is this a quality brand of cues? I think corey duel is sponsored by them thats all i know (been recently watching a lot of pool on youtube /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif)

Rich R.
01-24-2007, 09:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DRslamAlot:</font><hr>im thinking of purchasing my first cue and the 5280 sneaky pete caught my attention because its only $100. is this a quality brand of cues? I think corey duel is sponsored by them thats all i know (been recently watching a lot of pool on youtube /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif) <hr /></blockquote>
Cory is no longer sponsored by the 5280 cues. IIRC, he has been sponsored by Woodpecker cues for some time now.

The 5280 cues are inexpensive, Asian made cues. Quality will be inconsistent, as it is with any cue in that price range. However, for your first cue, it should be fine, until you learn more about the game and more about what you want in a cue.

You may want to look at some of the McDermott cues. IIRC, they have some cues in the same price range and they have a lifetime warranty.

JPB
01-24-2007, 10:13 PM
I have only hit with one of them and it seemed pretty good for the money, but I would go with something else myself. If you go 200-250 I think you can get a whole bunch of good quality cues. For a dirt cheap sneaky pete I would look at the Billiard Warehouse site and think of an Adams which is going for like 60. It is an import but that company has made some pretty good cues. I wish I still had the $100 adams and the helmstetter carom cue I got rid of. That was a while ago, so I don't know about current quality, but my guess is that it is alright for the money. Schmelke sneaky petes are also about 100. Actually, I think it is best to decide what you want to spend and then get some recommendations. If it were me buying a cue for a beginner who would stick with the game, I would probably spend a little more, like the 200-300 range and be able to find something pretty good.

mantis
01-24-2007, 10:22 PM
www.dominiakcues.com (http://www.dominiakcues.com) You can get a basic custom maple cue for $100 shipped. I am told his cues hit pretty well.

hondo
01-25-2007, 06:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote mantis:</font><hr> www.dominiakcues.com (http://www.dominiakcues.com) You can get a basic custom maple cue for $100 shipped. I am told his cues hit pretty well. <hr /></blockquote>

WOW! I thought he retired! There goes the value of my
Dominiak!! Really, really, stiff hit. Too much for me.