PDA

View Full Version : Meucci history/shaft questions HELP!

cstepro348
01-25-2007, 07:32 AM
Okay guys, I have a few questions:

My buddy shoots with either a Meucci HOF-1, which is the remake of the M6 or he has the M6 not sure if its new or old though, the weight system is not allen head they are flat head (new sticks are allen head). It has 2 shafts, with NO dots. The signature on the bottom is the new style lettering that they started after like 1985.

When was the M series introduced?
Did they have the original shaft?
When did Meucci go to the red dot?
With the shafts being no dot does that make if for sure an old one?
How can you tell a M7 or M6 apart from the HOF1 or HOF2?
Does Meucci still make a shaft that is no dot?
If so will that shaft be consistent with the playability of the original shaft?

I'm wanting an original shaft really, I like my black dot but I want the feel of the old shaft, while keeping my stick, any suggestions?

APAskill6
01-25-2007, 01:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cstepro348:</font><hr> Okay guys, I have a few questions:

My buddy shoots with either a Meucci HOF-1, which is the remake of the M6 or he has the M6 not sure if its new or old though, the weight system is not allen head they are flat head (new sticks are allen head). It has 2 shafts, with NO dots. The signature on the bottom is the new style lettering that they started after like 1985.

When was the M series introduced?
Did they have the original shaft?
When did Meucci go to the red dot?
With the shafts being no dot does that make if for sure an old one?
How can you tell a M7 or M6 apart from the HOF1 or HOF2?
Does Meucci still make a shaft that is no dot?
If so will that shaft be consistent with the playability of the original shaft?

I'm wanting an original shaft really, I like my black dot but I want the feel of the old shaft, while keeping my stick, any suggestions?
<hr /></blockquote>

Does the butt have a normal irish linen wrap or the coated wrap. I believe all the HOF and newer cues have the coated wrap.

SpiderMan
01-25-2007, 02:04 PM
I believe the oversprayed linen wrap goes back pretty far on Meucci. I have an older Mducci that I bought (used) sometime in the '80s, and it had a sprayed-over wrap.

SpiderMan

APAskill6
01-26-2007, 05:16 AM
all of the older ones I have owned have had non coated irish linen wraps...I believe it was early 90s when I first seen the coated on the HOF series cues....The M series specifically 97-11 which I believe is also identified as HOF-1 had a coated wrap....but there was a cue that looked exactly like these two that was pre 1997 that did not have a coated wrap....I do not remember the model number, but I had one....so I know that much.

cstepro348
01-26-2007, 07:43 AM
One stick is coated and the other is not coated...
anyone else have any suggestions on why both stick have shafts with no dots???
would that make them the originals?

Cornerman
01-26-2007, 08:23 AM
http://www.discountpoolcues.com/meucci_pool_cue_collectables.htm

Go to this site. It shoud answer many of your questions.

Also, when I ordered my first Meucci, I ordered it with no coating on the Irish Linen. It took several months to get this cue, but they didn't charge any extra for what would be a custom order. All of their cues in that catalog (1985-1990) had the overcoated Irish Linen as standard.

I also have this M-6 or 95-11 or HOF-1. I got mine in 1990-92, there abouts. It was an M-6.

In my M-6, the weight bolt is a removable weight bolt, big slot, not allen head (socket cap). My newest Meucci (which I got in '94 or '95) cue has an epoxied in weight bolt, not meant to be removed. Maybe the 95 series has this system, and the HOF-1 has the allen head? Just guessing by years.

Incidentally, when I removed the bolt from my M-6, the butt cap fell apart.

Fred &lt;~~~ I want my Jim Rempe Meucci back

Deeman3
01-26-2007, 08:48 AM
Fred,

I have an old Jim Rempe in my closet that has the inlays out about 1/32" in two places and a shaft that was never in hot, cold or sexually abused but is as warped as Kevin Ferderline's marriage vows. I have an oldie series of about the same vintage that is much the same. The only Meucci I have that is still a nice looking and playing stick is a Gambler from around 1985 or so. I was also always fearful of removing the weight bolt. However, the Le Pro tips are still in good shape. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

DeeMan

cstepro348
01-26-2007, 10:29 AM
Thanks, maybe I can figure them out but the size of the butt bumper..