PDA

View Full Version : CCB just one big family! New organization: PKU

Scott Lee
07-21-2002, 09:38 AM
Geez, ya leave the board for a couple of days, and there are 3 pages of new threads! ARRRRGH! LOL Well, let me tell you, I REALLY enjoyed myself yesterday at Click's Billiards in Dallas! I met up with fellow CCB'ers SPetty, Spiderman, sid vicious, and Rackmup Ken...and we played pool together for most of the day and night! What a great group. Pretty tough to find a more diverse, yet gracious bunch of people! It was my first opportunity to meet these folks, and I thoroughly enjoyed it! I about bust a gut hearing about Spiderman's "recent loss"! All in all, my sides still hurt today, from laughing so much last night!

As I travel around the country, I find more and more "pool kooks"...people just like myself, who LOVE pool! We all love to read about it, watch it on tv, talk about it, PLAY as much and as often as possible...in other words, EAT SLEEP & DRINK POOL! LOL It seems that we are inexplicably drawn together by this passion that keeps us all alive and well...so much so, that I think we should start our own organization, and call it the PKU...Pool Kooks United!

In the CCB family, I have met many new friends all over the country, and many of us take any opportunity we can to meet, talk, and play pool. I am jealous that I will not be able to be in VA in Sept for the U.S. Open, as there will be lots of CCB'ers there for that event! Oh well... SOMEONE in the family has to go to work! LOL

As with ALL families, we have our "rebellious kids" (whom I won't name, but you know who you are!), and caring family members, who take pride in helping each other to cope with life's dramas. It really makes a difference to have people who care about you, even if they only know you on one level!

In closing, I look forward to enlarging my own "ccb family",
as I continue touring the country! Already there are well over 100 members in my "extended" family here, that I try to keep in touch with, and visit any chance I get...just like yesterday in Dallas!

Pool...it's JUST a game, but WHAT a game! See you on the tables!

Scott Lee

Tom_In_Cincy
07-21-2002, 09:44 AM
Scott Lee.. CCB and Pool's greatest ambassador.

Keep the trips and reports coming..

PQQLK9
07-21-2002, 09:58 AM
True Dat! or whatever that expression is /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif...hope to meet you when you come to Chris's place in NC.

Doctor_D
07-21-2002, 01:35 PM
Good afternoon:

I would like to comment on how much I share in your sentiments. I have had the opportunity to meet many individuals from the CCB, from here in the NYC area as well as between here and Athens Georgia, and I feel as if my family is growing by the day.

Thank-you to all my new friends here on the CCB.

Dr. D.

07-21-2002, 02:01 PM
Well said Scott! I'm jealous, I haven't met Ken yet! Too bad you won't be at the Open, but there's only half a year till Valley fORGE rolls around again! LOL

JimS
07-21-2002, 04:18 PM
Scott went to a pool hall and got his heart warmed! Cool...very cool. Kinda confirms the old saying...."if you want friends then be a friend". Scott Lee knows how to be a friend and is a man with an open heart ready to welcome people into his part of the world. Priceless personality trait and, imo, EXACTLY what the world needs lots more of.

Chris Cass
07-21-2002, 10:43 PM
More Scott Lee's?

C.C.~~just kidding.........

Scott Lee
07-22-2002, 02:35 AM
Lorri...It's all about the nookie? ROTFLMAO! Now THERE's a good tag line! You will like Ken...he is a very nice man!

See ya in the funny papers! Tried to stop in and see Charlie in Boulder on Friday, but he was nowhere to be found! LOL Oh well!

Scott

rackmup
07-22-2002, 06:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>You will like Ken...he is a very nice man!<hr></blockquote>

...and if he finished the sentence: "but he REALLY needs pool lessons!"

Thanks for the kind comments Scott. Be safe in your travels.

Regards,

Ken (wants to meet Lorri too)

Doctor_D
07-22-2002, 06:11 AM
Good morning:

Yes, in-spite of current and popular opinions, Ken is a decent human being.

/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Dr. D.

AustinFilAm
07-22-2002, 07:47 AM
"As I travel around the country, I find more and more "pool kooks"...people just like myself, who LOVE pool! We all love to read about it, watch it on tv, talk about it, PLAY as much and as often as possible...in other words, EAT SLEEP &amp; DRINK POOL! LOL It seems that we are inexplicably drawn together by this passion that keeps us all alive and well...so much so, that I think we should start our own organization, and call it the PKU...Pool Kooks United!"

If that's your definition of a Pool Kook, then consider me a member.

Hi Scott,
Thanks for stopping in Austin. My friends and I thoroughly enjoyed your lessons. You truly are one heck of a teacher and a great guy to boot.

Angelo .... Poolology student for life

John in NH
07-22-2002, 10:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Scott Lee:</font><hr> Geez, ya leave the board for a couple of days, and there are 3 pages of new threads! ARRRRGH! LOL Well, let me tell you, I REALLY enjoyed myself yesterday at Click's Billiards in Dallas! I met up with fellow CCB'ers SPetty, Spiderman, sid vicious, and Rackmup Ken...and we played pool together for most of the day and night! What a great group. Pretty tough to find a more diverse, yet gracious bunch of people! It was my first opportunity to meet these folks, and I thoroughly enjoyed it! I about bust a gut hearing about Spiderman's "recent loss"! All in all, my sides still hurt today, from laughing so much last night!

As I travel around the country, I find more and more "pool kooks"...people just like myself, who LOVE pool! We all love to read about it, watch it on tv, talk about it, PLAY as much and as often as possible...in other words, EAT SLEEP &amp; DRINK POOL! LOL It seems that we are inexplicably drawn together by this passion that keeps us all alive and well...so much so, that I think we should start our own organization, and call it the PKU...Pool Kooks United!

In the CCB family, I have met many new friends all over the country, and many of us take any opportunity we can to meet, talk, and play pool. I am jealous that I will not be able to be in VA in Sept for the U.S. Open, as there will be lots of CCB'ers there for that event! Oh well... SOMEONE in the family has to go to work! LOL

As with ALL families, we have our "rebellious kids" (whom I won't name, but you know who you are!), and caring family members, who take pride in helping each other to cope with life's dramas. It really makes a difference to have people who care about you, even if they only know you on one level!

In closing, I look forward to enlarging my own "ccb family",
as I continue touring the country! Already there are well over 100 members in my "extended" family here, that I try to keep in touch with, and visit any chance I get...just like yesterday in Dallas!

Pool...it's JUST a game, but WHAT a game! See you on the tables!

Scott Lee
<hr></blockquote>
Hi Scott,

I couldn't agree with you more and count me in as a Scott Lee fan. Sorry you won't be able to make the open, I was looking forward to meeting you.

Regards,

John

07-22-2002, 08:31 PM
His loss Scott, his loss. And just what else would it all be about, I'd like to know?! LMAO

07-23-2002, 07:48 AM
Angelo...I had AT LEAST as much fun as you did! LOL You and your lovely wife have a wonderful home, and a great life! People should aspire to have a home poolroom just like yours! You should post pictures here, for all to be jealous of! LOL

I also enjoyed working with you, Julie, Steve, and Mike! All in all it was a great day, and your family's hospitality is incredibly gracious! I'm glad we got to shoot a few games, after all the lessons. I sure look forward to seeing you again, the next time I am in Austin!

Scott

07-23-2002, 07:58 AM
The saga continues...Yesterday I had the ultimate pleasure of spending a few hours in the company of our own houston dan jones...a CCB celebrity, if ever there was one! LOL
Dan is definitely right at home on the beautiful 9' GCIV set up royally in the middle of his living room! We played for a few hours, and then he had the audacity to grill me a scrumptious t-bone steak! LOL Geez, not only can the man play pool, but he can cook TOO, ladies! LOL If "y'all" are in the neighborhood, dan's poolroom seems to be open and running 24/7! What a great place to spend a few hours/days/years! Dan...good luck with your plan to "build it even better"! Thanks for getting me out the door on time last night! See you in Sept! Now, on to more friends in Lafayette, LA, to visit for a few days, and then on to New Orleans for the trade show. I'll send more reports! Golly, I feel JUST like Vagabond! What a life!

Scott

07-23-2002, 08:02 AM
Uh oh!...LOL I just realized that I forgot to sign in (since I am on a friend's computer), and so my posts are coming up 'Anonymous'! ROTF!

John...I'm sorry I will miss meeting you in VA too! But fear not...I will be up your way too, although probably not for a few months! I look forward to meeting you when I am in your neck of the woods.

Scott Lee