PDA

View Full Version : Ex Amb. Bolton Claims Bush Iran Plan Flawed

Gayle in MD
01-26-2007, 11:49 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/24/AR2007012401574.html

Bolton: U.S. Following Flawed Iran Plan
The Associated Press
Wednesday, January 24, 2007; 7:26 PM

WASHINGTON -- Former U.N. Ambassador John Bolton says the United States may not be able to prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons because the Bush administration is following a flawed diplomatic strategy.

In an interview with Fox News airing Wednesday night, Bolton said that contrary to administration claims, the U.N. Security Council resolution against Iran that was approved last month is "very weak."

/ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Deeman3
01-26-2007, 12:22 PM
Remember how dumb you guys said Bolton was. You obviouly can't believe a word this guy says! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DeeMan

Gayle in MD
01-26-2007, 02:39 PM
Tell you the truth, Dee, I don't recall saying anything about Bolten, but I had heard he was a bit of a hot head, though. Naybe I did and have forgotten.

It's hard not to notice how few people in Government, and in the field of foreign affairs are behind much of any of the Decider's decisions though. Just when you think nothing worse will surface, it seems something always does, and then he fires another batch of dissenters.

Brrrrr, it sure got cold here. I could do with a bit of global warming right about now!

Gayle in Md.

moblsv
01-26-2007, 03:07 PM
This statement doesn't surprise me given his history - notice signatures

http://www.newamericancentury.org/iraqclintonletter.htm

wolfdancer
01-26-2007, 07:00 PM
Damn, I hope Bolton's wife doesn't work for the CIA!!
Cheney will have her photo hanging on every Post Office wall...

pooltchr
01-26-2007, 07:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>
In an interview with Fox News airing Wednesday night, Bolton said that contrary to administration claims, the U.N. Security Council resolution against Iran that was approved last month is "very weak."

/ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif <hr /></blockquote>

So what else is new? When did the UN ever do anything that had any teeth to it? If they had dealt with Saddam to begin with, we might not be in the mess we are in now.
The UN is a waste of prime real estate, and a haven for foreigners who want to live here with complete immunity from our justice system. Maybe we should move the whole thing over to the middle east!
Steve

Gayle in MD
01-27-2007, 08:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> If they had dealt with Saddam to begin with, we might not be in the mess we are in now.
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

Seems to me, Steve, that Saddam had been dealth with, and was no threat to us. The UN wanted George Bush to let the inspectors finish the search for WMD's, and to adhere to our nation's international agreements regarding unilateral, pre-emptive war for the purpose of regime change. The containment policies HAD worked.

IMO, we, and the rest of the world would be much better off right now had we just continued to cash in on all the international good will that was coming our way at that time, continued to go after al qaeda, and bin Laden, a search which even Iran was co-operating with, in Afghanistan, and continue to build international allies to help with the containment of Iraq, and the destruction of Islamist terrorists. the UN sanctions proved to have worked since we found no WMD's in Iraq, and there was no connection between Saddam and bin Laden. Our own National Security Estimate states quite plainly that the occupation has emboldened terrorists, increased the danger to our country, multiplied the numbers of terrorists, disrupted the Middle East Region, increased terrorist global attacks, broken our armed forces, well, suffice to say, the UN is there for a purpose. Given the results of Bush thumbing his nose at the world, I'd say we'd have been much better off right now had we not occupied Iraq. The majority of Iraqis, and Americans, think so also, including our former allies, who are leaving Iraq in droves.

BTW, Steve, have you ever read that National Secuirty Estimate? It is produced by Sixteen United States National Security Agencies. did you read the Baker commission's report? EVer tune into BBC world news? I am continuously puzzled by people who refuse to agree that we are worse off now, less safe, and that this policy was a huge mistake, when there is mointains of evidence and proof. Even our military has been polled, and the majority says we should get out of Iraq. More Republicans step up everyday against Bush's policies. It's a true mystery to me how you, or anyone else, can suggest that Bush was right to ignore the U.N., and launch a war which has proven to be the worst foreign policy decision in our history. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
01-27-2007, 09:50 AM
Thanks Moblsv, this is great. Shows just how completely wrong these neocons ALL were, and more proof that the NEOCONS, and Bush/Cheney, had an agenda before they ever got in there, to accupy Iraq. Rumsfeld's statement, to his aid, within hours of 9/11, "We've got to figure a way to use this to go to Iraq."

Let's not forget the cuplrit behind this Iraq fiasco...worth a paste of their names...from the letter.

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>
Elliott Abrams Richard L. Armitage William J. Bennett

Jeffrey Bergner John Bolton Paula Dobriansky

Francis Fukuyama Robert Kagan Zalmay Khalilzad

William Kristol Richard Perle Peter W. Rodman

Donald Rumsfeld William Schneider, Jr. Vin Weber

Paul Wolfowitz R. James Woolsey Robert B. Zoellick

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

I didn't like any of this bunch before they got us into this mess. Now, I can't stand them! I'd be willing to bet that not a single one of them has a relative fighting in the Middle East! They're worse than Nazi's, IMO.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
01-27-2007, 09:54 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I'm presumming he must have voiced his concerns regarding their "New Way Forward" some time ago, hence, he is gone!

Ah, when will King George begin chopping off Heads?

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
01-27-2007, 09:04 PM
"Oceania has always has been at War with Eurasia"

Not so...at times we are at war with Eastasia and Eurasia is our ally. Had you been reading the directives from the Ministry of Truth (Fox News) you would have been aware of this.
I'm on my third Victory Gin &amp; tonic....celebrating the latest news from the war front....."The enemy's defeat is imminent, and another 20000 brave citizens have volunteered to serve!!!"

hondo
01-29-2007, 09:51 AM
Love it. I've taught Orwell's book for the past 20
years in Senior English. The discussion gets pretty
controversial at times.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> "Oceania has always has been at War with Eurasia"

Not so...at times we are at war with Eastasia and Eurasia is our ally. Had you been reading the directives from the Ministry of Truth (Fox News) you would have been aware of this.
I'm on my third Victory Gin &amp; tonic....celebrating the latest news from the war front....."The enemy's defeat is imminent, and another 20000 brave citizens have volunteered to serve!!!" <hr /></blockquote>

wolfdancer
01-29-2007, 10:43 AM
I just hope that old George wasn't a Nostradamus clone. It would be interesting to hear him discussed by young minds.
It's been a long time, and I didn't read "1984" as an assignment, but by choice...
but I suspect Big Brother was a "Bonesman"

hondo
01-29-2007, 11:57 AM
I operate on the premise that many of his predictions
came true. Simply in somewhat different forms than described. If Robert C. Byrd hadn't stood up to the
excesses of the Patriot Act, we've probably have
telescreens in our homes in the next 2 years.

wolfdancer
01-29-2007, 01:19 PM
There was an old....very old, Bob Hope joke, during the "cold war" Speaking to an American audience,it went something like this:
"The Russians also have TV ....the only difference is.....
it watches you!!"